Re: We have to take back the culture

Post by Mercury » Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:43 am

C-Mag wrote:
Mercury wrote:
C-Mag wrote:Chuck You
:lol:

In the words of James Burke, I Stole that, you Steal it Too. :D
Will do, Cap'n
With sad countenance and downcast eyes, Aeneas wends his way, quitting the cavern, and ponders in his mind the dark issues.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:01 am

C-Mag wrote:
Xenophon wrote:
C-Mag wrote:

Yeah, and if you read my earlier post on this after we settled the Switch Myth, I said the real problem is the Establishment Elites in this country are all Progressives. I'm talking about Clan Bush, Clan Clinton, Paul Ryan, John McCain, the Turtle, Chuck You Schummer, Princess Nancy, Phauxohantas......... all of them. If you care about individual liberties, we should all oppose the Progressives wherever we find them.
:text-goodpost:

Thanks Xeno, I've just come to the conclusion that the coin we always talk about is Progressivism and there are two sides to that coin. Both parties push for stronger executive power, larger budget for the central government and have a foreign policy based on nation building and being leaders in an enlightened 'League of Nations'.
I'm on board with that. If you want to label it Progressivism, I guess that works too. But progressivism is also the ideal behind the civil rights movement, among many others. I'm sure there's a better term to use, like Statism, or something.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:13 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
C-Mag wrote:
Xenophon wrote: :text-goodpost:

Thanks Xeno, I've just come to the conclusion that the coin we always talk about is Progressivism and there are two sides to that coin. Both parties push for stronger executive power, larger budget for the central government and have a foreign policy based on nation building and being leaders in an enlightened 'League of Nations'.
I'm on board with that. If you want to label it Progressivism, I guess that works too. But progressivism is also the ideal behind the civil rights movement, among many others. I'm sure there's a better term to use, like Statism, or something.

Thanks BroGrump, I appreciate that. I kind of disagree on your statement on Civil Rights, but will respond to that separately.

Our culture and media and poor use of terms make it really hard for people that have disagreements on some issues to get together on other issues and main themes that we all see as harmful. Certain bad things and actions cross all party lines. One of these I like to point out is that a Free-Loader is a Free Loader, whether it's Bernie Madoff at the top of the Economic scale or Cosmic Flowers the 3rd Generation Welfare Recipient and professional protester. Both hurt society and I have no need for either of them.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:31 am

C-Mag wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
C-Mag wrote:

Thanks BroGrump, I appreciate that. I kind of disagree on your statement on Civil Rights, but will respond to that separately.

Our culture and media and poor use of terms make it really hard for people that have disagreements on some issues to get together on other issues and main themes that we all see as harmful. Certain bad things and actions cross all party lines. One of these I like to point out is that a Free-Loader is a Free Loader, whether it's Bernie Madoff at the top of the Economic scale or Cosmic Flowers the 3rd Generation Welfare Recipient and professional protester. Both hurt society and I have no need for either of them.
That's a pretty radical shift in topic, from State's Rights, and personal freedom, to welfare queens and parasites.
I don't think you'll find anyone arguing in favor of leeches here.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

Xenophon

Post by Xenophon » Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:34 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
C-Mag wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:

That's a pretty radical shift in topic, from State's Rights, and personal freedom, to welfare queens and parasites.
No, but you'll hear plenty about the "disenfranchised" who happen to act like welfare leeches.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:38 am

Xenophon wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
C-Mag wrote:

No, but you'll hear plenty about the "disenfranchised" who happen to act like welfare leeches.
Some do, most don't. Some idiots kick a trashcan, most don't. Some assholes cheer when Trump issues a new decree, most don't.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:40 am

Now, on the issue of Civil Rights.

Civil and political rights are a class of rights that protect individuals' freedom from infringement by governments, social organizations, and private individuals. They ensure one's ability to participate in the civil and political life of the society and state without discrimination or repression.

From the 13th Amendment(Abolishment of Slavery) to the 1964 Civil Rights Act there were 8-10 Civil Rights Acts brought before Congress. Between 1875 and 1957, right about the Progressive Golden Era, there were zero Civil Rights Acts and we went backwards in some areas. However, IMHO, starting around the late 50's Progressives got on board. On the other hand there is no doubt that Progressives were leaders on Suffrage, however at the same time they were establishing Scientific Racism in the form of Eugenics. They gave us Land Conservation, but also gave us Prohibition. So it was a real mixed bag of results. But there is a subtle underlying theme in all of this. The Central Government grows, the budget get bigger and the government directs developments of individuals and personal Liberties.

For Example. Land Conservation was needed, but it takes the form of Government taking control of the land, and a never ending hunger for more land. Which requires more people to manage, more budget and more taxes. Prohibition, a horrible mistake. Which requires more people to manage, more budget and more taxes.
PLATA O PLOMO

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:43 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Oh, don't worry, I know that whoever wired me was drunk when they put the wiring harness together. I've got all kinds of weird connections going on up there.
:dance:
PLATA O PLOMO

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:40 pm

C-Mag wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Oh, don't worry, I know that whoever wired me was drunk when they put the wiring harness together. I've got all kinds of weird connections going on up there.
Well it's not uncommon among our Alt-right board mates to put the 2 issues together as a package. There's been no shortage of delirious rhetoric about how Marxist parasites are taking away State Rights and freedom, to pay for a leisure class of brown people.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

jbird4049

Post by jbird4049 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:12 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
C-Mag wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Well it's not uncommon among our Alt-right board mates to put the 2 issues together as a package. There's been no shortage of delirious rhetoric about how Marxist parasites are taking away State Rights and freedom, to pay for a leisure class of brown people.

Scarily, that's not very sarcastic. :(
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.