Where's an Environmentalist when you need one

C-Mag

Re: Where's an Environmentalist when you need one

Post by C-Mag » Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:02 am

Xenophon wrote:
C-Mag wrote:
TheReal_ND wrote:I disagree to some extant because I know how they party. They leave people behind to clean up after them.

Or at least the "real" greenies do.
Looks like a token greenie or two and the bulk of the heavy lifting is being done by the Tribe and County officials.

Jill Stein found time to go out there for a photo op and vandalism, then left the locals holding a bag of shit.
You're shocked? The hippies went out there to prove how righteous they were, and now that the party is over, so is their interest in the cause.
Not really, the Rainbow family has been trashing nature for decades all in the name of peace and getting in tune with nature. But they need to be called out, not just for trashing shit, but for using the Native Americans as a bully bullpit to make news.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

apeman

Post by apeman » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:04 am

I hear native americans were the hot new accessory of 2016. I would not have been caught dead at coachella without at least one.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:08 am

apeman wrote:I hear native americans were the hot new accessory of 2016. I would not have been caught dead at coachella without at least one.
:clap: :clap:
PLATA O PLOMO

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:23 am

You don't hear too much about this, but this guy is talking about the New Orleans wetlands shrinking.
http://www.treehugger.com/corporate-res ... earth.html

My problem with this guy is where was he and his friends when we stupidly decided to rebuild N'Orleans after Katrina. A really, really stupid move by W. Bush. Now this guy in the article bemoans local development as hurting the wetlands. Katrina was a perfect chance to get something good out of a challenging situation. And what the hell do we do, we go right back and rebuild in an unsustainable geographic location. For What ? It's a waste of resources for the global community to throw all this human effort in to pushing back nature in a geographically hostile area to construction. And we set ourselves up for another human crisis in the area if old Gaia decides throw another big Hurricane at the region. In a world where most all Environmentalists believe in climate change and have predicted raising sea levels why in the hell were they not out protesting the rebuilding of New Orleans.

Logically, if rising sea levels from Climate Change are the future, why do we allow any development or reconstruction at coastal areas ? Why did we allow rebuilding after Sandy on the east coast. It doesn't make any sense.

OK, that's my rant on that :snooty:
PLATA O PLOMO

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:29 am

Just drastically raise the rates for coastal flood insurance.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:36 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:Just drastically raise the rates for coastal flood insurance.
That doesn't restore the natural environment. Isn't that what environmentalists are about? I hear it all the time out West. Why do environmentalists spend so much time worried about restoring and preserving the rural west, but not the urban east. The urban is a much wore ecological hazard to the global community than the sparsely populated rural west.

Seriously, I think Long Island should be restored to it's pre-Columbian habitat and ownership.
PLATA O PLOMO

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:48 am

C-Mag wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:Just drastically raise the rates for coastal flood insurance.
That doesn't restore the natural environment. Isn't that what environmentalists are about? I hear it all the time out West. Why do environmentalists spend so much time worried about restoring and preserving the rural west, but not the urban east. The urban is a much wore ecological hazard to the global community than the sparsely populated rural west.

Seriously, I think Long Island should be restored to it's pre-Columbian habitat and ownership.

But we'd have to resettle the yanks in Mexico or something.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:28 am

We already resettled the ghettoes of New Orleans in mostly my city too...

Alexander PhiAlipson

Post by Alexander PhiAlipson » Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:48 am

C-Mag wrote:Seriously, I think Long Island should be restored to its pre-Columbian habitat and ownership.
All it would require is about a dozen well-armed men and a U-Haul filled with Malt Liquor to take it all back from the Monigs.
:twisted:
"She had yellow hair and she walked funny and she made a noise like... O my God, please don't kill me! "

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:43 pm

It's only a few years away from being underwater, anyway, since we passed the tipping point again.