The 4th Turning - our current events

JohnDonne

Re: The 4th Turning - our current events

Post by JohnDonne » Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:46 am

It sounds a lot like Wildland firefighting. We played a lot of hot dice and "push up poker" on our down time and screwed around a lot. It's nice to be in an environment of competitiveness, testosterone, and friendship. I enjoy the rigid structure, in a strange way it facilitates goofing off and creative solutions by making it necessary to think outside the box, the key being the box is still there in case we need it.

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:48 am

Are we still posting songs that represent our attitudes towards work?
HAIL!

Her needs America so they won't just take his shit away like in some pussy non gun totting countries can happen.
-Hwen

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:49 am

Also bear in mind, even tho this voluntary productive play was ostensibly funded by the public, the reality was, the fake workers, the wage slaves, they didn't fund it, they don't pay the kind of taxes required to fund this sort of activity, the whole thing was funded by the wealthy, it's voluntary productive play, funded by wealth redistribution from the top to the bottom, and we got away with it, because even the Calvinist Church Lady was A-OK with productive play to kill commies in Eurasia, so long as it was for playing to kill commies in Eurasia, post work was a go.

Ronnie Raygun was down with it, Maggie Thatcher was down with it, NATO was the only post work productive play allowed, under the rubric of the commie menace from Eurasia, which was mostly fabricated nonsense.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:56 am

Well golly Smitty, I heard that taxation was theft. Who is gonna pay for paint ball games in the German countryside once all the sovereign citizens get their way and abolish governments and their self licking ice cream cone departments?
HAIL!

Her needs America so they won't just take his shit away like in some pussy non gun totting countries can happen.
-Hwen

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:00 am

Hanarchy Montanarchy wrote:Well golly Smitty, I heard that taxation was theft. Who is gonna pay for paint ball games in the German countryside once all the sovereign citizens get their way and abolish governments and their self licking ice cream cone departments?
Taxation is theft, if it is for propping up the fake work self licking ice cream cone, if taxation was for allowing to have more time to be lazy and creative, then it wouldn't be theft, because that is actually productive, you might actually do something of value if you had the time, but to tax the wealthy just so you can be a Walmart greeter all the live long day? No, that is theft, on behalf of the Welfare-Warfare Nanny State.

I'm not taking money out of peoples pockets, to prop up a prison camp, but to provide time and space to be productive for the greater good, OK, now we're getting somewhere.

Mind you, most of the "people" we are talking about taxing here, are really corporations and capital gains, obviously there's not going to be any personal income tax, when you're not working any "jobs".

Do you know any wealthy people who actually work a "job"? See, no, because they're all incorporated entities, the wealthy don't work jobs, they make capital gains.
Last edited by Smitty-48 on Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:05 am

Smitty-48 wrote:
Hanarchy Montanarchy wrote:Well golly Smitty, I heard that taxation was theft. Who is gonna pay for paint ball games in the German countryside once all the sovereign citizens get their way and abolish governments and their self licking ice cream cone departments?
Taxation is theft, if it is for propping up the fake work self licking ice cream cone, if taxation was for allowing to have more time to be lazy and creative, then it wouldn't be theft, because that is actually productive, you might actually do something of value if you had the time, but to tax the wealthy just so you can be a Walmart greeter all the live long day? No, that is theft, on behalf of the Welfare-Warfare Nanny State.
I was not aware that the definition of theft was contingent on what is done with the acquired resources.

However, I get what you are saying, and also support theft on a sort of deontological basis.
HAIL!

-Hwen

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:08 am

Hanarchy Montanarchy wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:
I was not aware that the definition of theft was contingent on what is done with the acquired resources.

However, I get what you are saying, and also support theft on a sort of deontological basis.
When I oppose what you are taking the money for, that's theft, when I support what you are taking the money for, that's not theft.

If you give up the Welfare-Warfare Self Licking Nanny State, the reasons to oppose taxation go away right quick.

Bear in mind, Anti-Work includes all the fake work preferred by the left as well, all the fake government work, and all the fake work to prop the government up as a power broker.

There is no government between you and the voluntary productive play, you get a mincome, but after that, you'll have to play productively, there will still be a market, it just won't be a job market.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:18 am

I'm on board.

Although, I think there are good uses for government jobs beyond just paintball games for commie killing practice, which is a great use for sure. Being a champagne liberal and all, I wouldn't mind seeing museums and orchestras funded from the not-theft taxation levied against capital class.

But, the devil is in the details is suppose.
HAIL!

-Hwen

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:22 am

See, you already get a mincome in America, on the aggregate, what they do is get corporations to generate fake jobs to distribute the mincome, while monopolizing all your time, that way, they stave off a revolution, you have your minimum income, and you don't have any time to foment rebellion against the entrenched interests therein, and if you try to speak out against it, the Church Lady comes and bashes you over the head as a "lazy good for nothing", when in fact laziness plus creativity is productive, just not for the entrenched interests, but that's the whole reason they conspire with Nanny and the Church Lady to keep you working all the time, doing nothing.

It's like a gulag, just work you all the time, and keep you at that coal face, doing nothing of any particular value, other than the value of keeping you doing nothing all the time.

Work is bullshit, jobs are jails, free your time, and your ass will follow.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:32 am

In all fairness, the current system is a pretty elegant way to solve the problem of inefficiency when it comes to trying to centrally plan what the mincome should be, and how it should be distributed. Keeping people tired and complacent from spending all their time at unedifying tasks is more likely a happy accident than than the specific goal.
HAIL!

-Hwen