Free College in San Francisco

Okeefenokee

Re: Free College in San Francisco

Post by Okeefenokee » Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:08 pm

Still trying to make my brain normalize this stuff. It's getting there.

GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:20 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:Still trying to make my brain normalize this stuff. It's getting there.

I get it.

Force=mass * acceleration. Force=mass * d(velocity)/d(time)

Current=capacitance * d(voltage)/d(time)

Capacitance is electrical mass. Voltage is electrical speed.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

de officiis

Post by de officiis » Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:06 am

UW-Madison students demand free tuition for black students
MADISON - Black students should be offered free tuition and housing at the University of Wisconsin-Madison because blacks were legally barred from education during slavery and UW-Madison remains out of reach for black students today, the student government said Wednesday.

The Associated Students of Madison said in a resolution that students from suburban high schools are overrepresented and that the consideration of ACT and SAT scores in applications restricts opportunities for the poor and thus upholds “white supremacy.” Race relations have been a contentious issue at the UW system's flagship campus for months and the university has proposed some measures aimed at improving diversity.
No, it's NOT fake news. :shifty:

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:28 am

de officiis wrote:UW-Madison students demand free tuition for black students
MADISON - Black students should be offered free tuition and housing at the University of Wisconsin-Madison because blacks were legally barred from education during slavery and UW-Madison remains out of reach for black students today, the student government said Wednesday.

The Associated Students of Madison said in a resolution that students from suburban high schools are overrepresented and that the consideration of ACT and SAT scores in applications restricts opportunities for the poor and thus upholds “white supremacy.” Race relations have been a contentious issue at the UW system's flagship campus for months and the university has proposed some measures aimed at improving diversity.
No, it's NOT fake news. :shifty:
UW-Madison's student population is 15% black. The state of WI is 6% black. It is already more diverse (in favor of blacks) than the state. But of coursse, facts don't matter to these kinds of people. :doh:
students from suburban high schools are overrepresented
Because no black students could ever possibly come from a suburban high school. This is so f'ing racist. Suburban is code for whitey. Again :doh:

How long before other minority groups begin screeching about this not including them? At some point it will get to where they will come out and say anyone who isn't a white cis male gets free everything, while the white cis males take up the slack to pay everyone else's way.

apeman

Post by apeman » Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:37 am

One more step up the Mons Olympus of Retard.

We're entering the death zone, only the most determined will continue on towards the summit

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:50 am

jbird4049

Post by jbird4049 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:11 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:
jbird4049 wrote:
Okeefenokee wrote:
That's the point I just made. It's an end route against the end route. I buy my essential texts used. Pre-cal, cal, physics, chemistry, statics, electromechanical, etc. I'm one of the few, if not the only one who actually buys them. Everyone else just trades the pdfs. I even had a cal teacher who gave us a link to the pdf of our calculus text. I bought it anyway, but shared the link on the old DCF. Both in pre-cal and physics, I had to get the online homework access code. I tutor math and science, and daily deal with the shit online homework applications other students have to deal with.

These programs are garbage. They are absolute shit. They are thrown together so shittily that it leaves no doubt that the only reason they exist at all is to raise revenue. It took me two minutes to recognize what I was seeing. Textbook publishers are losing revenue because schools aren't playing ball with textbooks anymore, so they are marketing to teachers programs that make their jobs easier by putting together code that spares them from grading homework. The half cocked web apps that they push out are fucking garbage.

1/2 is the same as .5, but these shitty programs don't know that, so students using these apps get their grades docked because the garbage ass interns who put these apps together don't account for it.

Fuck Pearson.
Preach it brother. Pearson is evil.

I'm trying to get through algebra, and I'm supposed to get the exact textbook edition. Same subject. Same class. Same writer. Algebra hasn't changed in the last century. So why the Hell do I need to get the exact edition (Out of 12?) and an access code. For a funky program that gives me a headache.

Most college grads have to fumble through algebra to get any kind of degree. So textbook publishers must be making a lot of money.

People complain about who is going to pay for college education but don't look at where the money is going. Almost any college degree requires algebra or something like it. Companies like Pearson are just parasites.
Here's the series,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpCJyQ2 ... 4AF1B05894

Here's the first video,

Grab pencil and paper, and do the work with him. Try to stay one lesson ahead of your class, so when you go into class, you're already introduced to what's going on. The internet is more than cat balls.

Thanks. I'll give this a look. Algebra, and I, do not get along, so I could all the help I can get.
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.