Explosion in St. Petersburg Metro

ssu

Re: Explosion in St. Petersburg Metro

Post by ssu » Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:21 pm

jbird4049 wrote:Last I heard there wasn't anything left of Chechnya. They did to it what they tried to do in Afghanistan, and what we did half-ass job of in Vietnam. Declare almost everything outside of small "pacified" areas free fire zones and kill everything.
Long time since you heard something then.

Well, Russians rebuilt Grozny and put Ramzan Kadyrov in charge, a son of Chechen leader that prior had fought the Russians. Built even a Mosque in the city centre. Kadyrov rules Chechnya as his own fiefdom and it's rather peaceful. Don't ask what the human rights situation is, but the fighting has stopped. I assume the Chechens choose Kadyrov's rule than the continuation of a war with Russians.

Russian clear-hold-build strategy. Rebuilt Grozny:

Kadyrov and his officers:

Of course there are still some Chechens fighters especially places like Syria, but they are few. The real insurgency has been over for years now.

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:17 am

Why are we discussing Chechnya? The bomber was Akbarjon Djalilov, a 22 yo from Kyrgyzstan, according to AP.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/E/ ... NTRAL_ASIA

The two aren't even close.

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:59 am

Because I've never heard of krygsovk

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:54 am

TheReal_ND wrote:Because I've never heard of krygsovk
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kyrgyzstan

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:56 am

This is holy ground, highlander!

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:08 am

TheReal_ND wrote:I always think of the one but apparently this goes back centuries :?
Yeah it does, thanks for making me feel old :P
#NotOneRedCent

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:57 am

Hastur wrote:Why are we discussing Chechnya?
Ssu is walking through his thirty seven point explanation that connects the bomber to Trump through Chechnya and a stiff wind out of Howard Stern's asshole. Try to keep up.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

jbird4049

Post by jbird4049 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:14 pm

ssu wrote:
jbird4049 wrote:Last I heard there wasn't anything left of Chechnya. They did to it what they tried to do in Afghanistan, and what we did half-ass job of in Vietnam. Declare almost everything outside of small "pacified" areas free fire zones and kill everything.
Long time since you heard something then.

Well, Russians rebuilt Grozny and put Ramzan Kadyrov in charge, a son of Chechen leader that prior had fought the Russians. Built even a Mosque in the city centre. Kadyrov rules Chechnya as his own fiefdom and it's rather peaceful. Don't ask what the human rights situation is, but the fighting has stopped. I assume the Chechens choose Kadyrov's rule than the continuation of a war with Russians.

Russian clear-hold-build strategy. Rebuilt Grozny:

Kadyrov and his officers:

Of course there are still some Chechens fighters especially places like Syria, but they are few. The real insurgency has been over for years now.
A mosques? That is good. It's looks like the Russians did the "build" part right. That's good as it gives the Chechens a reason not to fight. I imagine that everybody got sick of the perpetual fighting, and the rebuilding gave the survivors a good reason to stop.
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:17 pm

jbird4049

Post by jbird4049 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:18 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:I always think of the one but apparently this goes back centuries :?
Unlike America, some nations have loooooong memories. For some New England creation was last week, and the American Civil War was yesterday. :shock:
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.