Two Americas

Speaker to Animals

Two Americas

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:38 pm

This youtuber made a great video that simply illustrates the two Americas.

I don't see how these can be reconciled. Not interested in debating which side is shit, since you already know how I feel, and I know how most of you feel. Just look at this objectively and decide whether we can actually coexist under the same federal framework. I don't think it's possible any longer.

Penner

Re: Two Americas

Post by Penner » Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:45 pm

Yesh, man calm down. Your side won the election- take a vacation or something....

Xenophon

Post by Xenophon » Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:59 am

Penner wrote:Yesh, man calm down. Your side won the election- take a vacation or something....
Ok cool. Could you forward those sentiments to the rioters in the street? I would, but being a white cis-gendered male, they aren't exactly open to me having a conversation with them.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:36 am

It may not look like it, but that group of people is not actually in your neighborhood. Turn off the tv and look outside.

You cannot even conceive of 350 million people, or how huge our country actually is. A couple of protests are not going to endanger the entire thing.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

de officiis

Post by de officiis » Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:38 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:It may not look like it, but that group of people is not actually in your neighborhood. Turn off the tv and look outside.

You cannot even conceive of 350 million people, or how huge our country actually is. A couple of protests are not going to endanger the entire thing.
Yeah, but it's so exciting to think it might.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:40 am

de officiis wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:It may not look like it, but that group of people is not actually in your neighborhood. Turn off the tv and look outside.

It must be. We get 10-20 posts a day around here, fantasizing about it.

I don't think anyone around here has a realistic idea of what a Collapse would look like for them personally. Think Somalia or Rwanda, but reaching across a continent.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

Xenophon

Post by Xenophon » Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:53 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
de officiis wrote:

I don't think anyone around here has a realistic idea of what a Collapse would look like for them personally. Think Somalia or Rwanda, but reaching across a continent.
I doubt your analysis.

kybkh

Post by kybkh » Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:08 am

You about to see the real "Second America" in SoCal. If you really think the relatives of deportees who have had sanctuary in CA for the last 2 decades are going to go back to Mexico without a fight, you got another thing coming.

Protest Erupts in Downtown L.A. Following Reports of Immigration Raids at Homes Across Southern California

Immigration advocates and supporters gathered near the Metropolitan Detention Center in downtown L.A. to peacefully protest ICE's reported actions. Demonstrators closed Aliso Street to through traffic near the Alvarado Street intersection for about two hours, chanting "No hate, no fear, immigrants are welcome here."

http://ktla.com/2017/02/09/protests-eru ... -counties/
“I've got a phone that allows me to convene Americans from every walk of life, nonprofits, businesses, the private sector, universities to try to bring more and more Americans together around what I think is a unifying theme..." - Obama

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:26 am

Xenophon wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
de officiis wrote:

I doubt your analysis.
I mean, of course, the Great Patriots would take the chosen MHFers into their arms, march into Washington, and ask for the keys to government, receive them, and immediately reinstate an identical US Government without all the corruption.

It's gonna be great.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

Xenophon

Post by Xenophon » Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:27 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Xenophon wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:

I doubt your analysis.
I mean, of course, the Great Patriots would take the chosen MHFers into their arms, march into Washington, and ask for the keys to government, receive them, and immediately reinstate an identical US Government without all the corruption.

It's gonna be great.
I'm not saying it's not going to be bad for society in general when the collapse comes, but to say it'll be like Rwanda...I'm skeptical. Hyperbole in either direction does no one any credit.