Actual Congressional Hackers

Okeefenokee

Re: Actual Congressional Hackers

Post by Okeefenokee » Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:29 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:Affirmative action hires? :lol:

Let's see, Political Islam declared war on us. We wade into an Islamic Civil War, then bring some of those people to our country and give them access to sensitive information.

I'm completely surprised we got spied on. :?
Too bad the FBI let Hillary off, these guys gonna argue they were following her lead, and the Russians hacked them.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

adwinistrator

Post by adwinistrator » Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:20 am

Did any of you actually read the articles that ZeroHedge sourced for this?

ZeroHedge seems to be purposefully conflating the DNC server hack with the actions of these IT staff from the very first sentence.
In an ironic twist, it appears it may not have been 'The Russians' that hacked America's political system last year.
If you read the entire article, you'll see that there is no mention of the DNC servers.

Since the ZeroHedge article is based on The Daily Caller's article, let's see what they say.

The Daily Caller - EXCLUSIVE: House Intelligence, Foreign Affairs Committee Members Compromised By Rogue IT Staff (1/4/17)
Three brothers who managed office information technology for members of the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence and other lawmakers were abruptly relieved of their duties on suspicion that they accessed congressional computers without permission.

A criminal investigation into five unnamed people began late last year related to serious and potentially illegal violations of House IT policies, Politico reported Thursday. Chiefs of staff for the members were briefed Thursday by the Sergeant-at-Arms.
Well now, The Daily Caller says this is about violations of IT policies, but they link to Politico. I wonder if they actually spell out what this is about, instead of obfuscating this story.

Politico - House staffers under criminal investigation for alleged equipment theft (2/2/17)
Five House employees are under criminal investigation amid allegations that they stole equipment from more than 20 member offices and accessed House IT systems without lawmakers' knowledge.

Access to the House network was terminated for the five employees — four men and a woman — on Thursday afternoon, but it’s up to individual lawmakers to fire the staffers in question, according to a senior House official. The official said most members are proceeding with termination.
This incident has nothing to do with the election, and Russia was never suspected of being involved in any of the activities these IT staffers got in trouble for... Well, because that wouldn't make sense, if you read the articles, followed the links to what their writing was sourced on, then read those articles too.

If you don't take the time to do this, the story you walk away from ZeroHedge with is "Wow! This new info has completely cleared Russia from any suspicion for the hacking of DNC servers!"

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:22 am

Did you?

One of the machine compromised was used by Wasserman-Shultz, which contained the leaked emails and potentially the login credentials to the DNC servers.. :think:

adwinistrator

Post by adwinistrator » Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:42 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:Did you?

One of the machine compromised was used by Wasserman-Shultz, which contained the leaked emails and potentially the login credentials to the DNC servers.. :think:
That's quite a statement of fact you've produced!

So do you know exactly what crime was committed?
The employees allegedly stole equipment from members' offices without their knowledge and committed serious, potentially illegal, violations of House IT policies.
Where is the reporting of them hacking or stealing emails and accounts? There is none. But, well, once person has concerns, and now you consider that the factual truth of what happened.
Buzzfeed reported that the Sergeant-at-Arms told staff that the subjects were four men who were brothers and one woman. It did not name them. It quoted one of the affected members as saying “they said it was some sort of procurement scam, but now I’m concerned that they may have stolen data from us, emails, who knows.”
Are you comfortable with The Daily Caller writing this story based on reporting from Politico and Buzzfeed?

The article your using as proof doesn't even claim that these 5 people did steal from DWS's office, or that her computer was compromised. The Daily Caller states:
Also among those whose computer systems may have been compromised is Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz
Does an unsourced "may have" meet your threshold for the truth?

Does the Sergeant-at-Arms having concerns about data security, in the event of 5 individuals stealing IT equipment, that "may have" stolen from DWS, back up your claims that:
  • DWS's computer was comprimised
  • DWS's computer contained the leaked emails
  • DWS's computer had the login credentials for the DNC servers

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:58 am

adwinistrator wrote:Did any of you actually read the articles that ZeroHedge sourced for this?
I didn't read it, I read a separate article a few days earlier on this topic. I believe the DNC was not necessarily hacked at all, but instead the DNC staffer who coincidentally died was involved. He died like within 48 hrs of the emails getting out.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Dand

Post by Dand » Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:52 am

C-Mag wrote:
adwinistrator wrote:Did any of you actually read the articles that ZeroHedge sourced for this?
I didn't read it, I read a separate article a few days earlier on this topic. I believe the DNC was not necessarily hacked at all, but instead the DNC staffer who coincidentally died was involved. He died like within 48 hrs of the emails getting out.
+1 Seth Rich is (imo) the most plausible source

This muslim brotherhood doesn't pass the "cui bono?" test because why would muslims be trying to help Trump?

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:05 am

Dand wrote:
C-Mag wrote:
+1 Seth Rich is (imo) the most plausible source

This muslim brotherhood doesn't pass the "cui bono?" test because why would muslims be trying to help Trump?
I don't think helping Trump even figures into it for the Hajji's (btw I use Hajji as a derogatory term for violent Islamists).
The Hajji's laugh at us, they see us as weak cucks to be conquered they don't respect us. These folks come from a culture that toss fags off buildings, stone women, pass off boys to be raped by their uncles. We are not going to scare them easily. Doesn't matter to them if it's Trump or Hillary. They are spying because they can, it's a matter of cultural pride for them to do it, they laugh at how stupid we are for being upset about their feelings, when they have no compunction about enforcing their cultural norms on us.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience