Guess Just What Happen

Zlaxer

Re: Guess Just What Happen

Post by Zlaxer » Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:46 pm

The Conservative wrote:
Zlaxer wrote:
The Conservative wrote:
Yeah, I knew about it a long time ago, when it was being tested out between educational systems, and the government, back in the late 90's early 00's... I was working on one of the first universities in the East Coast that actually had the infrastructure that could handle the new "Internet 2.0" back then...

You really need to walk away... You also know they are also working on another variant of it to take advantage of IPv6 fully right, and not be "Internet 1.x" backwards compatible. In where we will be allowed to have a "wild west" while the rest of the "civilized" world will be able to access it... It is also a catch 22, in doing so we also sacrifice a lot of our freedoms, but what does that matter... security over freedom as this country has shown is paramount over everything else. :roll:
@TC - I think you may be confusing the TCP/IP stack with "Internet."
Yes and no... you know as well as I do that we are running out of IP addresses right?
Lolz.....what does that have to do with the cat in DB's pants?

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:47 pm

Zlaxer wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:Assembling.

I thought about that - but true compilers have assemblers....JITC is technically going to assembly....

Compiler translates code into assembly language, optimizes it, and passes it along to an assembler.

A lot of consumer and end-user software today is written with languages that run on virtual machines or interpreters because our hardware has become so fast.

But you can get even crazier by building an API in a language like Java (or using one that already exists) that allows you to create your own custom domain-specific language. Then you write your code in your own custom language, and run it through the java layer, which interpets it and carries it out at the virtual machine layer. You might even be able to add in some generative properties like that of Lisp, which allows you to write code that generates code in real-time, allowing you to solve a general class of problems, which works its way down to the virtual machine layer.

Hash was talking about meta in another thread.. For a while I was on a project where I had to write code that generates the release code on the fly. I had thought about automating even that by creating a simple script that allows you to configure the process in a text file, load it, and wait for it to generate your release code in whatever language you want.

Zlaxer

Post by Zlaxer » Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:48 pm

There are other protocols out there besides IP.....IPX for one....Serial RS232 for another...

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:48 pm

Zlaxer wrote:
The Conservative wrote:
Zlaxer wrote:
@TC - I think you may be confusing the TCP/IP stack with "Internet."
Yes and no... you know as well as I do that we are running out of IP addresses right?
Lolz.....what does that have to do with the cat in DB's pants?
The internet is designated as you said by a vast amount of servers, and also if you want to get technical, all computers attached to it correct? As in "The Cloud" is a lie, and that the data is on someone's computer somewhere... correct?
#NotOneRedCent

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:51 pm

Zlaxer wrote:There are other protocols out there besides IP.....IPX for one....Serial RS232 for another...
Depending on the layer...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_Protocol
#NotOneRedCent

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:51 pm

The Conservative wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:
The Conservative wrote:

Then you are daft as you are "educated"... there is a difference between the WWW and the Internet. If you can't figure out the difference, then you probably are either too educated, or truly don't understand the basics of internet & network security... which by the sounds of it, you don't.

Where did I say otherwise? Man you really did ride the short bus..

I actually tried to throw you a life raft earlier, and then you proceeded to insult me, so now I am just dumping on your retarded ass. You are the one who said "internet 2.0". There sort of is such a thing, but I doubt you knew that.
Yeah, I knew about it a long time ago, when it was being tested out between educational systems, and the government, back in the late 90's early 00's... I was working on one of the first universities in the East Coast that actually had the infrastructure that could handle the new "Internet 2.0" back then...

You really need to walk away... You also know they are also working on another variant of it to take advantage of IPv6 fully right, and not be "Internet 1.x" backwards compatible. In where we will be allowed to have a "wild west" while the rest of the "civilized" world will be able to access it... It is also a catch 22, in doing so we also sacrifice a lot of our freedoms, but what does that matter... security over freedom as this country has shown is paramount over everything else. :roll:

You are confusing the two network architectures. I don't think it uses IPv6 at all, though I am not sure, and unlike you, I won't frantically search through internet articles to pretend like I do. Dude, I don't care to get into a dick-measuring contest with an IT guy. Go back to your server room. :lol:
Last edited by Speaker to Animals on Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zlaxer

Post by Zlaxer » Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:51 pm

@STA - I've made compilers before....I still find it crazy that most JITC languages can outperform "bare metal" programs, as they're called these days....lolz...cool buzz word for - runs on machine code...

You know most code monkeys these days can't explain what a pointer is....or what garbage collection is....lolz - those are "advanced topics" in java and .net.

Zlaxer

Post by Zlaxer » Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:53 pm

The Conservative wrote:
Zlaxer wrote:There are other protocols out there besides IP.....IPX for one....Serial RS232 for another...
Depending on the layer...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_Protocol
:FACEPALM: dude....those are layer 2 protocols ...well expect for Serial RS232....the next layer down, layer 1, would be ethernet....

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:54 pm

Zlaxer wrote:@STA - I've made compilers before....I still find it crazy that most JITC languages can outperform "bare metal" programs, as they're called these days....lolz...cool buzz word for - runs on machine code...

You know most code monkeys these days can't explain what a pointer is....or what garbage collection is....lolz - those are "advanced topics" in java and .net.

We had to make compilers in grad school.
Made my own language for it.

In the future, I don't think most people will need to understand a lot of this stuff. It will be done for them in a CASE tool. They will have to understand it no more than a clerical worker needs to understand how to program a word processor. More important topics for them will be UML, design patterns, and basic software engineering principles.

The actual engineering jobs will be very few, and they will be extremely high-level jobs, focusing heavily on AI and theoretical CS.

Zlaxer

Post by Zlaxer » Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:55 pm

@TC - you are confusing the TCP/IP stack with the term "Internet".