"First Feminist Government" Bravely Dons the Hijab

apeman

Re: "First Feminist Government" Bravely Dons the Hijab

Post by apeman » Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:44 am

pineapplemike wrote:Respecting cultural norms is fine, but if they're going to prattle on about “a gender equality perspective” and a “feminist foreign policy” in which “equality between women and men is a fundamental aim” then I think they're the biggest hypocrites in this scenario.
/thread

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:45 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:Interesting. Does this mean that the Swedish government should force foreign ministers to wear business formal clothing when they visit?
nope... they have to all dress like this.

It is humiliating.
HAIL!

Her needs America so they won't just take his shit away like in some pussy non gun totting countries can happen.
-Hwen

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:47 am

Hanarchy Montanarchy wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Interesting. Does this mean that the Swedish government should force foreign ministers to wear business formal clothing when they visit?
nope... they have to all dress like this.

It is humiliating.
If serious: Turnabout = fair play then. Wear the headscarf, secure in the knowledge that Khomeni will look like a fucking court jester when he sets foot in Stockholm.

If trolling: Them outfits is funnie.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:58 am

Okay, you caught me... I actually do not know what Sweden requires of foreign diplomats, re: dress code.
HAIL!

Her needs America so they won't just take his shit away like in some pussy non gun totting countries can happen.
-Hwen

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:34 am

There's also the little matter of female circumcision (called "female genital mutilation" in The West), much worse than male genital mutilation because it removes the clitoris, but, hey, let's just start with the hijab & subjugation of women.

p.s. Spent a month in Iran. My wife HATED it! Fuck them.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:41 am

Hanarchy Montanarchy wrote:Okay, you caught me... I actually do not know what Sweden requires of foreign diplomats, re: dress code.

Of course you do. They require hijabs for females so as not to offend their replacements.

apeman

Post by apeman » Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:50 am

Martin Hash wrote:p.s. Spent a month in Iran. My wife HATED it! Fuck them.
I would love to hear some detail, your thoughts, experiences, etc.

BjornP

Post by BjornP » Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:31 pm

Linde “sees no conflict” between her government’s human rights policy and signing trade deals with an oppressive dictatorship that tortures prisoners, persecutes gays, and is a leading executioner of minors.
That's probably because there isn't any. Trade deals with foreign countries are about...trade. Making money, you know? Who gives a shit about the rights of Iranians if you're sitting in the Swedish government? You're only supposed to give a shit about your own citizens.

As for the "oppressive dictatorship that...blablabla.."

:lol: Don't make me laugh.

The US is ALLIEDwith a government that's even more oppressive and more barbaric than Iran. Here's a clue: The country in question is Muslim and not on Trump's travel ban. My country has a nice and comfy relationship with that particular country, too, and so do most Western countries. And at the same...

https://www.state.gov/j/drl/democ/

At least they didn't bow or hold hands with the Iranians... 8-)

If there's no human rights issue in conducting business, and allying (!!)with the Saudis and other degenerate Arab peninsula emirates and sheiks, some Swedish politicians going on a charm offensive to Iran to deal with a less oppressive regime in order to secure trade is hardly exceptionally hypocritical. It's just regular, old, fuck them all for looking down at us, political bullshit all leaders have pulled since... the invention of states.

So, Swedish politicians are lying sacks of shit who peddle, soft, cuddly, and morally righteous reasons in all of their foreign policy dealings, too? That makes them just about... completely normal.

Let's stop fucking pretending anymore. Iran is a civilized country with vastly more rights and freedoms than the damned Saudis. That's still vastly less freedoms and rights than us or the US, but who really gives a shit? Oh, human rights organizations? Yeah, how do you most of you feel about the major human rights organizations? US conflict with Iran has zero to do with human rights, democracy or any other soft issue.

The only problem today is that we somehow let our politicians, ALL of our politicians from both sides of the Atlantic, continue feeding us this bullshit about "promoting freedom", or "promoting gender equality" or whatever BS they want to sell. If said promotion of...any soft issues like that goes in the way of extending your market presence in a country you previously had no, or little, access to before? Goodbye soft issues, hello hard currency.

I'm perfectly fine with doing business with Saudi Arabia, as long as they're not selling their religious shit. But I don't need my politicians giving me some sad tale about the oppressed people of Waka Waka in Africa, who desperately need our freedom, when I know that line is just shit. If freedom, rights, democracy, whatever, ever came into it, then allying with an extremely oppressive, barbaric, freedom-hating, theocracy isn't excatly the best way of demonstrating that.

But if you guys are happy with letting yourself get duped into another war in that region by your government and its media telling you about the ewul, ewul Iranian government.... knock yourself out.

As for the exclusively visual aspect of the story, though:

Yeah, izfunny. But the hypocricy is small level shit prepared to the ridiculously bombastic, dramatic shit the whole world have been force fed from the US over the decades about you being defenders of freedom, democracy and human rights. What's more pathetic, is that most of you probably believe in it. Hell, don't you guys tell your soldiers they're "defending your freedoms", by being over there in Bumfuckistan, fighting some goat-fucker wih a Kalashnikov? :lol: That's just sad. For both citizens AND servicemen. Responsible adults eventually should grow out of that spoon-ful of sugar shit.

But yeah, Swedish politicians claiming to be all for women's equality, while wearing hijabs in a country that has a bad track record on women's and gay rights. Not a good visual.... I'm sure they'll be real sorry about their image if they can make as much money off of Iran as the US has made off of SA. I'm sure that's the reason Trump forswore working with Saudi Arabia ever aga... oh wait.
Fame is not flattery. Respect is not agreement.

BjornP

Post by BjornP » Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:44 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Not to appease them, to gain access to the men in power to put forward a more progressive view of women's rights.
I do not degrade women and if they choose to wear a headscarf in order to try and make changes in Iran then they are not degrading themselves either.
As amazing as it may sound, sometimes these things can happen without national governments creating said progress. The Enlightenment Age values didn't expand to the rest of Western Europe out of some bilateral, national strategy. Young people in MENA countries' play MMO's with people in Europe, and for some games, with everybody in the world. Most of them have access to the internet, even at home. Loads of ways for them to become influenced.

If you want them to adopt more of our values, in respect to human rights, etc. they need to adopt that because they want to, not because we want them to. Otherwise you give people like Assad, or the Saudis the ammunition they need to shut down even the NGO's as "insidious foreign influences" (which they'll 9/10 times will say comes from Israel, because they are to particularly Arab Muslims what Muslims are to StA).
Fame is not flattery. Respect is not agreement.