Vault 7 - Happening

kybkh

Vault 7 - Happening

Post by kybkh » Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:54 pm

ENCRYPTED RELEASE
Use a 'torrent' downloader on: file.wikileaks.org/torrent/WikiLe…
And '7z' to decrypt.
Passphrase will be made public at Tue 9am ET.

Commentary welcome...
“I've got a phone that allows me to convene Americans from every walk of life, nonprofits, businesses, the private sector, universities to try to bring more and more Americans together around what I think is a unifying theme..." - Obama

SuburbanFarmer

Re: Vault 7 - Happening

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:04 pm

LOLWUT
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Lucky1936

Post by Lucky1936 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:05 pm

What's this all about? Is this a Wikileaks thing?
Wow, look at all the smilies!!

pineapplemike

Post by pineapplemike » Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:13 pm

yeah wikileaks https://twitter.com/wikileaks

speaking of wikileaks
Ecuador's presidential election could have big consequences for the fate of Wikileaks’ Julian Assange
http://www.businessinsider.com/ecuador- ... lum-2017-3

There is less than a month to go before the second round of Ecuador's presidential election, the outcome of which could end Julian Assange's nearly five-year stay in the country's London embassy. The April 2 runoff election pits Lenin Moreno, successor to current left-wing President Rafael Correa, against Guillermo Lasso, the right-wing opposition candidate.

The Correa government has hosted Assange in a converted-office apartment in the embassy since June 19, 2012, when he fled bail and requested asylum in Ecuador to avoid extradition to Sweden, which has called for his return in relation to sexual-misconduct allegations.

But Assange's accommodation may come to an end if Lasso assumes Ecuador's highest office.

"The Ecuadorian people have been paying a cost that we should not have to bear," Lasso told The Guardian during an interview in February. "We will cordially ask Señor Assange to leave within 30 days of assuming a mandate."

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:38 pm

Guess we'll know in the morning. Night then.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

jbird4049

Post by jbird4049 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:31 am

Cool! It's always amusing to hear the shrieking whenever they release some juicy tidbits. :D :dance:
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:48 am

No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

kybkh

Post by kybkh » Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:24 am

Today, Tuesday 7 March 2017, WikiLeaks begins its new series of leaks on the U.S. Central Intelligence Agency. Code-named "Vault 7" by WikiLeaks, it is the largest ever publication of confidential documents on the agency.

The first full part of the series, "Year Zero", comprises 8,761 documents and files from an isolated, high-security network situated inside the CIA's Center for Cyber Intelligence in Langley, Virgina.

https://wikileaks.org/ciav7p1/
“I've got a phone that allows me to convene Americans from every walk of life, nonprofits, businesses, the private sector, universities to try to bring more and more Americans together around what I think is a unifying theme..." - Obama

kybkh

Post by kybkh » Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:28 am

Wiki pages
"Year Zero" contains 7818 web pages with 943 attachments from the internal development groupware. The software used for this purpose is called Confluence, a proprietary software from Atlassian. Webpages in this system (like in Wikipedia) have a version history that can provide interesting insights on how a document evolved over time; the 7818 documents include these page histories for 1136 latest versions.

The order of named pages within each level is determined by date (oldest first). Page content is not present if it was originally dynamically created by the Confluence software (as indicated on the re-constructed page).

What time period is covered?
The years 2013 to 2016. The sort order of the pages within each level is determined by date (oldest first).

WikiLeaks has obtained the CIA's creation/last modification date for each page but these do not yet appear for technical reasons. Usually the date can be discerned or approximated from the content and the page order. If it is critical to know the exact time/date contact WikiLeaks.

What is "Vault 7"
"Vault 7" is a substantial collection of material about CIA activities obtained by WikiLeaks.

When was each part of "Vault 7" obtained?
Part one was obtained recently and covers through 2016. Details on the other parts will be available at the time of publication.

Is each part of "Vault 7" from a different source?
Details on the other parts will be available at the time of publication.

What is the total size of "Vault 7"?
The series is the largest intelligence publication in history.

How did WikiLeaks obtain each part of "Vault 7"?
Sources trust WikiLeaks to not reveal information that might help identify them.

Isn't WikiLeaks worried that the CIA will act against its staff to stop the series?
No. That would be certainly counter-productive.

Has WikiLeaks already 'mined' all the best stories?
No. WikiLeaks has intentionally not written up hundreds of impactful stories to encourage others to find them and so create expertise in the area for subsequent parts in the series. They're there. Look. Those who demonstrate journalistic excellence may be considered for early access to future parts.

Won't other journalists find all the best stories before me?
Unlikely. There are very considerably more stories than there are journalists or academics who are in a position to write them.

Dand

Post by Dand » Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:09 am

Early points:

- The CIA can take remotely take control of electronic systems in cars. (RIP Michael Hastings, maybe)

-All Android phones, iPhones, and Samsung televisions are compromised

-The CIA has a collection of hacking tools that can be used to frame other governments for hacking.

-The CIA has a collection of Zero Day exploits that it has kept private to make its own hacking easier. Part of the NSA's job is to notify American companies when they find these exploits in order to protect ourselves from foreign intrustion. Rather than make us more secure the CIA chose to make their job (and every hackers job) easier against Americans.

-The consulate in Frankfurt is a cover for hacking in Europe. CIA agents have gone there under the cover of being technicians.

-Their collection of malware and viruses has been leaked