Humans must merge with machines or become irrelevant in AI age

SilverEagle

Humans must merge with machines or become irrelevant in AI age

Post by SilverEagle » Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:55 am

What kind of world will we be living in 20 years from now? 50 years from now.

Will we get to a point were 80% of the current workforce will be displaced or higher? How many years do you think it will take to get to that point?

What does society look like?

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/02/13/elon-mus ... obots.html
There is a time for good men to do bad things.

For fuck sake, 1984 is NOT an instruction manual!

:character-bowser: __________ :character-mario: :character-luigi:

Xenophon

Re: Humans must merge with machines or become irrelevant in AI age

Post by Xenophon » Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:15 am

SilverEagle wrote:What kind of world will we be living in 20 years from now? 50 years from now.

Will we get to a point were 80% of the current workforce will be displaced or higher? How many years do you think it will take to get to that point?

What does society look like?

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/02/13/elon-mus ... obots.html
I wish I was born in the 1920's sometimes. This transhumanist claptrap really rubs me the wrong way.

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:39 am

Fuck Elon Musk

Right now he's trying to drop wages of skilled workers at the Tesla plant to pay for his failed Solar City and SpaceX projects.

I don't get the cult around him; he's just your standard Silicon Valley Autismo.

I'm all for stopping AI to help humanity.
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

Xenophon

Post by Xenophon » Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:53 am

I wonder how science fiction has informed the current trend of transhumanism. Seems to me like the only reason people believe that the integration between AI and Humanity is inevitable is because they've read one too many tales of fiction.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:55 am

Transhumanism is going to be the greatest threat to our species we ever faced, with nothing even remotely near it in terms of impact and negative consequences.

Consider how sophistry has been used by the degeneracy we now call the "left" for thousands of years. If reality doesn't comport to what they want, they try to redefine words to make people believe things that are untrue, or to manipulate people into agreeing to something because those people are operating under different definitions of words. Scholars have long argued that the corruption of language has been the greatest threat to western civilization.

But with transhumanism, they don't have to corrupt the language. They can corrupt nature. For instance, now if you refuse to believe that Bruce Jenner can somehow magically become a woman, they will try to shame you into maintaining their sophistic worldview where they all just pretend he is a woman regardless of objective truth. But with transhumanism, they can probably actually convert a person to another sex. Whatever batshit self-image they want to adhere to they will be able to make into a reality. The gender-bending, animal-kin bullshit we see today is entirely pedestrian compared to what we will see when those floodgates open.
Last edited by Speaker to Animals on Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Xenophon

Post by Xenophon » Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:57 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:Transhumanism is going to be the greatest threat to our species we ever faced, with nothing even remotely near it in terms of impact and negative consequences.
What do you think it would look like? I have a feeling that the first guy that does it will in fact die, even if the AI can create a simulacrum of the subject's consciousness. But people will just see the simulacrum and then file into the suicide boxes like lemmings.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:59 am

Xenophon wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:Transhumanism is going to be the greatest threat to our species we ever faced, with nothing even remotely near it in terms of impact and negative consequences.
What do you think it would look like? I have a feeling that the first guy that does it will in fact die, even if the AI can create a simulacrum of the subject's consciousness. But people will just see the simulacrum and then file into the suicide boxes like lemmings.

I think if we are not careful, it will look like the extinction of the human race.

In terms of SF, the best description I ever read was in Clifford D. Simak's novel City.
Last edited by Speaker to Animals on Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fife

Post by Fife » Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:00 am

We had a thread, or at least a few posts on this book back at the DCF:

https://www.amazon.com/Superintelligenc ... g=UTF8&me=

If machine brains one day come to surpass human brains in general intelligence, then this new superintelligence could become very powerful. As the fate of the gorillas now depends more on us humans than on the gorillas themselves, so the fate of our species then would come to depend on the actions of the machine superintelligence.

But we have one advantage: we get to make the first move. Will it be possible to construct a seed AI or otherwise to engineer initial conditions so as to make an intelligence explosion survivable? How could one achieve a controlled detonation?

To get closer to an answer to this question, we must make our way through a fascinating landscape of topics and considerations. Read the book and learn about oracles, genies, singletons; about boxing methods, tripwires, and mind crime; about humanity's cosmic endowment and differential technological development; indirect normativity, instrumental convergence, whole brain emulation and technology couplings; Malthusian economics and dystopian evolution; artificial intelligence, and biological
cognitive enhancement, and collective intelligence.

Xenophon

Post by Xenophon » Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:04 am

So...how do we stop it?

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:05 am

Xenophon wrote:So...how do we stop it?
Same way the gorillas stopped us.
HAIL!

Her needs America so they won't just take his shit away like in some pussy non gun totting countries can happen.
-Hwen