2020 election

Hastur

Re: 2020 election

Post by Hastur » Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:24 am

These are fun. I see them all over. God alternative for a second car.

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:33 am

Divine.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:50 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:30 am
Hastur wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:20 am
As long as the green doomsayers refuse to consider nuclear energy I can't believe they are serious about solving the energy emissions problem. Is there a true crisis or is it just something that gets used to push pet agendas?
There are environmental reasons for opposing nuclear energy. I don't personally support them but they have some validity.

Anything run Soviet style is a bad thing. Does this mean we should tare down all hydroelectric dams?

https://www.ozy.com/flashback/230000-di ... ears/91699

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:59 am

Hastur wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:50 am
Montegriffo wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:30 am
Hastur wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:20 am
As long as the green doomsayers refuse to consider nuclear energy I can't believe they are serious about solving the energy emissions problem. Is there a true crisis or is it just something that gets used to push pet agendas?
There are environmental reasons for opposing nuclear energy. I don't personally support them but they have some validity.

Anything run Soviet style is a bad thing. Does this mean we should tare down all hydroelectric dams?

https://www.ozy.com/flashback/230000-di ... ears/91699
It was just the design, every version of that plant has failed one way or another.

There is a reason you don't see it anymore...

As for the dams, I'd rather see turbines and solar super sites removed, they kill more animals especially flying that it negatively impacts the ecosystem around it.
#NotOneRedCent

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:25 am

Hydroelectric is the most efficient none petrol energy source. So obviously the Greenies hate it.

Lots of damns have been torn down in the USA to save the environment
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:31 am

C-Mag wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:25 am
Hydroelectric is the most efficient none petrol energy source. So obviously the Greenies hate it.

Lots of damns have been torn down in the USA to save the environment
I love hydroelectric, if it's done right it won't harm the environment at all. the big issue today is that we have stalled the way people think of using it with dams, etc... we literally could create energy by using the waves of the ocean, or by the undertow that happens naturally and produce electricity year-round...

If we actually used hydroelectricity instead of solar and wind, we probably would be better off world-wide.
#NotOneRedCent

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:36 am

Absolutely.

No one remembers that between 1900 and 1940, before FDR really started to central plan everything, there was A LOT of small hydro.

Every town with running water was running a turbine. Small hydro is awesome, minimal transmission distance, no large grid outages, just good all around.
PLATA O PLOMO

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:47 am

C-Mag wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:36 am
Absolutely.

No one remembers that between 1900 and 1940, before FDR really started to central plan everything, there was A LOT of small hydro.

Every town with running water was running a turbine. Small hydro is awesome, minimal transmission distance, no large grid outages, just good all around.
It is one of the things I am looking for when I move, if the property is near a river, I am going to be adding hydro to the property. I can't see why not...

Too many people got away from the old systems because the new systems "were more efficient"... if governments and companies stayed out of our way more, we probably would have been better off, and we would have had energy independence, or at least fewer demands from the grid that we do now.
#NotOneRedCent

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:25 am

Almost 20 years ago, while fishing, I stumbled across a small hydro plant built in the early 30s, and still running. It was on an Indian Reservation. They kept it, avoided going fully on the grid and it provides their tribal members with near free energy. I peaked in the window and they had updated a lot of the controls. But the original turbine was still humming away. Pretty fucking cool. I was fascinated.

I've made it a point to check it out every few years, and the thing is still churning out power. All towns used to be like this. If I remember correctly, all it takes to power an average home is 6 inches of water on a 2 foot fall. That's all.
PLATA O PLOMO

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:29 am

C-Mag wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:25 am
Almost 20 years ago, while fishing, I stumbled across a small hydro plant built in the early 30s, and still running. It was on an Indian Reservation. They kept it, avoided going fully on the grid and it provides their tribal members with near free energy. I peaked in the window and they had updated a lot of the controls. But the original turbine was still humming away. Pretty fucking cool. I was fascinated.

I've made it a point to check it out every few years, and the thing is still churning out power. All towns used to be like this. If I remember correctly, all it takes to power an average home is 6 inches of water on a 2 foot fall. That's all.
Yup and that is why I am looking into it, They have also greatly improved the power ability of turbines since the 30's you put a modern turbine (or create your own from a vehicle alternator) and you would be able to produce energy quite easily for a home, you want to make it large enough to become an energy producer, that is also very simple as well. Most electrical companies will hate you for it though... lol.
#NotOneRedCent