Death of Cash = Death of Freedom

SilverEagle

Re: Death of Cash = Death of Freedom

Post by SilverEagle » Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:18 am

ssu wrote:Nowdays having a big sum in cash will raise questions in a bank. Where did you get it? Why do you need it? And banks simply don't have much cash.
Hence buying a car, or especially something larger, like a house, with cash and people will get uncomfortable.

And of course when everything goes through bank accounts, the tax collector has an easier job.
That unnerves me. It's not if but when a run on the banks happens people will lose their shit. We, as a population, have been conditioned to think and act like people with large/larger sums of cash are criminals so we in turn do not store cash in safes at home. We instead keep our money in the banks. Very big mistake IMO. My opinion is that you should have $2,000 to $4,000 in cash and $3,000 to $6,000 in silver/gold stored at all times. Most people can't afford that now a days but they can work towards it over a 5 year period. $5,000 to $10,000 in emergency funds should be on the top of everyone's WTSHTF list.
There is a time for good men to do bad things.

For fuck sake, 1984 is NOT an instruction manual!

:character-bowser: __________ :character-mario: :character-luigi:

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:54 am

SilverEagle wrote:
ssu wrote:Nowdays having a big sum in cash will raise questions in a bank. Where did you get it? Why do you need it? And banks simply don't have much cash.
Hence buying a car, or especially something larger, like a house, with cash and people will get uncomfortable.

And of course when everything goes through bank accounts, the tax collector has an easier job.
That unnerves me. It's not if but when a run on the banks happens people will lose their shit. We, as a population, have been conditioned to think and act like people with large/larger sums of cash are criminals so we in turn do not store cash in safes at home. We instead keep our money in the banks. Very big mistake IMO. My opinion is that you should have $2,000 to $4,000 in cash and $3,000 to $6,000 in silver/gold stored at all times. Most people can't afford that now a days but they can work towards it over a 5 year period. $5,000 to $10,000 in emergency funds should be on the top of everyone's WTSHTF list.
This. +1, with a caveat. Have a food and water supply. :)
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

SilverEagle

Post by SilverEagle » Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:05 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
SilverEagle wrote:

This. +1, with a caveat. Have a food and water supply. :)
Very true GCF. My post was just referring to the monetary side of things. Yes I know food and water will have monetary value as well. Since you added on to the monetary side of things I'll add that building skills is crucial. Learn how to grow food, build things, repair things, have a network of people that are like minded, lone wolf/lone family tactic will get you killed, and build redundancies in your preps over all. That being said let's try to keep this thread on topic. :mrgreen:

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:07 am

Well, I mean as a backup or even alternative to money. There's no way to know what, if any, value the dollar will have in a collapse.

You can be certain that the Fed will use the last few kilowatts on the grid trying to print their way out.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

SilverEagle

Post by SilverEagle » Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:20 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:Well, I mean as a backup or even alternative to money. There's no way to know what, if any, value the dollar will have in a collapse.

You can be certain that the Fed will use the last few kilowatts on the grid trying to print their way out.
oh for sure and when this happens there most likely be days when people will only take cash but the very next day they will only take PMs, then a week later cash, and back in fourth until the currency fades away completely. It won't be as cut and dry as most "preppers" think.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:59 pm

I am curious if, like TYT, Dan Carlin is associated with or receiving funds from Media Consortium, or any of the other hydra heads of Soros's empire.

SilverEagle

Post by SilverEagle » Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:10 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:I am curious if, like TYT, Dan Carlin is associated with or receiving funds from Media Consortium, or any of the other hydra heads of Soros's empire.
Fair question. A real investigative journalist is what we need. Unfortunately they are as extinct as the T-Rex. Maybe we can find some Amber with a mosquito that bit Ida Tarbell and if not we maybe S.O.L.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:13 pm

SilverEagle wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:I am curious if, like TYT, Dan Carlin is associated with or receiving funds from Media Consortium, or any of the other hydra heads of Soros's empire.
Fair question. A real investigative journalist is what we need. Unfortunately they are as extinct as the T-Rex. Maybe we can find some Amber with a mosquito that bit Ida Tarbell and if not we maybe S.O.L.

Weird. I thought I posted that on the Common Sense thread. Anywho.. I strongly suspect something like that happened around the time he got the invitation to that conference with government and private officials on foreign policy. That was when the content changed from being anti-duopoly and anti-establishment to being pretty solid progressivism.

I really don't know of any other way to explain it. It's not like Dan ever explained why he became a progressive.

SilverEagle

Post by SilverEagle » Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:16 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
SilverEagle wrote:

Weird. I thought I posted that on the Common Sense thread. Anywho.. I strongly suspect something like that happened around the time he got the invitation to that conference with government and private officials on foreign policy. That was when the content changed from being anti-duopoly and anti-establishment to being pretty solid progressivism.

I really don't know of any other way to explain it. It's not like Dan ever explained why he became a progressive.
You did? :shock:

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:18 pm

SilverEagle wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:
SilverEagle wrote:

You did? :shock:
Where am I?
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751