Where's an Environmentalist when you need one

DBTrek

Re: Where's an Environmentalist when you need one

Post by DBTrek » Tue Jul 13, 2021 7:53 am

What happened to the switcg-grass biodiesel version of green energy?
I guess like nuclear, it just solved too many problems for politicians to embrace.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

TheOneX

Post by TheOneX » Tue Jul 13, 2021 8:10 am

DBTrek wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 7:53 am
What happened to the switcg-grass biodiesel version of green energy?
I guess like nuclear, it just solved too many problems for politicians to embrace.
Unless it is being produced from waste oils I'm not a big fan of biodiesels. We are better off using farm land for food crops, imo.

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Tue Jul 13, 2021 8:19 am

We're paying farmers NOT to grow food, and storing the excess subsidized food they DO grow until it rots.
But ok man - you have an opinion.
lulz.

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Tue Jul 13, 2021 8:24 am

DBTrek wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 8:19 am
We're paying farmers NOT to grow food, and storing the excess subsidized food they DO grow until it rots.
lulz.
And you don't see a problem with that?
#NotOneRedCent

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Tue Jul 13, 2021 8:29 am

The Conservative wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 8:24 am
DBTrek wrote:
lulz.
Where did I say I had no problem with it?
The point, which I think was probably obvious to everyone else, is that we're not suffering from a dearth of agricultural land - populations aren't going to start starving off because we grow some switchgrass for biodiesel. In fact, we have so much agricultural land we pay farmers not to utilize it, and buy significant amounts of their crop simply to let them rot.

I guess I need to spell things out a little more clearly so everyone in the forum understands the point.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:02 am

DBTrek wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 8:29 am
The Conservative wrote:
DBTrek wrote:
lulz.
The point, which I think was probably obvious to everyone else, is that we're not suffering from a dearth of agricultural land - populations aren't going to start starving off because we grow some switchgrass for biodiesel. In fact, we have so much agricultural land we pay farmers not to utilize it, and buy significant amounts of their crop simply to let them rot.

I guess I need to spell things out a little more clearly so everyone in the forum understands the point.
We certainly have no shortage of overworked monocrop industrial farmland, sure.

I’d much prefer to see more small farmers growing specialty crops to switchgrass.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

TheOneX

Post by TheOneX » Tue Jul 13, 2021 10:09 am

DBTrek wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 8:29 am
The Conservative wrote:
DBTrek wrote:
lulz.

I'd rather see the excess just be returned to natural habitat than use it for something like biofuels. There are better options.

On the topic of subsidies, we really should end all subsidies, the government was never given the power to subsidies anyone.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Tue Jul 13, 2021 10:21 am

DBTrek wrote:
lulz.
Grain prices are the most highly regulated commodity there is.

The world cant agree on anything, but by the 1930s the world agreed to low wheat prices, and have ensured it ever since. It's highly manipulated by our government in subsidies and price controls.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Tue Jul 13, 2021 10:30 am

Switchgrass (Panicum virgatum) is an upright prairie grass that produces feathery delicate flowers from July to September. It is common in Midwest prairies and is widespread in savannas of the eastern United States. There are several switchgrass varieties to choose from and its high tolerance for different planting sites makes ornamental switchgrass a great choice for any landscape. Providing height, flow, and drama, planting switchgrass brings it all to the decorative garden.

Read more at Gardening Know How: Growing Switchgrass – How To Plant Switchgrass https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/orname ... hgrass.htm
I'm not even 100% sure you need agricultural land to grow switchgrass.
Seems pretty hearty.

But you know how it goes when proposing solutions to things - you get the deluge of people who feel smarter if they can nay-say and find problems.

As if finding problems or giving excuses for not doing things is a skill, or meritorious achievement.
:lol:

Entire leftist population ruled by "problem-finders" who have yet to solve anything.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:00 am

DBTrek wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 10:30 am
Switchgrass (Panicum virgatum) is an upright prairie grass that produces feathery delicate flowers from July to September. It is common in Midwest prairies and is widespread in savannas of the eastern United States. There are several switchgrass varieties to choose from and its high tolerance for different planting sites makes ornamental switchgrass a great choice for any landscape. Providing height, flow, and drama, planting switchgrass brings it all to the decorative garden.

Read more at Gardening Know How: Growing Switchgrass – How To Plant Switchgrass https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/orname ... hgrass.htm
I'm not even 100% sure you need agricultural land to grow switchgrass.
Seems pretty hearty.

But you know how it goes when proposing solutions to things - you get the deluge of people who feel smarter if they can nay-say and find problems.

As if finding problems or giving excuses for not doing things is a skill, or meritorious achievement.
:lol:

Entire leftist population ruled by "problem-finders" who have yet to solve anything.
I look forward to photos of your switchgrass field.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0