Road Trip, Anyone?

katarn

Re: Road Trip, Anyone?

Post by katarn » Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:33 pm

Penner wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:
Penner wrote:Great legal murder/dismemberment. Sure you may or may not agree with what is being protested but come on this seems extreme and what if the shoe is on the other foot- with this law in place?

How would the shoe be on the other foot? I would try to stop anybody I care about from walking out into the highway in the middle of the night to stop oncoming traffic. I would definitely try to stop somebody I care about from participating in race riots and attacking innocent people in vehicles.

I think you guys are projecting your own violent tendencies upon the rest of us when it simply does not apply.

If the shoe were on the other foot, and that evil bitch won the election, the more likely reaction you would see right now is secession, either formal or disorganized, in which large swaths of America refuse to cooperate at all with the federal government. The violence, even then, would be initiated by you guys in trying to keep it under control.

If you guys did the same thing, I would respect that. I happen to think Californians have a good case for secession. Just not attacking innocent people.

So, basically, you are saying that if Hilary Clinton won, your side (and I am guessing you were for Trump or at least the GOP in this race) would've been the ones protesting, etc...

Also, this proposed law isn't respecting anyone. It's just another tactic to use against the side that lost this election. If people want to protest Trump then that is fine-n running them over and then being legally protected for it is overstepping it and encouraging people to suppress the protest of the opposite side.
It isn't suppressing any protest, at least, not any more than as a deterrent, the same way social media outrage and destruction of an individual's social life is a deterrent to people doing some things. And a lot of the protesting going on isn't a protest. As usually defined, once violence begins, it's a riot. And riots do not fall under the First Amendment anyway.
The First Amendment wrote:Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
Emphasis obviously mine.
"Stone walls do not a prison make, nor iron bars a cage...
If I have freedom in my love
And in my soul am free,
Angels alone that soar above
Enjoy such Liberty" - Richard Lovelace

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:48 pm

Penner wrote:Great legal murder/dismemberment. Sure you may or may not agree with what is being protested but come on this seems extreme and what if the shoe is on the other foot- with this law in place?
Fuck off with that shit. You terrorist defending leftists are fucking disgusting. You want it to be illegal to defend yourself, yet won't lay any condemnation for violence from your side. You're sick.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:51 pm

Penner wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:

How would the shoe be on the other foot? I would try to stop anybody I care about from walking out into the highway in the middle of the night to stop oncoming traffic. I would definitely try to stop somebody I care about from participating in race riots and attacking innocent people in vehicles.

I think you guys are projecting your own violent tendencies upon the rest of us when it simply does not apply.

If the shoe were on the other foot, and that evil bitch won the election, the more likely reaction you would see right now is secession, either formal or disorganized, in which large swaths of America refuse to cooperate at all with the federal government. The violence, even then, would be initiated by you guys in trying to keep it under control.

If you guys did the same thing, I would respect that. I happen to think Californians have a good case for secession. Just not attacking innocent people.

So, basically, you are saying that if Hilary Clinton won, your side (and I am guessing you were for Trump or at least the GOP in this race) would've been the ones protesting, etc...

Also, this proposed law isn't respecting anyone. It's just another tactic to use against the side that lost this election. If people want to protest Trump then that is fine-n running them over and then being legally protected for it is overstepping it and encouraging people to suppress the protest of the opposite side.
No, that's not what he said. We don't act like you. There aren't any violent conservative riots. Your side takes to the streets to beat people, break windows, burn cars. Your side kidnaps people and tortures them. That's what your side does. These pathetic attempts at equivalency are disgraceful. There is no equivalence.

Now go find a story about something that happened a century to show it's the same on both sides.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Alexander PhiAlipson

Post by Alexander PhiAlipson » Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:02 pm

Methinks it worthy of note that such laws have been created, and worthier still that they should be even considered. If ever I found myself in such a situation, I'd make human speed bumps rather than become the next Reginald Denny. Twelve jurors are better than six pall bearers where I come from.

"She had yellow hair and she walked funny and she made a noise like... O my God, please don't kill me! "

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:45 am

EDIT: From the bill:
A person driving an automobile who is exercising due care and
injures another person who is participating in a protest
or demonstration and is blocking traffic in
a public right-of-way is immune from civil liability for such injury.
I'm pretty sure that doesn't mean that you floor it, and clean the blood off your hood later.
Last edited by SuburbanFarmer on Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Mercury

Post by Mercury » Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:03 am

Sounds like they're just trying to keep bullshit lawsuits down.

You can still be charged for intentionally or negligently harming someone with a vehicle, but you won't get sued because a protester ran into or blocked a vehicle and then cried about it.
With sad countenance and downcast eyes, Aeneas wends his way, quitting the cavern, and ponders in his mind the dark issues.

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:16 am

Okeefenokee wrote:
Fuck off with that shit. You terrorist defending leftists are fucking disgusting. You want it to be illegal to defend yourself, yet won't lay any condemnation for violence from your side. You're sick.
+1

The shoe would never be on the other foot because if Hillary won we'd be back to our jobs and complaining about it there, just like when Obama won. Any protests would be held in places that are not meant for vehicles. That has already been proved the past 8 years. Name 1 Tea Party rally or protest that was held in an intersection of freeway.

If an angry mob is on the street and tries to break into my car, I'm getting out of there for my safety and those in my vehicle. If that means mowing through violent protesters, then so be it.

This is just like what has been mentioned in other threads. The far-left is fine with violence until it is returned. Then they cry foul and call it extreme.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:18 am

Circa 2016, the American Empire began to crumble, with the introduction of "Freeway Blocking", a disruptive tactic, which led to "Trashcan Kicking" - the ultimate expression of domestic unrest. Government scrambled to adapt, but could not change with the new reality. Slowly, the outer edges of the empire began to crumble...
Speaker to Animals wrote:If the shoe were on the other foot, and that evil bitch won the election, the more likely reaction you would see right now is secession, either formal or disorganized, in which large swaths of America refuse to cooperate at all with the federal government. The violence, even then, would be initiated by you guys in trying to keep it under control.
Sorry, I just want to be clear.. You see the Right all clumping together in some chosen number of states, refusing to cooperate with the government, and then seceeding from the Union, but that would be violence perpetrated by the Left....

Also, this would be less violent, and preferable to a riot at a university...

SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Fife

Post by Fife » Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:03 pm

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:17 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:Circa 2016, the American Empire began to crumble, with the introduction of "Freeway Blocking", a disruptive tactic, which led to "Trashcan Kicking" - the ultimate expression of domestic unrest. Government scrambled to adapt, but could not change with the new reality. Slowly, the outer edges of the empire began to crumble...
Speaker to Animals wrote:If the shoe were on the other foot, and that evil bitch won the election, the more likely reaction you would see right now is secession, either formal or disorganized, in which large swaths of America refuse to cooperate at all with the federal government. The violence, even then, would be initiated by you guys in trying to keep it under control.
Sorry, I just want to be clear.. You see the Right all clumping together in some chosen number of states, refusing to cooperate with the government, and then seceeding from the Union, but that would be violence perpetrated by the Left....

Also, this would be less violent, and preferable to a riot at a university...

Penner his name is dirty dick for a reason. Unless you want a really nasty UTI you keep that in mind when he is white knighting your sorry violence excusing ass.