2020 election

Speaker to Animals

Re: 2020 election

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:03 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:59 am
Speaker to Animals wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:29 am

In Asheville, most of the roads are 45 mph and lower, but you can easily get around just on the 35 mph roads. On the hills you just kick on the battery motor, and then charge it where the road is flat.

That's what you are going to see after peak oil. Shit like that will be everywhere.
Maybe even sooner, it's not as if you can drive any faster than a bicycle in modern congested cities anyway.
Electric bicycles and scooters are already very popular. Car lanes will be turned into cycle paths and congestion charges for dirty cars will only go up.
Many city centres in Europe are already going car free for reasons of safety and clean air. Diesels in particular are being targetted. If I were to drive my 30 year old kitchen into London for a film job it would cost me £200 per day even if it was parked up for the whole production and never moved.
Small electric delivery vans are going to skyrocket in popularity. The farm's Diesel flatbed truck, used for delivering thatching straw, is getting very rusty but the ever shrewd Farmer Paul is waiting until tougher restrictions coming out in London next year flood the market with cheap 2nd hand models before he replaces it.
I agree, totally. While I think the 9-10k price tag for that thing seems steep, I think if I lived in the heart of Asheville, that little thing would be highly tempting to me.

You could fucking ride from brew pub to brew pub and get shit faced. Load the back with some growlers of your favorite brews. Stop by Ingles for some snacks.

I'd cover it with tactical stickers and shit. It would be glorious.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:07 am

tactical stickers

Unconquered Seminole Nation got you covered famalam

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:16 am

Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:03 am
Montegriffo wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:29 am

In Asheville, most of the roads are 45 mph and lower, but you can easily get around just on the 35 mph roads. On the hills you just kick on the battery motor, and then charge it where the road is flat.

That's what you are going to see after peak oil. Shit like that will be everywhere.
Maybe even sooner, it's not as if you can drive any faster than a bicycle in modern congested cities anyway.
Electric bicycles and scooters are already very popular. Car lanes will be turned into cycle paths and congestion charges for dirty cars will only go up.
Many city centres in Europe are already going car free for reasons of safety and clean air. Diesels in particular are being targetted. If I were to drive my 30 year old kitchen into London for a film job it would cost me £200 per day even if it was parked up for the whole production and never moved.
Small electric delivery vans are going to skyrocket in popularity. The farm's Diesel flatbed truck, used for delivering thatching straw, is getting very rusty but the ever shrewd Farmer Paul is waiting until tougher restrictions coming out in London next year flood the market with cheap 2nd hand models before he replaces it.
I agree, totally. While I think the 9-10k price tag for that thing seems steep, I think if I lived in the heart of Asheville, that little thing would be highly tempting to me.

You could fucking ride from brew pub to brew pub and get shit faced. Load the back with some growlers of your favorite brews. Stop by Ingles for some snacks.

You can lose your license for riding a bike under the influence in the UK (if you give the copper your real name).
However, being in charge of a horse and cart over the limit only carries a fine and can't affect your license. I'm not sure what happens if the horse is drunk as well.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:30 am

Fife wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:45 am
On the Norfolk Broads grants of up to 2 grand are available for converting boats to electric propulsion. This has been great for wildlife as it is reducing fuel spillages and air pollution. It has also made the Broads much quieter and the chances of spotting a kingfisher or otter have been increased due to the fact you don't scare them off with your noisy engine. In peak season the river system is like a busy motorway with queues as far as you can see. Most areas are restricted to 5mph in order to preserve the fragile river banks and filthy 2 stroke outboards are no longer allowed to be produced.
Fast boats and water skiing are only allowed on a couple of short stretches of canal where the banks are concrete and steel.
There are no restrictions on drink sailing and there are waterside pubs every few miles along the 250 miles of navigable water.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:44 am

This beautiful Norfolk Wherry was converted to electric auxiliary power, over 100 years old it was built in the Edwardian period and used in the leisure industry rather than for transportation of goods like the original Wherries. Only 9 wherries remain and only one which was a working boat rather than a holiday boat.
Gaff-rigged with a counterweight tabernacle mast for shooting bridges.
https://www.wherryyachtcharter.org/wmoth.php

You can sail up to a bridge, drop the mast with sail still furled and raise it again once your momentum has got you past. Quite a sight to see.
Originally crewed by one man and his boy. It was customary for the sailors to empty the hot embers from their cabin fires on the banks to keep down the vegetation so that the wind was not hampered by trees.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:50 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:16 am
Montegriffo wrote:

You can lose your license for riding a bike under the influence in the UK (if you give the copper your real name).
However, being in charge of a horse and cart over the limit only carries a fine and can't affect your license. I'm not sure what happens if the horse is drunk as well.
North Carolina DUI law applies to bikes and cars alike. But there is no way it would be obvious you are a little tipsy on that thing unless you were completely hammered.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:04 pm

Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:50 am
Montegriffo wrote:

North Carolina DUI law applies to bikes and cars alike. But there is no way it would be obvious you are a little tipsy on that thing unless you were completely hammered.
Or caused an ''accident''.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:24 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:04 pm
Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:50 am
Montegriffo wrote:

Or caused an ''accident''.
If you are going to get a DUI, that one might be glorious. I thought a golf car DUI was the top tier, but I dunno..

You could even lead them on a low-speed chase for hours.

Fife

Post by Fife » Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:35 pm

Based on a true story -- RIP, Possum

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:53 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:07 am
tactical stickers

Unconquered Seminole Nation got you covered famalam
Lulz at the American Top Team logo. Best Camp in MMA, not the greatest strategists, but they are the greatest tacticians and talent developers.
*yip*