Where's an Environmentalist when you need one

SuburbanFarmer

Re: Where's an Environmentalist when you need one

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Wed Jun 30, 2021 2:50 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 2:07 pm
And the US gets to… sail around and threaten Russia some more. Brilliant stuff.

Can’t see what would go wrong here.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Wed Jun 30, 2021 4:45 pm

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 2:50 pm
C-Mag wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 2:07 pm
And the US gets to… sail around and threaten Russia some more. Brilliant stuff.

Can’t see what would go wrong here.

You know we are paying for a lot of that.

Note, 80% of Turks are against the project, and only 8% for. I read a couple articles and it is threatening Erdogans popularity. Turkish banks won't touch the project. No word on how this fits into taking good care of the environment. Maybe Greta will help us out with that.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Fri Jul 09, 2021 11:40 am

PLATA O PLOMO

TheOneX

Post by TheOneX » Fri Jul 09, 2021 12:18 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Fri Jul 09, 2021 11:40 am
This is true for ice floating on the oceans. This isn't true for all the ice on top of Alaska, Canada, Greenland, Russia, and Antarctica. Right now, though, it is mostly just the ice floating on the oceans that is melting.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Fri Jul 09, 2021 12:19 pm

TheOneX wrote:
Fri Jul 09, 2021 12:18 pm
C-Mag wrote:
This is true for ice floating on the oceans. This isn't true for all the ice on top of Alaska, Canada, Greenland, Russia, and Antarctica. Right now, though, it is mostly just the ice floating on the oceans that is melting.
Since I can trust nothing I hear or read anymore I may be repeating bullshit but the ice sheets over land are getting bigger.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

TheOneX

Post by TheOneX » Fri Jul 09, 2021 12:26 pm

Martin Hash wrote:
Fri Jul 09, 2021 12:19 pm
TheOneX wrote:
Fri Jul 09, 2021 12:18 pm
C-Mag wrote:
Since I can trust nothing I hear or read anymore I may be repeating bullshit but the ice sheets over land are getting bigger.
I don't really pay much attention to the global warming debate, so I'm not sure. My position on this is green energy allows us to decentralize our energy production reducing dependency on a central authority. So I do not care one way or the other about global warming, I'm only interested in what the technology can do to promote my preferred society.
Last edited by TheOneX on Fri Jul 09, 2021 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Fri Jul 09, 2021 12:31 pm

TheOneX wrote:
Fri Jul 09, 2021 12:26 pm
I don't really pay much attention to the global warming debate, so I'm not sure. My position on this is green energy allows us to decentralize our energy production reducing dependency on a central authority. So I do not care one way or the other about global warming, I'm only interested in what the technology can do to promote my preferred society.
Totally reasonable position but it requires reasonable people to discuss it.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

TheOneX

Post by TheOneX » Fri Jul 09, 2021 12:34 pm

Martin Hash wrote:
Fri Jul 09, 2021 12:31 pm
TheOneX wrote:
Fri Jul 09, 2021 12:26 pm
Totally reasonable position but it requires reasonable people to discuss it.
It is something that I think most average people are willing to discuss, at least in a red state. I think a lot of Republicans have recently started to come around to green energy for that reason now that it is price competitive with other energy sources.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Mon Jul 12, 2021 8:53 am

TheOneX wrote:
Fri Jul 09, 2021 12:34 pm

It is something that I think most average people are willing to discuss, at least in a red state. I think a lot of Republicans have recently started to come around to green energy for that reason now that it is price competitive with other energy sources.
Much of 'Green Energy' holds the lure of independent energy for people. If I can generate my own solar power and be independent of the grid and motivations of some corporate board it's very, very attractive to me. And that's the problem for the globalists that are pushing the climate change nonsense. Thus, they want to get smart appliances, in all homes, then they can pass taxes on use, regardless of who makes the energy.

The practical problem of letting too many people produce their own power is, that to have a grid, the it must be profitable for the power company.
PLATA O PLOMO

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Tue Jul 13, 2021 7:26 am

I wonder if we could use this? It brings up a lot of interesting ideas and questions.

#NotOneRedCent