Guess Just What Happen

The Conservative

Re: Guess Just What Happen

Post by The Conservative » Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:13 pm

Zlaxer wrote:
The Conservative wrote:
Zlaxer wrote:

?

My point was is that there is not such thing as "Internet 2.0".....the OSI model is the best way to visualize the internet, or any communication system.....most of the Internet as you know it runs on the TCP/IP stack.....new protocols come out within the TCP/IP stack...but the Internet remains the same - its just a bunch of networks connected to each other...
Yes, I understand that, but what I am pointing out that as we migrate to the new servers, the older ones may or may not be allowed to play ball... also as I was saying originally the reason for "Internet 2.0" (and if you noticed, I almost always put it in quotations...) is that we were running out of IP addresses... or would be by a set time. It wasn't for speed originally, it was more security based and also to expand the ability of adding more people to "Internet 2.0" without worrying about any form of limitation... for the foreseeable future. Speed was a side effect...

This is the reason I was brining it up, not dealing with protocols, etc... but the reasoning behind why it happened in the first place.

You're "Internet 2.0" is IPv6 and has been standard on all NICs and WICs for almost a decade....and we ran out of public class IPv4 addresses a while ago.....
Yet most systems out there are still using the IPv4 address system instead of the newer IPv6 system...
#NotOneRedCent

Zlaxer

Post by Zlaxer » Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:14 pm

The Conservative wrote:
Zlaxer wrote:
The Conservative wrote:
Yes, I understand that, but what I am pointing out that as we migrate to the new servers, the older ones may or may not be allowed to play ball... also as I was saying originally the reason for "Internet 2.0" (and if you noticed, I almost always put it in quotations...) is that we were running out of IP addresses... or would be by a set time. It wasn't for speed originally, it was more security based and also to expand the ability of adding more people to "Internet 2.0" without worrying about any form of limitation... for the foreseeable future. Speed was a side effect...

This is the reason I was brining it up, not dealing with protocols, etc... but the reasoning behind why it happened in the first place.

You're "Internet 2.0" is IPv6 and has been standard on all NICs and WICs for almost a decade....and we ran out of public class IPv4 addresses a while ago.....
Yet most systems out there are still using the IPv4 address system instead of the newer IPv6 system...
You do understand that most of those systems are still IPv6 compatible....and are probably being issued IPv6 addresses by their respective DHCP servers.....it's not like they're going to be banned from the net one day......

Zlaxer

Post by Zlaxer » Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:17 pm

What you need to be concerned with is this OS lockout bull shit MS and Apple have begun....although MS is way worse than Apple with how far up the user's ass Win10 sticks the probe...
Last edited by Zlaxer on Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:19 pm

Zlaxer wrote:
The Conservative wrote:
Zlaxer wrote:

You do understand that most of those systems are still IPv6 compatible....and are probably being issued IPv6 addresses by their respective DHCP servers.....it's not like they're going to be banned from the net one day......
Oh i know that, hell they have been compatible for longer than a decade... it also matters on the server, and also the recipient. People have the ability to turn off IPv6 compatibility if they wish. The majority of people don't know about it so they just live life being blissfully ignorant.

I use IPv6 whenever possible, but my ISP doesn't give a damn...
#NotOneRedCent

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:21 pm

Zlaxer wrote:What you need to be concerned with is this OS lockout bull shit MS and Apple have begun....although MS is way worse than Apple with how far up the user's ass Win10 sticks the probe...
Yeah, I just worry that it won't matter either way, as proven so far that with Vault-7, the OS doesn't matter, it's the processor in question that does. AS long as the Government and Intel work together, they can get any info any where any time...

AMD may be getting their 2nd wind if that stays true.
#NotOneRedCent

Zlaxer

Post by Zlaxer » Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:23 pm

No - I'm referring to the fact that Apple and MS are contracting with hardware manufactures so that mainstream personal systems can only run their OS....

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:35 pm

Zlaxer wrote:What you need to be concerned with is this OS lockout bull shit MS and Apple have begun....although MS is way worse than Apple with how far up the user's ass Win10 sticks the probe...
Yeah, apparently it doesn't matter much anymore WHAT I try to change in my power or other OS settings on Win 10. They dgaf what you want.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:38 pm

Win 10 kind of sucks. I am thinking about just moving back to a linux distro.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:40 pm

I stayed with 7.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:42 pm

Zlaxer wrote:No - I'm referring to the fact that Apple and MS are contracting with hardware manufactures so that mainstream personal systems can only run their OS....
Oh, I know what you are talking about, but none of that really matters per say... they can do it all they want, people will always find a way around it.
#NotOneRedCent