Aaron Hernandez committed suicide in jail

Okeefenokee

Re: Aaron Hernandez committed suicide in jail

Post by Okeefenokee » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:19 am

skankhunt42 wrote:Dumb young millenials on Twitter are trying to make Hernandez a hero because they say he killed himself so his daughter would get his contract money from the Patriots... This fucking country.
Not two hours after his death was announced there were articles being posted asking everyone to think of how this will affect his children and family.

Not one fucking word about the children/families affected by the deaths of those murdered.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Penner

Post by Penner » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:24 pm

I didn't know that the family of the victim didn't even finish their wrongful death lawsuit, yet.
The family of the man who former New England Patriots star Aaron Hernandez was convicted of murdering is asking the NFL team to voluntarily pay damages — potentially millions of dollars — as part of a wrongful death lawsuit.

"That would be the right thing to do," family attorney Douglas Sheff told reporters Friday, standing with Ursula Ward, the mother of slain semi-pro football player Odin Lloyd.

"That would make the Patriots Ursula Ward's champion," he added.
http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/aaron- ... th-n749456

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:28 pm

Penner wrote:I didn't know that the family of the victim didn't even finish their wrongful death lawsuit, yet.
The family of the man who former New England Patriots star Aaron Hernandez was convicted of murdering is asking the NFL team to voluntarily pay damages — potentially millions of dollars — as part of a wrongful death lawsuit.

"That would be the right thing to do," family attorney Douglas Sheff told reporters Friday, standing with Ursula Ward, the mother of slain semi-pro football player Odin Lloyd.

"That would make the Patriots Ursula Ward's champion," he added.
http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/aaron- ... th-n749456
I heard today, haven't checked it, that because the appeal was in progress, by Mass law, because the accused died during the appeal process, no civil cases can use the conviction. Basically, the Hernandez estate is shielded from civil suit. Any NE lawyers know more?
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:34 pm

No lawyer but I heard that as well. He was basically aquited when he died or something. It's weird all around. This is the same state that has let convicted killers walk free to kill again from what I've heard.

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:37 pm

Aaron Hernandez is a family man first and foremost. I wonder if he ran that plan by his lawyer before he offed himself.
Shikata ga nai

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:38 pm

No but he did smile at his daughter in court to get her to smile back.

It could go either way in my opinion

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:40 pm

Since Hernandez was hispanic if he had just revoked his own citizenship the court probably would have let him out of jail since he no longer is no longer an American citizen, and driven him to a Sanctuary city, with ICE nipping at their heels the whole way. If I was his lawyer that would have been my game plan.
Shikata ga nai

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:43 pm

Cute but not contributing to any conversation involving possible CT angles. Now fuck off with your wannabe edgy remarks.

Penner

Post by Penner » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:44 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:No lawyer but I heard that as well. He was basically aquited when he died or something. It's weird all around. This is the same state that has let convicted killers walk free to kill again from what I've heard.

From what I have heard, Hernandez was acquitted for two separate murders- which in the legal sense means that he is innocent of those murders. At the time of his death, which happen only a few days after he was acquitted for those two murders he was found dead, he was appealing his original conviction (which would be this man's family).

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:46 pm

Ugggh,
Under Massachusetts law, Aaron Hernandez suicide voids murder conviction

Aaron Hernandez was found dead in his prison cell on Wednesday morning after hanging himself using bedsheets and, under Massachusetts law, that means the murder conviction that sent him to prison in the first place has been voided.

Hernandez was still in the process of appealing his 2014 conviction of murdering Odin Lloyd, which means a legal principle dating back to English common law called “abatement ab initio” applies to his case. “Ab initio” translates to “from the beginning” and chief legal counsel to the Massachusetts Bar Association Michael Healy told the Boston Globe that the principle reverts a case to its start if the convicted party dies before the appeals process has concluded.

Healy said that civil proceedings in other cases involving the death of the convicted party were complicated because evidence established in the criminal trial cannot be used to make the civil case.

“Unfortunately, in the Odin Lloyd matter, for the family, there won’t be any real closure,” Healy said. “Aaron Hernandez will go to his death an innocent man.”

Not all states still have “abatement ab initio” on the books and some eliminated it after the death of those convicted in high profile cases. Healy said it would not be surprising if a Massachusetts legislator introduced legislation to eliminate it in the state in light of Hernandez’s suicide.