Death of Cash = Death of Freedom

SilverEagle

Re: Death of Cash = Death of Freedom

Post by SilverEagle » Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:39 am

adwinistrator wrote:
SilverEagle wrote:
Xenophon wrote: SUBMIT TO YOUR BRAIN PLUG.
Nope! That's not in my DNA and honestly I think its truly something in our DNA that either tells us to submit or defy authority. My wife will defy, I will defy, our kids will defy. My wife's sister will defy but her husband and her kids they will submit. Small sample I know but I've noticed the submit or defy inside other folks in my life and the people that defy are greatly out numbered.
So you're just a conformist trying to fit in with everyone around you? Well everyone else is defiant, I wouldn't want to rock the boat, HEY I'M DEFIANT TOO GUYS!

:D

A conformist, I am not. Just point out that some folks have a tendency to submit to authority and others do not.
There is a time for good men to do bad things.

For fuck sake, 1984 is NOT an instruction manual!

:character-bowser: __________ :character-mario: :character-luigi:

SilverEagle

Post by SilverEagle » Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:42 am

Xenophon wrote:
SilverEagle wrote:
Xenophon wrote: SUBMIT TO YOUR BRAIN PLUG.
Nope! That's not in my DNA and honestly I think its truly something in our DNA that either tells us to submit or defy authority. My wife will defy, I will defy, our kids will defy. My wife's sister will defy but her husband and her kids they will submit. Small sample I know but I've noticed the submit or defy inside other folks in my life and the people that defy are greatly out numbered.
Yeah. I hope that a scrappy minority of people can prevent this horrific human experiment from progressing.
Hope is all we have and not much of it. :violence-guntoting:

Dand

Post by Dand » Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:46 am

Cashless society will mean that clerical errors or hackers can more completely destroy people's lives than they already can. If you piss off the government or a bank then they'll also be able to hold more total power over you than they already do. No thanks.

Adwin, cops seizing large amounts of cash is part of it but I don't see that as the primary attack (it's just theft rather than an attempt to move to electronic money). The increasing number of places where cash is not allowed or is heavily disincentivized is growing. There are already subways, trains, and highway entrances that don't accept cash and these things will just keep encroaching on us until every transaction is electronic so it can be traced and so that elites can take their tax from every transaction.

I often use an electronic highway-toll thing and it's faster than stopping to pay in cash and we have highway entrances that require it. It's a brutal situation and unstoppable. Everything can look nice and convenient now and if I wanted to be defiant I could drive to the next entrance that accepts cash but then I'm paying with my life by spending an extra 15-30 minutes on my drive. Eventually I'm sure the highways will require one of these electronic payments to access and this is just the first step. Death by 1000 cuts stuff.

SilverEagle

Post by SilverEagle » Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:59 am

Dand wrote:Cashless society will mean that clerical errors or hackers can more completely destroy people's lives than they already can. If you piss off the government or a bank then they'll also be able to hold more total power over you than they already do. No thanks.

Adwin, cops seizing large amounts of cash is part of it but I don't see that as the primary attack (it's just theft rather than an attempt to move to electronic money). The increasing number of places where cash is not allowed or is heavily disincentivized is growing. There are already subways, trains, and highway entrances that don't accept cash and these things will just keep encroaching on us until every transaction is electronic so it can be traced and so that elites can take their tax from every transaction.

I often use an electronic highway-toll thing and it's faster than stopping to pay in cash and we have highway entrances that require it. It's a brutal situation and unstoppable. Everything can look nice and convenient now and if I wanted to be defiant I could drive to the next entrance that accepts cash but then I'm paying with my life by spending an extra 15-30 minutes on my drive. Eventually I'm sure the highways will require one of these electronic payments to access and this is just the first step. Death by 1000 cuts stuff.
There will still be pay as you go tolls but it will be a debit/credit card swipe. Again eliminating cash, oh and a toll workers job as well.

Fife

Post by Fife » Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:28 am

Cash is King. Or was before the revolution.

Beware the Jacobins.

Business Insider, 2/12/17: An Ivy League professor who spent 4 months working in a South Bronx check-cashing store says we're getting it all wrong

Cost, Transparency, Service. Three ideas that give the state and the banks that own it the downright creeps.

SilverEagle

Post by SilverEagle » Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:03 pm

Fife wrote:Cash is King. Or was before the revolution.

Beware the Jacobins.

Business Insider, 2/12/17: An Ivy League professor who spent 4 months working in a South Bronx check-cashing store says we're getting it all wrong

Cost, Transparency, Service. Three ideas that give the state and the banks that own it the downright creeps.
Oh the banks and government don't have it wrong at all from what their end goal is. Those check cashing business have a giant target on their backs. I give them 10 years at the most before they are shut down by law. The government will use the terrorist excuse to shut them down. Mark my words.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:48 pm

I'm split on this. I genuinely hate having cash in my pocket - much easier to carry a simple card, and pay for everything easily. I don't have an instant count of cash in my pocket, when there's more than a little, and I tend to spend it much faster. Also, coins are annoying as fuck.

That said, I'm completely against being tracked by my purchases. It's a devil's bargain, certainly. I don't know if there's an answer, but I agree that we're going to see a wave of nonsensical regulation, designed to force people into 'storing' their money with a bankster. Gotta keep those bets coming in somehow. :evil:
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

SilverEagle

Post by SilverEagle » Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:07 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:I'm split on this. I genuinely hate having cash in my pocket - much easier to carry a simple card, and pay for everything easily. I don't have an instant count of cash in my pocket, when there's more than a little, and I tend to spend it much faster. Also, coins are annoying as fuck.

That said, I'm completely against being tracked by my purchases. It's a devil's bargain, certainly. I don't know if there's an answer, but I agree that we're going to see a wave of nonsensical regulation, designed to force people into 'storing' their money with a bankster. Gotta keep those bets coming in somehow. :evil:
For day to day spending I used a debit. However I have thousands of dollars squirreled away at an undisclosed location. Mainly in silver and gold coins but I also have a couple thousand in greenbacks. Just in case I want some "off the book" purchases.

adwinistrator

Post by adwinistrator » Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:09 pm

SilverEagle wrote:
adwinistrator wrote:
SilverEagle wrote:
So you're just a conformist trying to fit in with everyone around you? Well everyone else is defiant, I wouldn't want to rock the boat, HEY I'M DEFIANT TOO GUYS!

:D

A conformist, I am not. Just point out that some folks have a tendency to submit to authority and others do not.
I was just messing with ya. ;)

ssu

Post by ssu » Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:13 pm

Nowdays having a big sum in cash will raise questions in a bank. Where did you get it? Why do you need it? And banks simply don't have much cash.
Hence buying a car, or especially something larger, like a house, with cash and people will get uncomfortable.

And of course when everything goes through bank accounts, the tax collector has an easier job.