Deportations

Haumana

Deportations

Post by Haumana » Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:26 pm

Since Twain is on my brain tonight. Let's apply a little logic from The War Prayer towards illegal immigrants.
So is this a country of laws? Do you support the idea of countries and borders?

I have heard a lot of the opposition talking about the deportations in regards to the need for cheap labor for corporations and contractors. Isn't this really just advocating a form of indentured servitude? A class that has no real legal rights, because they aren't even supposed to be here, so they are easily manipulated/forced to comply with whatever demands are placed upon them with fear of experiencing the full weight of the state. "Oh no, your produce and homes are going to cost more because this illegal exploitation is going to be eliminated." Maybe that is the real cost to enjoy those fruits and vegetables. Subjugating other humans is A-OK if I can get a cheaper basket of strawberries...

How about the person who rolled the dice, took a risk, broke the law, and came here illegally then had kids who we call citizens? Are we supposed to not even consider the fact that they broke the law initially? I have hard about breaking up families but how does that not equally apply to other law breakers? A person commits a robbery and is sentenced to prison, is his family no less broken up? Not to mention other incidents where the crime was only being in possession of a consciousness-altering substance.

I lived in San Diego and have seen the cardboard hovels that these people live in. I understand the desire for a better life and the drive to come here to realize that dream. There is the slow but assured way to become a full member of this society and there is the quick and risky one.*shrug Good luck to the both of them but I am struggling to get outraged about those that tried to circumvent the rules and are now having their markers called in. Empathy, yeah. Outrage, fresh out.

The Conservative

Re: Deportations

Post by The Conservative » Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:58 am

Good for you, I have plenty... I work in a field and have worked in fields in where illegals are all part of a larger problem. They aren't taking jobs people don't want, they are taking jobs period.

I used to get gas a place when I drove people around to their medical appointments, the guy who pumped my gas said he was here illegally to me and was proud of it. I worked in HVAC as well, same, construction, ditto. The kitchen scene, forget it... the cleaning staff was almost always illegals...and sometimes higher positions too.

The problem is not that people don't want to the jobs, they are told they are better than the jobs that are being offered to them. People don't want to start at the lower levels, they think because they are educated they can start somewhere in the middle. Just because you know how to cook bacon, doesn't mean you start off being a prep cook, you start off as a dishwasher, and work your way up... I worked my way up to being Sous Chef, after being in a place for a few years. You don't start off as a Jr. Admin of an entire system, you start off as a tech and work your way up... that's the problem of today's youth, they don't want to do that.People want to be the farmer and not the workers under him/her. They want to run the vineyard instead of being a vine-monkey first.

We have brainwashed our youth to think they can be anything without sacrificing to get there first. So instead of removing that indoctrination, they hire people who have no inclination in many cases of where they are meant to start. Of course, we are also ignoring those who overstay their visas... that's an entirely different kettle of fish.

I am so tired of people feeling sympathy for these people... jobs I used to do when I was just starting out are no longer available for my son when he gets old enough.

Fuck those who broke the law to get into this country illegally. Coming to this country to be part of it isn't a right, it's a privilege.
#NotOneRedCent