Where's an Environmentalist when you need one

Alexander PhiAlipson

Re: Where's an Environmentalist when you need one

Post by Alexander PhiAlipson » Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:02 pm

"She had yellow hair and she walked funny and she made a noise like... O my God, please don't kill me! "

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:09 pm

Alexander PhiAlipson wrote:
My thing is pretty simple.
Saving and improving the environment isn't just about replanting clearcuts and locking up huge tracts of land. It should also be about restoring shit that been utterly destroyed by 'civilization' to make way for the Theatre and concrete jungles. Cities are huge concentrations of pollution and environmental degredation. There is no reason right now we don't go into Detroit, bulldoze entire sections of that city and restore them to nature, make them Wilderness Preserves and reintroduce once native species.

There should be Wolves and Mountain Lions in the reclaimed Detroit Wilderness. Right now is a perfect opportunity. This should be happening throughout the rust belt and these failed and abandoned urban sprawls. Where's a fricking Greeny when you need one ? :evil:
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Fife

Post by Fife » Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:18 pm

I never knew you were a Kelo man. :twisted:

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:50 pm

Fife wrote:I never knew you were a Kelo man. :twisted:
I don't view it through that peephole. There's a way to compensate the owners, but mostly its really, really cheap land right now.
I just believe that we need to re-think our conservation strategy and get out of box that we look for large tracts of land in the West.

In a lot of cases, nature is reclaiming the ground anyway.
Greenies should be in there mitigating dangerous substances, getting it designated wilderness, rolling up the roads, re-establishing native species, etc.
PLATA O PLOMO

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:21 pm

C-Mag wrote:
I don't view it through that peephole. There's a way to compensate the owners, but mostly its really, really cheap land right now.
I just believe that we need to re-think our conservation strategy and get out of box that we look for large tracts of land in the West.

Greenies should be in there mitigating dangerous substances, getting it designated wilderness, rolling up the roads, re-establishing native species, etc.

Not going to happen. The city has back taxes on all those lots. Nobody is going to buy them. The city won't let them go. So the place just rots.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:48 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
C-Mag wrote:

Not going to happen. The city has back taxes on all those lots. Nobody is going to buy them. The city won't let them go. So the place just rots.

:hand:

:naughty: Environmentalism is big business, it's YUGE. Raking in Billions of dollars in donations annually. They have more than enough resources to handle something like this. But what is worse is they don't even give it a good effort. This can be done for the betterment of our environment and to make our cities better places to live. The Greenies aren't that interested in true restoration or they would focus on the environmental depravity of cities. They are just whores for money who want to feel good about themselves.

We need to do this BIGLY, and I have the STRATEGERY! :snooty:
PLATA O PLOMO

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:58 pm

They have been lusting after doing just that for years now. It's not panning out. The costs are far too high because of the democratic party-controlled city government.

If the city and county agreed to forgive all the back taxes on that property, it would definitely happen.

I am not sure you realize how impossible it is to develop that property with the taxes looming over every single lot..

All of that land still festers under a democratic city tax regime. It's a no-go zone. Seriously.

When Detroit becomes something other than a democratic party city, maybe then.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:11 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:They have been lusting after doing just that for years now. It's not panning out. The costs are far too high because of the democratic party-controlled city government.

If the city and county agreed to forgive all the back taxes on that property, it would definitely happen.

I am not sure you realize how impossible it is to develop that property with the taxes looming over every single lot..

All of that land still festers under a democratic city tax regime. It's a no-go zone. Seriously.

Oh, I realize money is a huge part of the equation. But you have to remember that the Environmentalists have been able to basically dismantle and destroy the Timber Industry, the Coal Industry, Grazing on Public Lands, most Mining on public lands and most access to public lands in this country. If they can do all that, restoring Detroit is kids play.

Now here's the thing where I agree with you. Can you get the political leaders of Detroit to do this at the cost of Tax dollars. This is where I want to the Greenies go after a Bill Gates and say, hey you offset this and we'll call Old Detroit Bill Gates Wildlife Sanctuary.
PLATA O PLOMO

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:23 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:They have been lusting after doing just that for years now. It's not panning out. The costs are far too high because of the democratic party-controlled city government.

Oh, I realize money is a huge part of the equation. But you have to remember that the Environmentalists have been able to basically dismantle and destroy the Timber Industry, the Coal Industry, Grazing on Public Lands, most Mining on public lands and most access to public lands in this country. If they can do all that, restoring Detroit is kids play.

Now here's the thing where I agree with you. Can you get the political leaders of Detroit to do this at the cost of Tax dollars. This is where I want to the Greenies go after a Bill Gates and say, hey you offset this and we'll call Old Detroit Bill Gates Wildlife Sanctuary.

We both know that more important to them than actually cleaning up the environment is controlling rural Americans that have little to do with environmental pollution and degradation.

Environmental pollution and carbon emissions is something that blue states (especially coastal states) do while their leftist inhabitants blame the rest of America for it.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:05 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
C-Mag wrote:

We both know that more important to them than actually cleaning up the environment is controlling rural Americans that have little to do with environmental pollution and degradation.

Environmental pollution and carbon emissions is something that blue states (especially coastal states) do while their leftist inhabitants blame the rest of America for it.

Well, I can't argue that. I was hoping some of our other team mates would come in here and discuss my Environmental Justice movement.
PLATA O PLOMO