Sun Edison - Solar Energy is too expensive?

The Conservative

Re: Sun Edison - Solar Energy is too expensive?

Post by The Conservative » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:53 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
The Conservative wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:
Yes it does. Far less impact on wildlife and more efficient energy production. Plus added bonus of being able to store excess heat in huge salt vats to be used after the sun goes down.

Also the deaths caused by wind turbines are due to inappropriate sites such as valleys being chosen due to the regular flow of wind conflicting with the flight patterns of birds.
Most of our wind generators are situated out at sea where they have much less impact on birds and have the added bonus of providing safer breeding grounds for fish because trawlers are prohibited from fishing around them.
That's good, but still we have too many variants out there, and until we work on a standard, we have 1.3 Million animals dying a year in CA alone...
Beats 1.3 billion humans dying of starvation and war, when the sea levels swamp coastal cities...
:roll:
#NotOneRedCent

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:02 am

The Conservative wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:
The Conservative wrote:
Oh that just makes it so much better :roll:
Yes it does. Far less impact on wildlife and more efficient energy production. Plus added bonus of being able to store excess heat in huge salt vats to be used after the sun goes down.

Also the deaths caused by wind turbines are due to inappropriate sites such as valleys being chosen due to the regular flow of wind conflicting with the flight patterns of birds.
Most of our wind generators are situated out at sea where they have much less impact on birds and have the added bonus of providing safer breeding grounds for fish because trawlers are prohibited from fishing around them.
That's good, but still we have too many variants out there, and until we work on a standard, we have 1.3 Million animals dying a year in CA alone...
It's called progress, the more you invest and research new techniques the better they become. If you have a leader who scraps all renewable energy and goes back to burning filthy coal the more you will get left behind. I mean look at what a bunch of goat herders are doing in Morocco compared to the richest nations on Earth.
Research is also going into less dense PV solar farms which still allow grazing and even crop production on the same land.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:23 am

Montegriffo wrote:
The Conservative wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:

It's called progress, the more you invest and research new techniques the better they become. If you have a leader who scraps all renewable energy and goes back to burning filthy coal the more you will get left behind. I mean look at what a bunch of goat herders are doing in Morocco compared to the richest nations on Earth.
Research is also going into less dense PV solar farms which still allow grazing and even crop production on the same land.
Progress is great, but if you don't fix what it's broken, it's going to remain broken.
#NotOneRedCent

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:12 am

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:30 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:
I can't disagree with him. That's why I am trying to do it differently... and honestly, I've always said solar cells the way they are being used are not efficient.
#NotOneRedCent

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:32 am

It's not just efficiency. They produce badly formed power that require enormous investment to stabilize. It's not worth it.

If we are talking about a satellite, then solar is great. If you just want to power some light bulbs in a hunting lodge, sure. But you can't do anything serious with that kind of power.

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:35 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:It's not just efficiency. They produce badly formed power that require enormous investment to stabilize. It's not worth it.

If we are talking about a satellite, then solar is great. If you just want to power some light bulbs in a hunting lodge, sure. But you can't do anything serious with that kind of power.
Again, I think you can... people just need to think different on how to use it. It's one of my few projects I'm working on slowly. I'm setting up a small prototype to run a small aeroponics system on. It in theory will produce 6v of electricity 24/7... the cell I'm using is 12x6"... if this works correctly, I won't have to worry about sunlight to run this thing ever again. (or need a battery)
Last edited by The Conservative on Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
#NotOneRedCent

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:35 am

You need to go to college and take the physics courses first. I don't think you understand what I am telling you.

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:39 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:You need to go to college and take the physics courses first. I don't think you understand what I am telling you.
I understand exactly what you are saying, and you need to listen to what I am saying... I'm not using solar cells in a conventional way... not like how everyone else is using them. The way your video shows... I'd need 1/8th the space to do the same thing if it works correctly.
#NotOneRedCent

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:39 am

You still don't understand.