“get out of my country.”

clubgop

Re: “get out of my country.”

Post by clubgop » Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:36 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
clubgop wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Wouldn't it constitute some form of entrapment, if the person were forced to appear, and was then arrested?

Not a lawyer, but it seems that way to me.
What? That is high level derp right there. "I can't show up to court cause I might be found guilty, it's entrapment." But you want someone to undergo a background check to buy a violent video game. Or to even gaze upon a gun. But a subpoena is entrapment. These are people who think Gorsuch is "literally Hitler."
Do you even listen to yourself anymore?
Do you even constitution bro? You're the one entering a courtroom with a paper bag over your head cause 5th amendment self incrimination. Please never hire a lawyer, you got this!

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:28 pm

clubgop wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
clubgop wrote:
What? That is high level derp right there. "I can't show up to court cause I might be found guilty, it's entrapment." But you want someone to undergo a background check to buy a violent video game. Or to even gaze upon a gun. But a subpoena is entrapment. These are people who think Gorsuch is "literally Hitler."
Do you even listen to yourself anymore?
Do you even constitution bro? You're the one entering a courtroom with a paper bag over your head cause 5th amendment self incrimination. Please never hire a lawyer, you got this!
Got that strawman thing workin well for you there.

I'm not proposing some sort of idiotic legal defense, just wondering if the government action - forcing someone to appear, in order to arrest them - constitutes some kind of entrapment.

I'd prefer to hear from one of our many lawyer posters, rather than the peanut gallery.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:32 pm

Entrapment does not refer to ordering somebody to turn themselves in. It means law enforcement entice or otherwise try to trick a person into committing a crime.

Cops trick people with warrants all the time. They send out, for instance, mailers that say people won a sweepstakes and all they have to do is show up to a convention to claim their prize, only to get arrested at the "convention". That's a trap, but it's not entrapment in the legal sense.

On the other hand, when government agents talk a retarded kid into building a "bomb", that's entrapment, but they seem to get away it for now.

Fife

Post by Fife » Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:38 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:I'm not proposing some sort of idiotic legal defense, just wondering if the government action - forcing someone to appear, in order to arrest them - constitutes some kind of entrapment.
Not entrapment. Not the same ballpark, not the same league, not even the same sport.

Entrapment involves the state using some scheme to convince a defendant to commit a crime that he would have not otherwise been interested in committing. It's an absolute defense to prosecution, and it's not "idiotic."

Heard of the Google? Check it out, looks like STA has it dialed in.

Alexander PhiAlipson

Post by Alexander PhiAlipson » Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:50 pm

Fife wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:I'm not proposing some sort of idiotic legal defense, just wondering if the government action - forcing someone to appear, in order to arrest them - constitutes some kind of entrapment.
Not entrapment. Not the same ballpark, not the same league, not even the same sport.

Entrapment involves the state using some scheme to convince a defendant to commit a crime that he would have not otherwise been interested in committing. It's an absolute defense to prosecution, and it's not "idiotic."

Heard of the Google? Check it out, looks like STA has it dialed in.
But it seems so unfair!
:cry:
"She had yellow hair and she walked funny and she made a noise like... O my God, please don't kill me! "

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:53 pm

After doing some extensive research, I came across this documentary that should help clear things up for everybody.

HAIL!

Her needs America so they won't just take his shit away like in some pussy non gun totting countries can happen.
-Hwen

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:55 pm

Hanarchy Montanarchy wrote:After doing some extensive research, I came across this documentary that should help clear things up for everybody.

"no Meridith no" :lol:
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Fife

Post by Fife » Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:59 pm

doc_loliday

Post by doc_loliday » Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:10 pm

Fife wrote:Our institutions are really improving their standing and image, eh?

Oregon judge is accused of helping illegal immigrant drunk driver ESCAPE from her courtroom while ICE agents waited outside to deport him to Mexico
Herranz is now under internal investigation after U.S. Attorney Billy Williams accused the judge of letting Salazar leave through her private entrance after staff realized immigration and customs enforcement agents were waiting for him.

The adversary is so dangerous, they can't be reasoned with. When you know you're right, the law doesn't matter.

You reap what you sew.

Alexander PhiAlipson

Post by Alexander PhiAlipson » Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:36 pm

doc_loliday wrote:
Fife wrote:Our institutions are really improving their standing and image, eh?

Oregon judge is accused of helping illegal immigrant drunk driver ESCAPE from her courtroom while ICE agents waited outside to deport him to Mexico
Herranz is now under internal investigation after U.S. Attorney Billy Williams accused the judge of letting Salazar leave through her private entrance after staff realized immigration and customs enforcement agents were waiting for him.

The adversary is so dangerous, they can't be reasoned with. When you know you're right, the law doesn't matter.

You reap what you sew.

:lol:
"She had yellow hair and she walked funny and she made a noise like... O my God, please don't kill me! "