The Passing of Nick Dupree

atanamis

Re: The Passing of Nick Dupree

Post by atanamis » Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:52 pm

He was one of the best writers on the DCF, and a man who I couldn't help but respect even when we disagreed on something. He probably did as much as anyone else to shape my current strong support for extreme medical assistance for those with disabilities. He is one of the few people who I feel truly honored to have been able to interact with regularly, even if only over a silly web forum.

adwinistrator

Post by adwinistrator » Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:34 pm

RIP Nick.

I wasn't active when he was around, but did read some of his work.

He clearly tried hard to make a difference, and put a lot of good out into the world.

K@th

Post by K@th » Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:25 am

I'm very sad to hear this. Thanks for posting this. I remember when he got married - happy day for him. It's terrible it went south like that. :(

It was my honor to have had some conversations with him. He was an original and incredibly well spoken. His efforts will be missed.
Account abandoned.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:54 pm

kybkh wrote:
Okeefenokee wrote:Should we send flowers? We could manage that, right?
I reached out to his brother on twitter. No response. I reckon a go fund me would be best. Even if it's a couple hundred I'm sure it would help.
I don't know who has contact, if anyone.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Zlaxer

Post by Zlaxer » Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:59 pm

Bye Nick....God's speed.