President Hillary Rodham Clinton

Fife

Re: President Hillary Rodham Clinton

Post by Fife » Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:38 am

The joke relies entirely on race. Otherwise, it has no meaning. Literally no meaning, which means not funny -- even to a studio audience of mindless NPCs that wouldn't be funny.

Nothing wrong with that, BTW. There are jokes without number that rely upon race as the premise.

Billary is as racist as the fucking day is long. Does that cause any of you some kind of lower GI distress or something?

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:38 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:31 am
Why are you still portraying Clinton's joke as racist when it clearly isn't?
Talk about trying to ''deceive and manipulate people''.
We aren't trying to argue that her "joke" was any more racist than what Rosanne or Kelly said. The point is that the same people (yourself included apparently) that called Rosanne and Kelly racists for their comments now laugh off Clinton's comment as "just a joke".

Either they are all racist/offensive or none of them are. Just like when Trump calls the media the enemy of the people it's hate speech, but calling for people to be stalked, harassed, and not allowed to do anything in public is acceptable.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:40 am

PartyOf5 wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:38 am
Montegriffo wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:31 am
Why are you still portraying Clinton's joke as racist when it clearly isn't?
Talk about trying to ''deceive and manipulate people''.
We aren't trying to argue that her "joke" was any more racist than what Rosanne or Kelly said. The point is that the same people (yourself included apparently) that called Rosanne and Kelly racists for their comments now laugh off Clinton's comment as "just a joke".

Either they are all racist/offensive or none of them are. Just like when Trump calls the media the enemy of the people it's hate speech, but calling for people to be stalked, harassed, and not allowed to do anything in public is acceptable.
BINGO
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:40 am

Fife wrote:
Billary is as racist as the fucking day is long. Does that cause any of you some kind of lower GI distress or something?
I have no problem with what she said. What I can no longer tolerate is the hypocrisy and double-standards that are taken by the media and fellow liberals.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:47 am

Fife wrote:
The joke relies entirely on race. Otherwise, it has no meaning. Literally no meaning, which means not funny -- even to a studio audience of mindless NPCs that wouldn't be funny.

Nothing wrong with that, BTW. There are jokes without number that rely upon race as the premise.

I personally love Ethnic Humor, I was raised on it, but ours was usually laughing at Europeans by use of sterotypes. The Irish, Finns, Swedes, Norvegians, Krauts, Poles were all targets. And neighbors of different ancestories would use them to trade jokes and jibes. And it meant nothing, no one needed a safe space, it just worked. It was like Archie Bunker and George Jefferson going at it.
PLATA O PLOMO

pineapplemike

Post by pineapplemike » Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:48 am

i think trump goes too far when he calls the media "the enemy of the people"

"an" enemy is completely fair and appropriate, but "the" enemy is nonsense

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:53 am

pineapplemike wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:34 am
monte i agree with you, i don't find her joke particularly racist- booker and holder do look similar. you don't find roseanne's joke to be racist, do you?
I think you have to look for the joke's victim to find the intent.
I think there is room to debate the intent of Rosanne's joke whereas the Clinton joke is clearly mocking the interviewer for appearing to be stereotyping.

Only one of the jokes was in bad taste and only one of the jokes was funny.

Comparing the two and trying to make a wider point about media coverage is dishonest.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:55 am

pineapplemike wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:48 am
i think trump goes too far when he calls the media "the enemy of the people"

"an" enemy is completely fair and appropriate, but "the" enemy is nonsense
I wish he'd engage them a little differently, but I understand why he does it. And it works for him. Frankly, I can't blame the guy. They never gave him a fair shake, and when they realized he actually was a serious candidate they never apologized to him and reformed the way they talk about him, they have just continued to try and destroy him for over 3 years now.

It's unfortunate. Trump has said and shown that he will return respect he is given. Lyin Ted became beautiful Ted. If the media stopped what they started, it could get better. Remember they all laughed at him the day he announced, then in the debates when it was time to get serious the very first question was Meagan Kelly attacking Trump.

IMO Trump says to himself, why should I be the bigger man, they are not going to change and suddenly treat me well after 3 years and I think that's true.
PLATA O PLOMO

Fife

Post by Fife » Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:56 am

OIC

"Honesty" requires a precise identification of the joke's "victim."

GTFOH

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:57 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:53 am

I think you have to look for the joke's victim to find the intent.
The only victim is equal application of Free Speech standards in our Society.
PLATA O PLOMO