The Property Clause and Its Discontents: Lessons from the Malheur Occupation

Okeefenokee

Re: The Property Clause and Its Discontents: Lessons from the Malheur Occupation

Post by Okeefenokee » Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:21 pm

C-Mag wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
C-Mag wrote:

I've been a real broken record on rebuilding N'leans. Sometimes I even annoy myself. :lol:

I wonder if the option was ever seriously discussed. Politically, W couldn't have done it because such a stupid shit storm was created out of him flying over. The news never discussed it, Greenies just shut their pie hole. We spend a ton restoring a city, when we should have been restoring wetlands.
Couldn't agree more. When I think about the amount of work and money going into clearing, gutting, cleaning, and restoring all of those friggin' houses, it boggles the mind.
Yep, and it's going to happen again. We will get another Class 5 hitting it again, might be in 18 months, and it might be in the next 180 years, but it will happen and those low lying areas will be flooded again.
The music industry won't let that happen. Too much money has been made on the, "queen from new orleans."

GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

jbird4049

Re: The Property Clause and Its Discontents: Lessons from the Malheur Occupation

Post by jbird4049 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:59 pm

C-Mag wrote:
jbird4049 wrote:
C-Mag wrote:
Wildlife comes back quickly when given a chance. We should have Wolves in New England, you can't tell me it wouldn't help trim the deer populations.

I like deer, but they can turn into hoofed locusts easily. As much as I would worry for my pets as we already have coyotes that like them foodwise, a few wolves would help with the deer nicely. But coyotes already make Californians nuts, as sometimes mountain lions do too. Not bobcats, or bears although I've never see bears outside the mountains.

If we added wolves, it would be an experiment in fear control. I just wonder how New Englanders would do compared to Californians.
California has Wolves as of 2016 I believe. They were spotted in the Quincy-Alturas area. They will continue to spread.

I don't know about New Englanders, Elk have been successfully reintroduced to PA. Really need to get some Woodland Buffalo going, Buffalo, NY's namesake due to the massive natural salt lick the buffalo frequented in the area.
Do you know of any attempts at reintroducing predators back East? I'll have to read up on those wolves. Now if we could bring back grizzlies...:-)
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.