Free College in San Francisco

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Re: Free Collage in San Francisco

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:09 am

apeman wrote:
Hanarchy Montanarchy wrote:The degree is worthless. The networking, and opportunity to play with talented people is priceless.

Also, we are talking about what should be offered at a community college with subsidized courses. I think it is just as valuable to subsidize the arts as it is to subsidize STEM.
:think:
Yes, if you cut out half the comment, it seems like a contradiction.
HAIL!

Her needs America so they won't just take his shit away like in some pussy non gun totting countries can happen.
-Hwen

apeman

Post by apeman » Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:11 am

That is your entire comment, without redaction.

I agree arts are valuable, subsidizing arts degrees is not.

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:46 am

Okeefenokee wrote: Half of my post was tongue in cheek, but only half.
It was early when I responded. My sarcasm detector was still warming up. Plus I can be a bit pissy in the morning.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:49 am

PartyOf5 wrote:
Okeefenokee wrote: Half of my post was tongue in cheek, but only half.
It was early when I responded. My sarcasm detector was still warming up. Plus I can be a bit pissy in the morning.
I should have poured it on a little thicker when talking about the Barista Helots.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:49 am

apeman wrote:That is your entire comment, without redaction.

Subsidizing art degrees does not concern me half as much as subsidizing marxism in the form of gender studies, critical theory, etc. That bullshit has to go.

I don't have a problem subsidizing the most talented students in fine arts programs or whatever, precisely because they possess talent and will likely contribute culture instead of garbage and Starbucks coffees. But NOTHING good comes out of those fake academic programs that indoctrinate youth into marxism.

Still, we ought only pay for college for the most talented and qualified students. The idea that college should be your right I think we ought to abandon.

An even better solution, if we are going to do this universal college education idea, would be to use the money we currently waste on secondary education to (1) increase middle school by two years, and (2) send those kids directly to a university program or trade school. High school right now, especially government schools, are a total waste of money and time. They only exist because both parents have to work now and to keep funneling more tax money to corrupt teachers unions. Cut that scam out of the public purse and just send them directly to college or trade school. Then they would graduate from college aroung age 21 or trade school around age 18, with no debt, a new career, and the ability to start a family when we are biologically supposed to get married and have kids.
Last edited by Speaker to Animals on Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:53 am

Instead of subsidizing insanely high costs they should lower the cost of college.

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:55 am

Speaker to Animals wrote: I don't have a problem subsidizing the most talented students in fine arts programs or whatever, precisely because they possess talent and will likely contribute culture instead of garbage and Starbucks coffees.
That would called a scholarship.

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:59 am

PartyOf5 wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote: I don't have a problem subsidizing the most talented students in fine arts programs or whatever, precisely because they possess talent and will likely contribute culture instead of garbage and Starbucks coffees.
That would called a scholarship.
That's the point, one is a scholarship, which you earn, the other option isn't.
#NotOneRedCent

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:13 am

Couple of items from the article:
In order to qualify as a resident, a student must live in the city for at least a year and a day.
Living in SF for a year probably costs more than going to community college in any non-coastal city.
The money will come from an increase in the real estate transfer tax for commercial and residential properties valued at more than $5 million.
Is $5 million for a commercial property in SF even considered a big business there? All you're doing here is further raising the prices of real estate in a place only the .01% can afford to buy a home (and actually pay it off to where they own it).

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:21 am

apeman wrote:That is your entire comment, without redaction.

The degree is not what you are paying for.
HAIL!

Her needs America so they won't just take his shit away like in some pussy non gun totting countries can happen.
-Hwen