Death of Cash = Death of Freedom

SilverEagle

Death of Cash = Death of Freedom

Post by SilverEagle » Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:16 am

Some very good points in this small article that I think most, if not all, of us think about. Without free money freedom cannot survive. Cash/using cash might very well be illegal in 20 years IMO.

“Governments are always looking out for themselves first, and it's the same old thing that has been going on for hundreds of years. The Indians recently did the same thing. They withdrew 86 percent of the currency in circulation, and they have now made it illegal to spend more than, I think it's about $4,000 in any cash transaction. In France you cannot use more than, I think it's a €1,000,”said Rogers
“When it's done, the governments are going to be very, very happy they are going to say they're doing it for our own good, this is not them, this is for our good. That they're doing this, but it’s coming, and it's going to be a whole different world in which we live. Probably we are not going to have as many freedoms as we have now even though we are already losing our freedoms at a significant pace,” Rodgers
https://www.rt.com/business/377307-jim- ... trol-cash/
There is a time for good men to do bad things.

For fuck sake, 1984 is NOT an instruction manual!

:character-bowser: __________ :character-mario: :character-luigi:

adwinistrator

Re: Death of Cash = Death of Freedom

Post by adwinistrator » Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:29 am

1st step is to pressure you local/state/federal representatives and officials to prohibit police from seizing cash via civil forfeiture.

How Police Officers Seize Cash From Innocent Americans
On February 17, 2014, a 24-year-old college student named Charles Clarke checked a bag at Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport and parked himself in a chair near the boarding gate. Having just visited relatives, he was in high spirits, and eager to return to his home in Florida.

But Clarke’s day took an unexpected turn.

Two uniformed men -- an airport police detective and a local Drug Enforcement Administration officer -- approached by Clarke and corralled him into a fluorescent backroom. His checked bag sat on a table. One of the men turned to him and grunted, “This smells like marijuana.” An extensive search ensued, which yielded no trace of drugs in Clarke’s luggage. But buried between t-shirts, in the young man’s bag, the officers discovered something of greater interest: $11,000 in cash.

The cash, earned through five years of hard work at fast-food restaurants and retail outlets, represented Clarke’s life savings -- money he intended to use for tuition fees. But the officers didn’t buy his story. Based solely on the fact that his bag “smelled like weed,” they claimed that the $11,000 was related to drug trafficking and seized it.

Under the umbrella of “civil forfeiture,” officers of the law confiscate millions of dollars in cash from thousands of individuals like Charles Clarke every year. In doing so, they need no proof that the money is obtained through illegal means. They do not need to file a criminal charge. The law flips the American justice system upside down: the burden of proving innocence is on the “suspect” -- and if he or she can’t do that, the property is fair game for officers to take.

Using cash that is unjustly seized from Americans, police departments across the nation buy firearms, SWAT gear, flat-screen TVs, and a slew of other goods they deem to be “essential” to operation.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:49 am

Yeah, Silver Eagle, this is spooky to me. I'm not into the Utopia that calls for the end of money. Utopias in general are just creepy.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Xenophon

Post by Xenophon » Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:59 am

C-Mag wrote:Yeah, Silver Eagle, this is spooky to me. I'm not into the Utopia that calls for the end of money. Utopias in general are just creepy.
One of us.
One of us.
One of us.
One of us.
One of us.
One of us.
One of us.
One of us.
One of us.
One of us.
One of us.
One of us.
One of us.
One of us.
One of us.
One of us.
One of us.
:character-grover:

SilverEagle

Post by SilverEagle » Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:00 am

adwinistrator wrote:1st step is to pressure you local/state/federal representatives and officials to prohibit police from seizing cash via civil forfeiture.

On February 17, 2014, a 24-year-old college student named Charles Clarke checked a bag at Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport and parked himself in a chair near the boarding gate. Having just visited relatives, he was in high spirits, and eager to return to his home in Florida.

Two uniformed men -- an airport police detective and a local Drug Enforcement Administration officer -- approached by Clarke and corralled him into a fluorescent backroom. His checked bag sat on a table. One of the men turned to him and grunted, “This smells like marijuana.” An extensive search ensued, which yielded no trace of drugs in Clarke’s luggage. But buried between t-shirts, in the young man’s bag, the officers discovered something of greater interest: $11,000 in cash.

The cash, earned through five years of hard work at fast-food restaurants and retail outlets, represented Clarke’s life savings -- money he intended to use for tuition fees. But the officers didn’t buy his story. Based solely on the fact that his bag “smelled like weed,” they claimed that the $11,000 was related to drug trafficking and seized it.

Under the umbrella of “civil forfeiture,” officers of the law confiscate millions of dollars in cash from thousands of individuals like Charles Clarke every year. In doing so, they need no proof that the money is obtained through illegal means. They do not need to file a criminal charge. The law flips the American justice system upside down: the burden of proving innocence is on the “suspect” -- and if he or she can’t do that, the property is fair game for officers to take.

Using cash that is unjustly seized from Americans, police departments across the nation buy firearms, SWAT gear, flat-screen TVs, and a slew of other goods they deem to be “essential” to operation.
As the years pass Anarchy looks more and more attractive.

Xenophon

Post by Xenophon » Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:00 am

SilverEagle wrote:
adwinistrator wrote:1st step is to pressure you local/state/federal representatives and officials to prohibit police from seizing cash via civil forfeiture.

As the years pass Anarchy looks more and more attractive.
SUBMIT TO YOUR BRAIN PLUG.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:04 am

Xenophon wrote:
C-Mag wrote:Yeah, Silver Eagle, this is spooky to me. I'm not into the Utopia that calls for the end of money. Utopias in general are just creepy.
One of us.
One of us.
One of us.
One of us.
One of us.
One of us.
One of us.
One of us.
One of us.
One of us.
One of us.
One of us.
One of us.
One of us.
One of us.
One of us.
One of us.
:character-grover:
Yeah, No Thanks.
Those fuckers will all have us in Androgynous Jump Suits and living under safe laboratory conditions.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

SilverEagle

Post by SilverEagle » Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:18 am

Xenophon wrote: SUBMIT TO YOUR BRAIN PLUG.
Nope! That's not in my DNA and honestly I think its truly something in our DNA that either tells us to submit or defy authority. My wife will defy, I will defy, our kids will defy. My wife's sister will defy but her husband and her kids they will submit. Small sample I know but I've noticed the submit or defy inside other folks in my life and the people that defy are greatly out numbered.

Xenophon

Post by Xenophon » Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:27 am

SilverEagle wrote:
Nope! That's not in my DNA and honestly I think its truly something in our DNA that either tells us to submit or defy authority. My wife will defy, I will defy, our kids will defy. My wife's sister will defy but her husband and her kids they will submit. Small sample I know but I've noticed the submit or defy inside other folks in my life and the people that defy are greatly out numbered.
Yeah. I hope that a scrappy minority of people can prevent this horrific human experiment from progressing.

adwinistrator

Post by adwinistrator » Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:30 am

SilverEagle wrote:
So you're just a conformist trying to fit in with everyone around you? Well everyone else is defiant, I wouldn't want to rock the boat, HEY I'M DEFIANT TOO GUYS!

:D