H1B Visa Program Declared Unconstitutional

Speaker to Animals

Re: H1B Visa Program Declared Unconstitutional

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:28 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:I was never a fan of H1B, nor did I defend it anywhere... But I see that my popularity has reached a point where I'm now summoned to any thread, on any topic.. 8-)
I'm truly shocked that the guy that defends cheap immigrant labor because it gives him cheap apples has a different opinion when they're gunning for his job.
I was thinking the same thing. :lol:

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:09 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Okeefenokee wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:I was never a fan of H1B, nor did I defend it anywhere... But I see that my popularity has reached a point where I'm now summoned to any thread, on any topic.. 8-)
I'm truly shocked that the guy that defends cheap immigrant labor because it gives him cheap apples has a different opinion when they're gunning for his job.
I was thinking the same thing. :lol:
Valid point. But it's different to me because those actually are jobs that Americans want and can do, unlike field labor. Also, a high wage in tech will not lead to a shortage of cheap food.

You can ask the western farmers about that one. Reports are still coming in of unfilled openings and fallow fields.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:23 pm

No, those are jobs you want to do. If they could totally flood the labor market with H1B visas, the salary would be so low that, like farm workers who no longer want to work in the agriculture industry for shit wages, you wouldn't want to work in the tech industry either.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:42 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:No, those are jobs you want to do. If they could totally flood the labor market with H1B visas, the salary would be so low that, like farm workers who no longer want to work in the agriculture industry for shit wages, you wouldn't want to work in the tech industry either.
I've already got a job, and just interviewed for what might be my dream job. I'm not worried about H1B impacting me personally.
It's already pretty evident that you simply can't live in this country on minimum wage, and that field labor will never pay more than that. You have a willing and able workforce dying to get here to fill that role, so I say go for it. But there is NO shortage of tech workers here.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:44 pm

:lol:

You have a nice little alternate reality there.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:44 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:No, those are jobs you want to do. If they could totally flood the labor market with H1B visas, the salary would be so low that, like farm workers who no longer want to work in the agriculture industry for shit wages, you wouldn't want to work in the tech industry either.
I've already got a job, and just interviewed for what might be my dream job. I'm not worried about H1B impacting me personally.
It's already pretty evident that you simply can't live in this country on minimum wage, and that field labor will never pay more than that. You have a willing and able workforce dying to get here to fill that role, so I say go for it. But there is NO shortage of tech workers here.

Uh... field labor can pay more than minimum wage right now, dude. It's actually not that bad.

But you can make more money doing other shit, including just filing for disability. Without the illegals, the wages would go back up and Americans would go back to doing that.

If tech companies had their way, you'd be dealing with the exact same thing in the tech industry. The only place you'd be safe is in defense and intelligence contracting, and you wouldn't pass the SCI investigation with your ISIS nonsense.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:47 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:The only place you'd be safe is in defense and intelligence contracting, and you wouldn't pass the SCI investigation with your ISIS nonsense.
We'll find out soon. :twisted:

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:47 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:The only place you'd be safe is in defense and intelligence contracting, and you wouldn't pass the SCI investigation with your ISIS nonsense.

LOL

Good luck. It takes a while. You'll be spending a lot of time in the forum outside the vault.

Have fun with the polygraph test!!

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:50 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:

LOL

Good luck. It takes a while. You'll be spending a lot of time in the forum outside the vault.

Not actually worried about it, but we'll see. I don't have anything to hide, other than some intense views on economics and politics.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:52 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:

LOL

Not actually worried about it, but we'll see. I don't have anything to hide, other than some intense views on economics and politics.

Honestly, they don't give a shit about that unless you are into some really subversive stuff. The key point is that you cannot lie to them ever. They can deal with a lot, but lying is not one of those things.