Live Chat of Trump's Address Tonight 2.28.17

StCapps

Re: Live Chat of Trump's Address Tonight 2.28.17

Post by StCapps » Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:13 am

That speech should scare the shit out of the Democrats, they got to be spooked because they can't beat that message. Even Van Jones is scarred shitless that Trump will keep hitting this new more presidential tone and he knows they have no answer for it. The media is even giving Trump dap, and their spin is that this version of Trump simply won't show up often enough to make a real difference because he can't help himself but self sabotage. So in other words, Trump's enemies are speechless and in full retreat.
*yip*

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:47 am

StCapps wrote:That speech should scare the shit out of the Democrats, they got to be spooked because they can't beat that message. Even Van Jones is scarred shitless that Trump will keep hitting this new more presidential tone and he knows they have no answer for it. The media is even giving Trump dap, and their spin is that this version of Trump simply won't show up often enough to make a real difference because he can't help himself but self sabotage. So in other words, Trump's enemies are speechless and in full retreat.
+1

Yeah, just a little over halfway through it now, but I watched CNN just after it got over and they were lost and confused. It wasn't the performance they wanted to comment on.

Trump is still in the same place he was the day he was elected and the day he was inaugurated. He will be judged by people based on his ability to improve the economy and enact policy that gets people making money. I think he's it too. He watched the OWS up close and the best message they had was Main Street, not Wall Street.

This very presidential Trump should scare the shit out of the Dems.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:50 am

Fife wrote: From a neocon/Trump rag: http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2 ... imself.php

"Normalizing" is a shitty meme that is about to crest. DJT has been as "normalized" as apple pie and a long range bomber since Day One.

I prefer my Trump Weaponized !
PLATA O PLOMO

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:56 am

This is what we listened to 8 years ago.
PLATA O PLOMO

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:00 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dems roll out white, older, rural, male to give there response.

:think:
What voting block have they lost completely ?

Finally, Transparency from the Democrats.
PLATA O PLOMO

ssu

Post by ssu » Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:58 am

C-Mag wrote:Trump is still in the same place he was the day he was elected and the day he was inaugurated. He will be judged by people based on his ability to improve the economy and enact policy that gets people making money. I think he's it too. He watched the OWS up close and the best message they had was Main Street, not Wall Street.

This very presidential Trump should scare the shit out of the Dems.
Well, if Trump would have given an improvized speech and strayed off the subject and started to talk about himself, then I think the GOP would have truly been in panick Then truly would the question be raised of Trump's capabilities to be in his position. The Trump cabinet surely can act normally, but now we got also an example from the prez that he can do it also.

Trump obviously knows that alt-right vote can get him only so far, and then more of it and it becomes a counterproductive burden. So him starting with condemning the attacks on the Jewish cemetaries etc. is important. I think a similar example is how Republicans Presidents have tried to tap the support and the votes of the religious right. Yep, they might favour some of the Holy Rollers biblical agenda, but they won't surely make everything about it, as then the backlash will be greater than the gains.

When meeting and speaking to ordinary people, Trump will likely be just the same, as entertaining as we know him to be.

Trump btw rumoured to take Iraq of the country ban list.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:44 am

Xenophon wrote:
TheReal_ND wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:Alex Jones is a cuck.
I had to bail on that stream
What happened with him? Declared allegiance to the Globalists?
Just annoying. He had some tart on I've never seen. Both of them were just being sycophants really.

K@th

Post by K@th » Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:37 am

We watched the speech coverage by The Onion. Best way to watch any speech, really. I thought it was a good speech and I liked a lot of what I heard. (Not all of it.) It was fairly typical SotU speech. I was pleased that the opposition applauded and even stood up a few times. That's pretty normal for this type of speech. (I wasn't expecting team blue to give any approval nods.) There were a couple of times where they weren't even applauding where we were thinking "WTF?" but, that is also normal.

The best winning is when he turned away from the red team to talk to the blue team about infrastructure. He didn't say it directly, but he basically said, "You know those guys over there won't pay for infrastructure, but you guys will work with me, right?"

NPR posted a transcript of the speech, marked up with comments (both positive and negative.) There were a few times he played loose with facts, but it didn't seem more or less than any other SotU speech I've seen in 30 years.

He found a good speech writer, that's for sure. He needs to work on reading the teleprompter without looking like he's reading the teleprompter.

Not really very much in the way of how we will pay for it.

Even Elizabeth Warren & Bernie Sanders gave him applause. Generally, a good night for him.

(Side note - Watching Ryan watch the speech made me miss Boehner.... what was up with that?)
Account abandoned.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:05 am

Ryan is a psychopath. You probably picked up on his weird vibes.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:10 am

From what I could tell, the democrats were sitting there like piles of shit for the first half of the speech, and by about half way through it, a good number of them realized that if they don't applaud and support some of these things, they would get slaughtered.

That photo of Flip's ex-girlfriend and the racist jihadi-sympathizer getting upset about the applause for the sacrifice of that woman's husband on the battlefield should have been an eye-opener for what remains of people of conscience that still possess some sympathy for that fucked up political party.

http://tribunist.com/politics/democrati ... source=AFY

The democratic party is a party run by total dirtbags.