United Airlines beats the shit out of passenger

Speaker to Animals

Re: United Airlines beats the shit out of passenger

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:33 pm

You know, in hindsight, the Car Wash soundtrack is pretty tight.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:42 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:Just stop. They gave us the Beatles and Led Zepplin. This is an embarrassment.
Don't forget that at the same time the Mods were peacocking on their scooters the rockers were listening to the Rolling Stones and riding Vincent black shadows.

For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:06 pm

Why are you rejecting your culture?
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:30 pm

The Rolling Stones is his culture.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:24 am

Okeefenokee wrote:Why are you rejecting your culture?
I'm not. Just the shit bits. This is also part of my culture,
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:33 am

So is this gem:

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:26 am

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/american-ai ... sing-baby/
A dispute between passengers and an American Airlines employee is bringing another black eye to the airline industry, just weeks after a violent confrontation on a United plane went viral.
#NotOneRedCent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:22 pm

Non stop fake news about United's "collapse!" and ceaseless cry whining from the internetz foutrage brigades; United still holding steady at $71, just slightly off its all time historic high. Money talks and bullshit walks, United is a cash cow, they could shoot a passenger, and they still wouldn't have to worry.

It's tripled your money in five years, almost doubled it since last summer, they could have beat Mr. Miyagi to death with a baseball bat, and United would still be a "buy", Warren Buffet is cashing in, and so could you; cha-ching.
Nec Aspera Terrent

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:39 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:Non stop fake news about United's "collapse!" and ceaseless cry whining from the internetz foutrage brigades; United still holding steady at $71, just slightly off its all time historic high. Money talks and bullshit walks, United is a cash cow, they could shoot a passenger, and they still wouldn't have to worry.

It's tripled your money in five years, almost doubled it since last summer, they could have beat Mr. Miyagi to death with a baseball bat, and United would still be a "buy", Warren Buffet is cashing in, and so could you; cha-ching.
Stocks don't move on their own anymore. All is subject to the whims of the Fed, and the Royal Twitter Account. Nothing else matters - certainly not earnings.

It will work until it doesn't anymore.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

jbird4049

Post by jbird4049 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:02 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:
jbird4049 wrote:
Okeefenokee wrote:
like i fly
I loathe flying nowadays, but it's the only practical way of getting from one coast to another with an elderly relative. She needs a cane much of the time too, and gets to enjoy our beloved TSA.

Have I mentioned yet how much I loathe, hate, and despise flying? If it were just me, I might say frack it and drive across the entire country.

And to think flying was almost fun once.
My elders don't travel further than the mail box on their own, and only to the store when one of us comes to take them on errands. My dad traveled west of the Mississippi for the first time a few years ago. He won't be doing it again.

I've done the east-west drive about two dozen times now. I can connect just about every gas station along the way with a particular story from one of those drives.

About 80 miles east of here is the gas station where bank of america turned off my card on my first trip out this way. I was driving a uhaul with everything I owned, which wasn't much, and towing my car. On the phone, BOA said they wouldn't turn my card back on, but would mail me a new one. Needless to say, on the side of the road it didn't do me any good, so I dropped the car off the trailer, drove into El Paso, withdrew all my cash, and headed back for the uhaul. Then I drove back through El Paso for the second time on my way to Fort Irwin.

A year later I discovered HH on lovely night in the desert in December in a track with no heat.

A month later I drove back through El Paso for the third time on my way back to Georgia. Those drives always sucked because uhauls have no audio options other than radio, but on that morning, having been on the road for about twelve hours, I heard this song for the first time,

Barreling down the 10 in a much larger uhaul, I had already started to accumulate shit, I was weaving lane to lane with the pedal on the floor, listening to a killer tune for the first time, with another 24 hours of driving to go.
BOA screwing you is no surprise. They're been getting more incompetent and crooked since the 80s at least. WTF was their reason for cutting your card?
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.