Finish the Narrative One Post At A Time

Martin Hash

Re: Finish the Narrative One Post At A Time

Post by Martin Hash » Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:33 pm

I'll make the observation that the unending screed against Trump has cemented my support for him even though it was pretty weak before. Also, I no longer read anything negative about him. I suspect this has happened to a lot of other people too. Bring on the Civil War, I'm tired of waiting.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

ssu

Post by ssu » Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:21 am

kybkh wrote:If you are like me and believe that the CIA is totally compromised and is not working in our nation's best interest then there could be no greater attribute.

The Color Revolutions and the interventions in MENA which have been promoted by the CIA have been a total waste of resources and a detriment to our nation.
Yet are they really done without the knowledge of the political leadership? If so, please educate me.

If you want to change the way things are done, actions to be more in line with the law and, ending the rampant spying on normal citizens or so on, fine. But is that going to change with a guy that goes on a personal vendetta, that obviously has issues at working with people? No, you would want a guy believes in the same values as you do yet is 100% for the service he will lead. A staffer (or staff officer) implements orders, a national security advisor thinks about what the orders should be in the first place and advises the President. Big difference.

And the CIA, just like the military, aren't totally out of control, meaning they don't at all what the political leadership says (as in Algeria or Pakistan). It's basically the politicians who demand the ugly stuff. But once you push them to do the ugly stuff, then it spreads from there to the excesses. It's the mission creep that is the problem. That's the real problem in the US.

Trump actually acknowledged in one interview very clearly: he was suprised that Mattis was against torture, but if the American people think torture is a good thing, he will be for torture.

So CIA black sites up again, anyone? No?
(REUTERS) The Trump administration has for now backed off a draft executive order that would have called for a review of whether the United States should reopen overseas "black site" prisons, where interrogation techniques often condemned as torture were used, U.S. officials have told Reuters.

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:11 am

It's been everywhere stated as speculation, just start reading papers like the Washington Times and NY Times. They are really good papers and might learn something as well.
So that is all the liberal MsM is good for? Speculation and when evidence of the contrary comes out you ignore it because they do. How do you not live in a bubble again?

Penner

Post by Penner » Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:09 pm

clubgop wrote:
It's been everywhere stated as speculation, just start reading papers like the Washington Times and NY Times. They are really good papers and might learn something as well.
So that is all the liberal MsM is good for? Speculation and when evidence of the contrary comes out you ignore it because they do. How do you not live in a bubble again?
Much better news than places like Breitbart would put out.

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:12 pm

Penner wrote:
clubgop wrote:
Much better news than places like Breitbart would put out.

Says who? A bunch of sheltered liberals? Thats your only comeback? Pretty weak defense of your one and only source of "true news."