North Korea fires another missile...What will the fall of North Korea look like?

Smitty-48

Re: North Korea fires another missile...What will the fall of North Korea look like?

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 7:29 pm

The DPRK launched a KMS-4 sattelite with a Taepodong missile, and the sattelite has completed 2500+ orbits, so they have rudimentary ICBM capability right now, if you can launch a sattelite, you can launch a fission bomb intercontinentally and hit any target in the CONUS.

The next big step would be miniaturizing a two stage warhead so they could launch a hydrogen bomb, it's likely that they have a hydrogen bomb, but perhaps not small enough yet to mount on their ICBM, but atomic bomb by ICBM they could do right now.
Nec Aspera Terrent

TheReal_ND

Re: North Korea fires another missile...What will the fall of North Korea look like?

Post by TheReal_ND » Sat Feb 11, 2017 7:33 pm

Apparently they have been planning to do this for over a month. It's all over the press when I look for the video.

Not really as maverick as it seems now that I think about it. Fuck it. Let them eat rice wgaf?

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 7:36 pm

Miniaturizing the two stage weapon is the hard part, it's not that hard to make a hydrogen bomb which is as big as a railcar, the trickyest trick in nuclear weapons development is making a hydrogen bomb which fits in a MIRV.
Nec Aspera Terrent

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sat Feb 11, 2017 7:39 pm

Worst case scenario: they hit the west coast if we don't knock it down first

:lol:

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Feb 11, 2017 7:41 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:Miniaturizing the two stage weapon is the hard part, it's not that hard to make a hydrogen bomb which is as big as a railcar, the trickyest trick in nuclear weapons development is making a hydrogen bomb which fits in a MIRV.

That's what they were showing in the photo ops. There's not telling if it's a mock-up or not, but they showed a fission bomb shell that could easily fit the parameters of that missile's payload in terms of volume. If it's legit, I am not sure about mass, though.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sat Feb 11, 2017 7:44 pm

The more I think about this, the more I like it. As long as we don't have pussy leaders that acquiesce to lil Kimmy we can safely ignore them knowing that we don't have to invade them.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 7:44 pm

If they can launch a sattelite, then range is no longer an issue, once the warhead is in orbit, they can hit New York as easily as they could hit LA, although, probably not accurately, but close enough. At this juncture, likely only with a single stage weapon, 25 kilotons maybe, but probably sufficient to make the US think twice about messing with them, unless you're prepared to bet the farm on the Mid Course Intercept BMD from Fairbanks Alaska that is.
Nec Aspera Terrent

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sat Feb 11, 2017 7:47 pm

they can hit New York as easily as they could hit LA
:sleeping: lol

Unless Trump MAGA's I dont care. Houston isn't on lil' kimmy's list. Hell, he'd be nuking millions of his own.

Fife

Post by Fife » Sat Feb 11, 2017 7:48 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:If they can launch a sattelite, then range is no longer an issue, once the warhead is in orbit, they can hit New York as easily as they could hit LA, although, probably not accurately, but close enough. At this juncture, likely only with a single stage weapon, 25 kilotons maybe, but probably sufficient to make the US think twice about messing with them, unless you're prepared to bet the farm on the Mid Course Intercept BMD from Fairbanks Alaska that is.
What's "close enough" mean?

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Feb 11, 2017 7:49 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:
they can hit New York as easily as they could hit LA
:sleeping: lol

Unless Trump MAGA's I dont care. Houston isn't on his list. Hell, he'd be nuking millions of his own.

LA or Chicago would be the safer targets for them. Maybe not even LA but just Chicago, since you have have less water to miss into. Both cities have larger surrounding areas, so you can get pretty sloppy with targeting and still manage it.

More likely, they hit us with an EMP strike, honestly. About four missiles could shut down CONUS for the most part. Not sure if they can produce a large enough yield to do it yet.

I bet their warhead, if it's real, is more in the 10 kt range, honestly.
Last edited by Speaker to Animals on Sat Feb 11, 2017 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.