Another Reason the Wall is Dumb

Fife

Another Reason the Wall is Dumb

Post by Fife » Sun Mar 05, 2017 4:27 pm

Get in here Kelo lovers. Tell us how building the Wall is just like shitting out a few new carriers for our (gasp) depleted fleet.

"If you will the wall, Dude, it is no dream."

Potential pitfalls of building Trump’s Great Wall of eminent domain

Other recent polls reach similar results, such as a Pew Research survey that found 62 percent in opposition to the wall. When and if the takings start, and media attention focuses on victims with sympathetic stories like those of the property owners in the Kelo case, opposition might rise still further.

Dumbest government boondoggle project in history.

Martin Hash

Re: Another Reason the Wall is Dumb

Post by Martin Hash » Sun Mar 05, 2017 4:35 pm

A man got elected president promising to "build a wall." You can tell 80 million people to go fuck themselves or build a wall. If you hated the wall so much, you should have voted for Hillary.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sun Mar 05, 2017 4:37 pm

As opposed to lettIng millions of illegals flood our cities? K...

Fife

Post by Fife » Sun Mar 05, 2017 4:37 pm

Martin Hash wrote:A man got elected president promising to "build a wall." You can tell 80 million people to go fuck themselves or build a wall. If you hated the wall so much, you should have voted for Hillary.

Ha ha. No thanks.

Have your wall; have the bill.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Sun Mar 05, 2017 4:40 pm

I'm not a Military Buildup guy either, I'm just going with the flow. I picked this horse to "win," and I'm riding it.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sun Mar 05, 2017 4:44 pm

Fife wrote:
Martin Hash wrote:A man got elected president promising to "build a wall." You can tell 80 million people to go fuck themselves or build a wall. If you hated the wall so much, you should have voted for Hillary.

Ha ha. No thanks.

How about I send you my Mexicans and force you to work with them for the entirety of your working life instead?

de officiis

Post by de officiis » Sun Mar 05, 2017 4:57 pm

The people who own land on the border suffer property damage when illegals come through, as the GAO report indicates. The same report states that "Threats along the southwest border include illegal border crossers and the smuggling of drugs, firearms, and currency by criminal networks. Along the southwest border, Border Patrol has 9 sectors and 73 stations, and Border Patrol reported that about 79 percent of apprehensions and almost 90 percent of drug seizures in this region occurred in the Laredo, Tucson, and RGV sectors during fiscal year 2013. Additionally, according to Border Patrol data, agents apprehended a total of 821,308 illegal border crossers in these 3 sectors from fiscal years 2011 to 2013, with yearly increases in Laredo and RGV."

So the tradeoff is, receiving far compensation under eminent domain vs. putting up with this sort of thing year after year? Bring on the wall...
Last edited by de officiis on Sun Mar 05, 2017 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fife

Post by Fife » Sun Mar 05, 2017 4:57 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:
Fife wrote:

Ha ha. No thanks.

How about I send you my Mexicans and force you to work with them for the entirety of your working life instead?
We got em here already, bro.

I'm OK with the idea of the wall, if were going to be "paid for by Mexico," don't get me wrong; but it's pure fantasy. The cold hard reality of how fucking expensive, time-consuming, and inefficient it's going to be (in NOT getting built) is going to be quite sobering.

I can solve your Mexico problem without ordering a single brick or wire, or starting up the nightmare of litigating eminent domain with a bunch of Cliven Bundys out in the kitty litter.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Sun Mar 05, 2017 4:58 pm

Fife wrote:I can solve your Mexico problem without ordering a single brick or wire, or starting up the nightmare of litigating eminent domain with a bunch of Cliven Bundys out in the kitty litter.
^^^ quotable

Fife

Post by Fife » Sun Mar 05, 2017 5:02 pm

de officiis wrote:The people who own land on the border suffer property damage when illegals come through, as the GAO report indicates. The same report states that "Threats along the southwest border include illegal border crossers and the smuggling of drugs, firearms, and currency by criminal networks. Along the southwest border, Border Patrol has 9 sectors and 73 stations, and Border Patrol reported that about 79 percent of apprehensions and almost 90 percent of drug seizures in this region occurred in the Laredo, Tucson, and RGV sectors during fiscal year 2013. Additionally, according to Border Patrol data, agents apprehended a total of 821,308 illegal border crossers in these 3 sectors from fiscal years 2011 to 2013, with yearly increases in Laredo and RGV."

So the tradeoff is, receiving far compensation under eminent domain vs. putting up with this sort of thing year after year? Bring on the wall...
"There's no need for a check. You'll be a lot richer after we take this land and the attached rights away from you; aren't you glad we're taking your land?"

There are some appraisers and a whole gaggle of rent-seeking lawyers already getting heady thinking of all the money about to be made along the entire border courtesy of the U.S. taxpayer, and his offspring.