Two Americas

SuburbanFarmer

Re: Two Americas

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:32 am

It's hardly hyperbole. Without a functioning government, we devolve into roving gangs, then warlords. It's happened everywhere in the world that a government has failed, throughout history.

Best case scenario is a French Revolutionary era, and that was a complete bloodbath.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Xenophon

Post by Xenophon » Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:44 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:It's hardly hyperbole. Without a functioning government, we devolve into roving gangs, then warlords. It's happened everywhere in the world that a government has failed, throughout history.

Best case scenario is a French Revolutionary era, and that was a complete bloodbath.
American cultural is fundamentally different than the war-torn regions of Africa and Europe, and I think we'd handle such a situation fundamentally different.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:10 am

Xenophon wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:It's hardly hyperbole. Without a functioning government, we devolve into roving gangs, then warlords. It's happened everywhere in the world that a government has failed, throughout history.

American cultural is fundamentally different than the war-torn regions of Africa and Europe, and I think we'd handle such a situation fundamentally different.
if you say so. Totally different humans over here, I guess. :roll:

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

Xenophon

Post by Xenophon » Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:15 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Xenophon wrote:

You're saying culture doesn't effect behavior?

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:17 am

Xenophon wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Xenophon wrote: American cultural is fundamentally different than the war-torn regions of Africa and Europe, and I think we'd handle such a situation fundamentally different.
You're saying culture doesn't effect behavior?
I'm saying that culture completely breaks down when society does. There is no 'culture' in a Collapse, other than the most basic instincts to survive and defend the bloodline.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:28 am

kybkh wrote:Demonstrators closed Aliso Street to through traffic near the Alvarado Street intersection for about two hours, chanting "No hate, no fear, immigrants are welcome here."[/i]
Naturally the protesters left out the word "Illegal" in their chant. No one is opposing immigration. It's the illegal part that people are opposed to. But they use this chant as a way of insinuating those battling illegal immigration are against all immigration.

Dishonest cucks.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:53 am

PartyOf5 wrote:
kybkh wrote:Demonstrators closed Aliso Street to through traffic near the Alvarado Street intersection for about two hours, chanting "No hate, no fear, immigrants are welcome here."[/i]
Naturally the protesters left out the word "Illegal" in their chant. No one is opposing immigration. It's the illegal part that people are opposed to. But they use this chant as a way of insinuating those battling illegal immigration are against all immigration.

Dishonest cucks.
This is where a bit of messaging makes all the difference. Obama was able to do the same thing without an issue, because he looked like a leader. Cartoonish 80's villain slamming his hand on the table about brown people and muslims is not the same message. That's why this is happening.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

kybkh

Post by kybkh » Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:14 pm

Grump, you are underestimating the desperation of the Democratic Party and the MSM.

Any success Trump has de-legitimatizes both entities because of the absurd hand wringing they have been doing for the past 12 months.

Bill Mahr is the prime example. What kind of credibility would he have if Trump turns out to not be Hitler? Same with Mike Moore and every Never-Trump Neocon out there.

The media has made defeating Trump imperative to their survival as a credible institution. The good thing for Trump is all he has to do is come up with a better insurance plan, maintain current economic conditions, deport a few more hundred 1000 latinos than Obama and not blow up the world to be considered a success.

If Trump can simplify the tax code and do all of the aforementioned he'll be 1984 Regan-Tier in 4 years.
“I've got a phone that allows me to convene Americans from every walk of life, nonprofits, businesses, the private sector, universities to try to bring more and more Americans together around what I think is a unifying theme..." - Obama

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:16 pm

kybkh wrote:Grump, you are underestimating the desperation of the Democratic Party and the MSM.

Any success Trump has de-legitimatizes both entities because of the absurd hand wringing they have been doing for the past 12 months.

Bill Mahr is the prime example. What kind of credibility would he have if Trump turns out to not be Hitler? Same with Mike Moore and every Never-Trump Neocon out there.
How is this different from what Faux Noise was doing for 8 years, over Obama? Look at my sig, fer chrissakes. These people do not give a fuck about credibility, and nobody will hold them to it. It's all about making the most noise, and startling the sheep.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:20 pm

Maybe people were holding CNN to a higher standard than Fox.

Turns out that being a pawn of the Democrats is not better than being a pawn of the GOP.

Does that get to the heart of it?

Although some are hoping Trump turns out not to be a pawn of either... and does a few sensible things.
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty