The Property Clause and Its Discontents: Lessons from the Malheur Occupation

C-Mag

Re: The Property Clause and Its Discontents: Lessons from the Malheur Occupation

Post by C-Mag » Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:19 pm

jbird4049 wrote:
C-Mag wrote:
Wildlife comes back quickly when given a chance. We should have Wolves in New England, you can't tell me it wouldn't help trim the deer populations.

I like deer, but they can turn into hoofed locusts easily. As much as I would worry for my pets as we already have coyotes that like them foodwise, a few wolves would help with the deer nicely. But coyotes already make Californians nuts, as sometimes mountain lions do too. Not bobcats, or bears although I've never see bears outside the mountains.

If we added wolves, it would be an experiment in fear control. I just wonder how New Englanders would do compared to Californians.
California has Wolves as of 2016 I believe. They were spotted in the Quincy-Alturas area. They will continue to spread.

I don't know about New Englanders, Elk have been successfully reintroduced to PA. Really need to get some Woodland Buffalo going, Buffalo, NY's namesake due to the massive natural salt lick the buffalo frequented in the area.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

C-Mag

Re: The Property Clause and Its Discontents: Lessons from the Malheur Occupation

Post by C-Mag » Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:27 pm

Okeefenokee wrote: Maine,
Vermont,
New Hampshire,
Pennsylvania,
New York,
Connecticut,
Those New England states average around 7% of their land mass in Federal ownership, around 50% of the Western states are in Federal hands. Federal agents have an overbearing presence per captita in these states. This is part of the great resentment from rural people in Western States.
PLATA O PLOMO

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:07 am

C-Mag wrote:
Okeefenokee wrote: Maine,
Vermont,
New Hampshire,
Pennsylvania,
New York,
Connecticut,
Those New England states average around 7% of their land mass in Federal ownership, around 50% of the Western states are in Federal hands. Federal agents have an overbearing presence per captita in these states. This is part of the great resentment from rural people in Western States.
Yeah, I noticed the disparity. I was pointing out the BS of GCF's statement that the outcome of state ownership was that all of NE was a parking lot.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:21 am

The states with high government BLM ownership are such that the state would not be habitable without some kind of centralization of management of those lands.

Some people I don't think have spent much time on lands like that. There is nothing there. Quite a lot of it is arid. If we let anybody do whatever they want on the land, it would quickly spoil and nobody would benefit from it.

If you look at the map that was presented, you will see states that were well within the frontier during the expansion that have low BLM percentages. The Dakotas and Nebraska, for example. Those areas are not so dry. Nebraska is quite fertile.

Stop acting like this is some shit that "just happened" is not fair.

Fife

Post by Fife » Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:32 am

Speaker to Animals wrote: Nebraska is quite fertile.
Apropos of nothing in particular, I have to point out that I got quite a laff from you this morning. For some reason I can't pinpoint, I always read your stuff as if Peter Sellers is acting it out.

:goteam: :drunk:

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:46 am

C-Mag wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
C-Mag wrote:
So, if you are a citizen of the West, you are relegated to turning down sheets and flipping burgers for wealthy urbanites on vacation ?
Because that is exactly what is happening.

You tell me why the government should not balance the percentage of land owned in the states, buy up land in New England and restore the land? It's better ecologically to have a balance from sea to sea, rather than just a corridor along the Rocky Mountains.
Because you can't just bulldoze a strip mall and wait for wolves to show up. That shit would cost a hell of a lot more than the dumbass border wall.
Start in Detroit and the Rust Belt. The Southside of Chicago isn't doing us much good. Not that many people there are property owners, lots of slum lords. Get rid of them.

Wildlife comes back quickly when given a chance. We should have Wolves in New England, you can't tell me it wouldn't help trim the deer populations.
We should have done it in Nawlins, but for some reason, we have to keep rebuilding shit. I see approximately 0 chance of this happening. I'm not against it, I just don't comprehend how it would ever take place.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:18 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:The states with high government BLM ownership are such that the state would not be habitable without some kind of centralization of management of those lands.

Some people I don't think have spent much time on lands like that. There is nothing there. Quite a lot of it is arid. If we let anybody do whatever they want on the land, it would quickly spoil and nobody would benefit from it.

If you look at the map that was presented, you will see states that were well within the frontier during the expansion that have low BLM percentages. The Dakotas and Nebraska, for example. Those areas are not so dry. Nebraska is quite fertile.

Stop acting like this is some shit that "just happened" is not fair.
Rainfall and farm productivity are completely irrelevant. Don't move the goal posts like some Lefty. This is about the historical legal facts. The Western States are completely right to ask for these lands to be handed over.

Just because you don't grow any vegetables on your front lawn doesn't mean the Federal government should own it and dictate the management of that land.
PLATA O PLOMO

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:22 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
We should have done it in Nawlins, but for some reason, we have to keep rebuilding shit. I see approximately 0 chance of this happening. I'm not against it, I just don't comprehend how it would ever take place.

I've been a real broken record on rebuilding N'leans. Sometimes I even annoy myself. :lol:

I wonder if the option was ever seriously discussed. Politically, W couldn't have done it because such a stupid shit storm was created out of him flying over. The news never discussed it, Greenies just shut their pie hole. We spend a ton restoring a city, when we should have been restoring wetlands.
PLATA O PLOMO

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:27 am

C-Mag wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:

I've been a real broken record on rebuilding N'leans. Sometimes I even annoy myself. :lol:

I wonder if the option was ever seriously discussed. Politically, W couldn't have done it because such a stupid shit storm was created out of him flying over. The news never discussed it, Greenies just shut their pie hole. We spend a ton restoring a city, when we should have been restoring wetlands.
Couldn't agree more. When I think about the amount of work and money going into clearing, gutting, cleaning, and restoring all of those friggin' houses, it boggles the mind.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:20 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
C-Mag wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:

Couldn't agree more. When I think about the amount of work and money going into clearing, gutting, cleaning, and restoring all of those friggin' houses, it boggles the mind.
Yep, and it's going to happen again. We will get another Class 5 hitting it again, might be in 18 months, and it might be in the next 180 years, but it will happen and those low lying areas will be flooded again.
PLATA O PLOMO