THE AMERICAN PEOPLE DON'T GIVE A FUCK!!!

Speaker to Animals

Re: THE AMERICAN PEOPLE DON'T GIVE A FUCK!!!

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue May 09, 2017 6:50 am

Fife wrote:It's a mystery.

:think:

Murder Isn't a Nationwide Problem

The vast majority of murders in the United States occur in just a tiny percentage of counties. In fact, the country can be divided up into three types of places: those where there are no murders; those where there are a few murders; and those where murders are very common.

In 2014, the most recent year that a county level breakdown is available, 54 percent of counties (with 11 percent of the population) had no murders. 69 percent of counties had no more than one murder, and about 20 percent of the population and only 4 percent of all murders in the country.

The worst 1 percent of counties have 19 percent of the population and 37 percent of the murders in 2014. The worst 2 percent of counties contain 47 percent of the population and accounted for 51 percent of the murders. 68 percent of the murders occurred in only 5 percent of counties.

How puzzling.

It's almost as if this is a problem of democrats killing other democrats...

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Tue May 09, 2017 6:53 am

Fife wrote:It's a mystery.

:think:

Murder Isn't a Nationwide Problem

The vast majority of murders in the United States occur in just a tiny percentage of counties. In fact, the country can be divided up into three types of places: those where there are no murders; those where there are a few murders; and those where murders are very common.

In 2014, the most recent year that a county level breakdown is available, 54 percent of counties (with 11 percent of the population) had no murders. 69 percent of counties had no more than one murder, and about 20 percent of the population and only 4 percent of all murders in the country.

The worst 1 percent of counties have 19 percent of the population and 37 percent of the murders in 2014. The worst 2 percent of counties contain 47 percent of the population and accounted for 51 percent of the murders. 68 percent of the murders occurred in only 5 percent of counties.

Well the ones in DC are obviously Clinton fallouts... otherwise DC with it's gun free zones are safe right?
#NotOneRedCent

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue May 09, 2017 7:22 am

Maybe they are all fascists and misogynists.

Alexander PhiAlipson

Post by Alexander PhiAlipson » Tue May 09, 2017 7:24 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:It's almost as if this is a problem of democrats killing other democrats...
Which really isn't a problem, for democrats, since whether they're dead, in jail, or ex-cons, they'll still vote reliably democrat. :doh:
"She had yellow hair and she walked funny and she made a noise like... O my God, please don't kill me! "

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Tue May 09, 2017 7:26 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:Maybe they are all fascists and misogynists.
Well that makes sense, fascists are anti-gun for all except themselves. As for misogynists, I still say Clinton Fallouts... cause who could like that woman.
#NotOneRedCent

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Tue May 09, 2017 7:26 am

Alexander PhiAlipson wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:It's almost as if this is a problem of democrats killing other democrats...
Which really isn't a problem, for democrats, since whether they're dead, in jail, or ex-cons, they'll still vote reliably democrat. :doh:

Can thank LBJ for that.
#NotOneRedCent

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Tue May 09, 2017 7:27 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:Know what? I'm feeling generous this morning. Let's give Okee the absurd benefit of doubt that he's talking about incidental shootings - crossfire from other incidents.

If those are not counted as separate crimes, then yes, the risk is greater to civilians in a given area with the same crime rate, and higher population density.
But there shouldn't be any shootings because the cities have gun laws and you love those. So what's the deal with all the shootings?

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Thu May 11, 2017 5:41 am

I still can't get over Okee's "bears in the cafeteria" analogy, that's right up there.

BTW, if the per capita bear mauling was 5 inside the cafeteria, and the same 10 miles away, that means the bears were going outside for a little snack, but both places are equally dangerous, that's what "per capita" means.

p.s. There you are sleeping in your bug-out cave when BAM-O, a bear with chocolate pudding still on its lips, pounces and uses your skin for a rug over the cafeteria fireplace, then I want to hear you denying that per capita ain't the same...
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu May 11, 2017 6:19 am

Martin Hash wrote:I still can't get over Okee's "bears in the cafeteria" analogy, that's right up there.

BTW, if the per capita bear mauling was 5 inside the cafeteria, and the same 10 miles away, that means the bears were going outside for a little snack, but both places are equally dangerous, that's what "per capita" means.

p.s. There you are sleeping in your bug-out cave when BAM-O, a bear with chocolate pudding still on its lips, pounces and uses your skin for a rug over the cafeteria fireplace, then I want to hear you denying that per capita ain't the same...
I know you know better than this.

The only way for per capita to be the best metric for risk is if murder was a random event. If murder were random, then population density would be the sole scaling factor in risk of being murdered.

But it's not that way. Some small town woman can murder her husband for insurance money and elevate the area's per capita murder rate to on par with Chicago's inner cities. But that's ridiculous to then argue the risk is equivalent.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Thu May 11, 2017 6:39 am

WTF? R we still here? Didn't I make this discussion ridiculous enough already?

p.s. Frankly, I'd rather be shot than have the Ol' Lady off me.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change