Couple 'detained in UAE for sex outside marriage'

doc_loliday

Re: Couple 'detained in UAE for sex outside marriage'

Post by doc_loliday » Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:16 am

I think what makes Islam shitty is what keeps it intact though.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:19 am

doc_loliday wrote:
TheReal_ND wrote:You're probably not talking to me because I didn't say any of that in this thread. However, there are many different types of Chinese people just like there are many different types of Europeans. An Irish Catholic is no more a Taoist than a Vietnamese Buddhist is a Presbyterian.

Nah, I just saw Bjorn's points being sidestepped. I just want to see them addressed. Even if there is a small Muslim non-terrorist minority, it still disproves the single culture claim. When you're talking about billions, a "small minority" is an enormous amount of people.

Religion affects culture, but there's no Christendom. Mormons, for example, have their own unique culture, that's for sure.
Middle easterners are neither a monolithic culture or even ethnicity. Perhaps especially the ladder.

Cultures effected by Islam are still fairly alien to any culture effected by Christianity. I mean, I won't even get into who's right or wrong because at least Muslims throw fags off roof tops, crush women with stones, and lash adulterers. I mean maybe they are right. Idk...

doc_loliday

Post by doc_loliday » Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:22 am

Well, it could be a very interesting 100 years. DSL wants a civil war already because he finds the situation intolerable. Makes me wonder how many people are over this multiculture experiment.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:24 am

Mmm. We will find out how it goes with Le Pen and Geert. Italy has had it up to here and are already physically removing Africans. I have no clue how their parties work though. They have thirty.

BjornP

Post by BjornP » Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:25 am

Okeefenokee wrote:Islam is it's own culture. Just like Christianity.

Funny that people will ignore the former, while being aware of the latter.
Christianity has cultures, and its many different cultures have produced artifacts, art, music, litterature and architecture, but is not a culture, singular. It is a universalistic religion encompassing all ethnicities and cultures of the world, and Islam shares that same universal aspect (anyone of any ethnicity can become Muslim). Doesn't make either of them a culture, singular. Both universal religions encompass within them a multitude of cultures. Christianity is not practised the same, depicted the same, ritualized the same, believed in in the same way throughout the Christian world.

This also means that a Turkish man is less likely to adhere to the same reading of the Quran as a Saudi man. As the laws of those two countries should indicate. Apostasy is punishable by death in SA, but legal in Turkey (although there are high familial/social ramifications involved for those who do). Same with Eastern European Muslims being different in the degree they want Sharia to be practised.
Fame is not flattery. Respect is not agreement.

doc_loliday

Post by doc_loliday » Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:29 am

I don't have any problems keeping out certain people from certain parts of the world. Trump wants a temporary ban? Makes sense to me. But a key motivating factor in importing Muslims, et al, to the US, for many liberals, is to weaken the power of the right and white people, and to anger said political/racial enemies. They're ready for a civil war too. Although I'm pretty sure they're not going to fight, that doesn't mean they won't make a nuisance of themselves.

BjornP

Post by BjornP » Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:32 am

doc_loliday wrote:I think what makes Islam shitty is what keeps it intact though.
The consequences of apostasy, wether it be death, jail time, or in more modern times amongst the more secular Islamic countries, strong social condemnation, is probably the single greatest tool in the tool kit of Islam. Being thrown in jail, killed, or losing your rights because you want religious freedom is one - admittedly effective - way to maintain religious monopoly.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:38 am

doc_loliday wrote:I don't have any problems keeping out certain people from certain parts of the world. Trump wants a temporary ban? Makes sense to me. But a key motivating factor in importing Muslims, et al, to the US, for many liberals, is to weaken the power of the right and white people, and to anger said political/racial enemies. They're ready for a civil war too. Although I'm pretty sure they're not going to fight, that doesn't mean they won't make a nuisance of themselves.
They already clubbed us over the head. I do NOT mean leftists in general but I do mean the leftist regime since 1965. The damage is done and we are reacting to it. Tbqh to get shit right, and I mean back to a level of homogeny I enjoyed when I was a kid going to grade school... that will take radical action by today's standards. It could be done feasibly within the bounds of our constitution or maybe even reverse the 14th but fuck dude; you saw what happened with Trump's ban. I feel like the tipping point has been met and it's going to take something drastic. At least by the sensibilities we are used to. If not, hello Brazil and thank you boomers.

BjornP

Post by BjornP » Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:40 am

TheReal_ND wrote:
Okeefenokee wrote:
:lol:

The absolute idiocy in the idea that there is no such thing as Islamic culture.

:lol:

That's fucking rich.
I honestly cry a little on the inside knowing that we are the only peoples that have given up so much of our identity. What made us. We gave it away freely. No Jews required....
Well tbf, there was this one Jew once, a long time ago in Bethlehem who ended up creating a religion that would change the identity of all of the European peoples quite profoundly. So.... Jews sorta destroyed our identity way back when one of their guys convinced us of the silly notion that there was only one god, and that you should really spell him with a capital letter. :P

doc_loliday

Post by doc_loliday » Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:47 am

They had it coming. They have been scurrilously maligning their political opponents for decades. The counter revolution is definitely a message that America does not want to go in the direction the left imagines it going. Sure, Trump didn't win a huge popular vote, but the people that stayed home that would have normally voted democrat expressed their discontent as well.

While its nice to have the pendulum swing back, the problem is it never swings all the way back. Its two steps forward, one step back. This goes for more than just left right social issues. Our culture is becoming less free, less liberty loving, less driven, and more angry... It's all really damaging and I'm not sure what is going to happen. With any luck, at the very least we'll have a detente.