Lawyers get in here and discuss New Thing

TheReal_ND

Re: Lawyers get in here and discuss Sessions

Post by TheReal_ND » Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:52 pm

ssu wrote:
de officiis wrote:
JamesK wrote:Honestly, this "RUSSIA!!!!!" shit has become dull as hell. Fake news should at least be entertaining.

And does anyone think for one second that Generation Z/anyone under 30 gives the slightest shit about The Grand Russian Conspiracy? This whole narrative just reeks of sad Boomer tears, desperately trying to hold onto relevancy in a world that has left them behind.

"Little Johnny, what's a me-me?"
Yeah, there's definitely a feel of Jinned-up, Yesteday's News to the whole thing.
As dull as shifting through emails and looking if they were classified or not?

Nope, that was even more dull.
Bullshit! There was some good shit in there. Digging through the archives was a lot of fun.

doc_loliday

Post by doc_loliday » Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:36 pm

de officiis wrote:
JamesK wrote:Honestly, this "RUSSIA!!!!!" shit has become dull as hell. Fake news should at least be entertaining.

And does anyone think for one second that Generation Z/anyone under 30 gives the slightest shit about The Grand Russian Conspiracy? This whole narrative just reeks of sad Boomer tears, desperately trying to hold onto relevancy in a world that has left them behind.

Yeah, there's definitely a feel of Jinned-up, Yesteday's News to the whole thing.

You think there's nothing there?

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:00 pm

doc_loliday wrote:
de officiis wrote:

You think there's nothing there?
For Flynn, maybe a sniffle. For Sessions, no. He has been critical of Russia and receiving and taking meetings with ambassdors as a Senator on that particular committee is common practice. That meeting took place with public knowledge and with 2 US Army Colonels present. Some sinister, top secret shit I am sure. The sharks got some blood with Flynn and are now experiencing a frenzy, let them get no further sniff and they will wear themselves out. Look at polling, the American people are already worn out as it is.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:02 am

Good post, but I'm not so sure....

I'm plenty freaked out by the worlds 2nd largest nuclear stockpile, but I know that most younger kids aren't even aware of it. Tough to make a definitive point on the Russian threat nowadays.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

ssu

Post by ssu » Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:54 am

clubgop wrote:The sharks got some blood with Flynn and are now experiencing a frenzy, let them get no further sniff and they will wear themselves out. Look at polling, the American people are already worn out as it is.
Interest goes with party lines. I assume not many democrat voters were interested in the Benghazi hearings that then turned into email-server probe. How many years did that go on? Likely the Russia-thing will go on in a similar fashion. Seems to have become a standard practice in US politics.

GrumpyCatFace wrote:I'm plenty freaked out by the worlds 2nd largest nuclear stockpile
The US nuclear stockpile makes you nervous?
Relax, Trump won't start using them.

Zapad 17 is going to be interesting though, 1st Guard Tank Army is going to be field tested. That's why the huge buildup has already started, even if the excersize is in the autumn.
Parallel to the recent escalation in Ukraine, the army in Belarus has entered the mobilization of its armed forces and begun to erect fortifications. Additionally, a border zone has been set up with Russia at critical sections. It also has been reported that coordination for the deployment of Russian paratroopers is going on.

As has been stated earlier, Russia is planning to transfer its 1st Guards Tank Army for “field” tests to western Belarus, the official date had been given with September 2017. In regard to recent Russian war tactics it has to be kept in mind that Russian regular units always have been used as back-up forces – after the adversary already had been weakened by “hybrid” forces.

Previous “Zapad”-exercises were directed to Scandinavia, the Baltic states and Poland (see for example here for a discussion of Zapad-2013). Edward Lucas wrote in June 2015: “A snap drill in Kaliningrad in December caught NATO completely by surprise. Much larger exercises inMarch, involving probably 33,000 troops, took place in response to a notional Western attempt to create a ‘Maidan’ uprising in Moscow. The scenario included the speedy seizure of northern Norway,the Åland islands (demilitarized Finnish territory, populated by Swedish-speakers), the Swedish island of Gotland and the Danish island of Bornholm. If carried out successfully, control of those territorieswould make it all but impossible for NATO allies to reinforce the Baltic states.”

Additionally, there has been information on possible “Maidan”-like protests in Minsk.
See Analysts say Russia’s Zapad-17 has started

Well, those are just generals playing their silly wargames. But anyway interesting.

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:44 am

ssu wrote:
clubgop wrote:The sharks got some blood with Flynn and are now experiencing a frenzy, let them get no further sniff and they will wear themselves out. Look at polling, the American people are already worn out as it is.
Interest goes with party lines. I assume not many democrat voters were interested in the Benghazi hearings that then turned into email-server probe. How many years did that go on? Likely the Russia-thing will go on in a similar fashion.
The independents in these polls are much closer to the Republicans then they are Democrats. The elections was 4 months ago and also unlike Benghazi no one died. You forgot the Democrats are in the minority in both Houses, they can't hold hearings, they can't subpoena anybody or anything they have to rely on the MSM and :lol: you see how well that is going.

Furthermore Benghazi and email scandal was a great conduit for all of Hillary's negatives. The lack of transparency, the inability to tell the truth, and disassemble a narrative. It all fit in quite nicely. This Russia thing is just one thing they try to throw up against a wall to see what sticks. It doesnt fit in with anything else.

TheReal_ND

Re: Lawyers get in here and discuss New Thing

Post by TheReal_ND » Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:48 pm

https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-con ... olution/34

What's up with this FCC or FTC bill?

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:52 pm

Bump for knowing.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:56 pm

It's going to be great. We just need to raise enough money and we can find out what anybody has been looking at on the internet. What could possibly go wrong?

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:59 pm

It's a repeal of a bill that looked ok though. There has to be some sort of catch because every single democrat voted no. I don't get it.

I mean ffs Rand cosponsored it! McConnel did too and fwiw he was a tie breaker that voted against the FBI accessing your browser history without warrant :think: