Free College in San Francisco

Penner

Free College in San Francisco

Post by Penner » Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:49 pm

SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- It's a historic first for higher education in San Francisco. Mayor Ed Lee announced on Monday that the city will be the first in the nation to make city college free for all students, regardless of their income.
http://abc7news.com/education/san-franc ... e/1740415/

Well, this only applies to community colleges in San Francisco but still, I would say that this is an interesting experiment, here...

This is an interesting idea and I wonder how it will end? I mean if I can get free college (even if it is only a community college) then yeah, I would be happy- and I am sure some parents are really happy at this news as well.
Last edited by Penner on Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Speaker to Animals

Re: Free Collage in San Francisco

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:53 pm

Here is a free cat collage:

Penner

Post by Penner » Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:57 pm

Yes, what is wrong in trying to educate the populace? I mean all education really is an investment in our future of our society and hell, if it is free then the student doesn't really lose out- at least he or she won't go in debt over tuition. Still, though, San Fran is still expensive as hell to live in but if it means, to parents who worry about their children's education future, then maybe this experiment could work out?

Fife

Post by Fife » Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:31 am

I loved collage. I miss collage.

Why were we forced to leave collage?

Why can't collage be free? Why?

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:33 am

Oh lord... we went so ham on this dude in a car forum one time. We made a collage of all his shitty car pictures.

Xenophon

Post by Xenophon » Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:51 am

Who's going to pay for this collage? The price of paste is outrageous. I'd be outraged if I were a SF taxpayer.

Xenophon

Post by Xenophon » Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:56 am

Penner wrote:Yes, what is wrong in trying to educate the populace? I mean all education really is an investment in our future of our society and hell, if it is free then the student doesn't really lose out- at least he or she won't go in debt over tuition. Still, though, San Fran is still expensive as hell to live in but if it means, to parents who worry about their children's education future, then maybe this experiment could work out?
I don't think that word means what you think it means.

Alexander PhiAlipson

Post by Alexander PhiAlipson » Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:17 am

If you got a free college education, you might just learn, someday, that you got what you paid for.
"She had yellow hair and she walked funny and she made a noise like... O my God, please don't kill me! "

Dand

Post by Dand » Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:14 am

I think that if you can afford to live in SF then you already could have afforded community college in virtually any other town or city across the country.

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:28 am

Dand wrote:I think that if you can afford to live in SF then you already could have afforded community college in virtually any other town or city across the country.
Not really, because all of your money is going to housing
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session