The Passing of Nick Dupree

StCapps

Re: The Passing of Nick Dupree

Post by StCapps » Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:12 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
StCapps wrote:
Alexander PhiAlipson wrote:I could hardly agree with the old self-described medicaidwonk about anything, but I'm sorry to learn he's gone.
Yeah we didn't agree on much either, but there are few more admirable people that I've been acquainted with over the course of my life. Quite the bad news gut punch, especially with the end being so rough for him and all. I'll miss the guy.
Was he on the DCF, or how do you guys know him?
Old school DCF regular, one of the OG's from the early days. Had over 5000 posts, but you came along after he stopped posting. If you had been around in those days, I have no doubt he'd have been one of your favorite forum members.

It's a real shame Dan deleted all his posts. Would be nice to go back and read a few, given the news.
*yip*

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:36 pm

Noooooo! Wrong nick! Why god why? Take the other nick!

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:28 pm

I never knew that about him. I only ever remember seeing a handful of his posts, me coming in later on and all.

Farewell, Nick. Happy trails.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:45 pm

That last paragraph was a hard read. This was a guy who was a true victim, but he'll be damned if he ever let you treat him as such. He gave as good as he got. He dished it out and he took it and didnt use his condition as a shield. A warriors heart. God speed, Usain Bolt. :angelic-blueglow:

Penner

Post by Penner » Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:40 pm

I remember Nick Dupree back in the DCF days and I am sad to hear that he is gone.

MilSpecs

Post by MilSpecs » Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:44 pm

StCapps wrote:It's a real shame Dan deleted all his posts. Would be nice to go back and read a few, given the news.
+1

RIP Nick.
:royalty-queen:

kybkh

Post by kybkh » Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:29 pm

His name was Nick Dupree!

God's speed; enjoy the Universe!

Any one got funeral announcement?
Last edited by kybkh on Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“I've got a phone that allows me to convene Americans from every walk of life, nonprofits, businesses, the private sector, universities to try to bring more and more Americans together around what I think is a unifying theme..." - Obama

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:38 pm

Should we send flowers? We could manage that, right?
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

kybkh

Post by kybkh » Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:00 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:Should we send flowers? We could manage that, right?
I reached out to his brother on twitter. No response. I reckon a go fund me would be best. Even if it's a couple hundred I'm sure it would help.
“I've got a phone that allows me to convene Americans from every walk of life, nonprofits, businesses, the private sector, universities to try to bring more and more Americans together around what I think is a unifying theme..." - Obama

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:04 pm

kybkh wrote:
Okeefenokee wrote:Should we send flowers? We could manage that, right?
I reached out to his brother on twitter. No response. I reckon a go fund me would be best. Even if it's a couple hundred I'm sure it would help.
That's what I'm thinking. I'll PM the landlord.