Free College in San Francisco

Okeefenokee

Re: Free Collage in San Francisco

Post by Okeefenokee » Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:45 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:Give me a quick rundown of the dots.
I very much enjoy Satie. Dropout or not, I like his stuff. Calming.

GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Re: Free College in San Francisco

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:52 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:He was friends with Debussy through Le Chet Noir.
Jesus christ.

Fine, all of Satie's music would exist if the Conservatory hadn't been there.
HAIL!

Her needs America so they won't just take his shit away like in some pussy non gun totting countries can happen.
-Hwen

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:53 pm

Hanarchy Montanarchy wrote:
Jesus christ.

Correct.

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:54 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:
PartyOf5 wrote: That would called a scholarship.
... which someone like Erik Satie would be unlikely to receive. He still benefited from his time at the Paris Conservatory, and thus we all benefit from France subsidizing the school, even for a pupil that was thought to be lazy and untalented by his instructors.
lol that's the guy that minecraft ripped off. amiright?
Can't keep him down!
HAIL!

Her needs America so they won't just take his shit away like in some pussy non gun totting countries can happen.
-Hwen

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:58 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Jesus christ.

Correct.
We dont need Stanford or MIT either, since some important people in tech didn't get degrees. I'm sure we would all still have iPhones and googles.
HAIL!

-Hwen

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:59 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:
... which someone like Erik Satie would be unlikely to receive. He still benefited from his time at the Paris Conservatory, and thus we all benefit from France subsidizing the school, even for a pupil that was thought to be lazy and untalented by his instructors.
lol that's the guy that minecraft ripped off. amiright?
Can't keep him down!
Hi, I recently heard Erik Satie's Gymnopedie No 1 and it instantly made me think of Minecraft. I looked it up people said it was reminscent to some of the tracks in Minecraft, including some of the Piano and Calm ones, so I heard Calm 1-3 and Piano 1-3. Still, they didn't sound too much alike. So, Reddit, do any of you know of any relation this might have to Minecraft, such as a usage of it in a minecraft video on youtube I might've seen?

https://www.reddit.com/r/Minecraft/comm ... ik_saties/
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:14 pm

Jesus christ.

Correct.
We dont need Stanford or MIT either, since some important people in tech didn't get degrees. I'm sure we would all still have iPhones and googles.

LOL

We wouldn't have a space program, penicillin, airplanes, etc. etc. either.

I'd burn the fucking Art Institute of Chicago museum to the fucking ground just to save as many lives as Alexander Fleming did with his medical degrees.

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:18 pm

Correct.

LOL

We wouldn't have a space program, penicillin, airplanes, etc. etc. either.

I'd burn the fucking Art Institute of Chicago museum to the fucking ground just to save as many lives as Alexander Fleming did with his medical degrees.
That is some super villain thinking. How many MIT graduates were employed in the design of your shark tank powered freeze ray? A lot I bet.
HAIL!

-Hwen

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:51 am

Okeefenokee wrote:
PartyOf5 wrote:Instead of subsidizing insanely high costs they should lower the cost of college.
A dead end road to price controls.
I don't mean the government should set the price of college. I'm talking about lowering the cost by eliminating the waste and forcing these universities to mind their budget. Throwing more tax money at them only makes them more inefficient.

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:54 am

PartyOf5 wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote: I don't have a problem subsidizing the most talented students in fine arts programs or whatever, precisely because they possess talent and will likely contribute culture instead of garbage and Starbucks coffees.
That would called a scholarship.
So the rule is if the individual benefits then we all benefit, therefore we all should pay for it.

Got it.

I benefited from watching the Planet Earth series on Netflix. The world will now benefit from my new knowledge. I want you to subsidize by Netflix subscription.

Better yet. Some guy gained valuable experience from a prostitute. Now you go pay for it.