We have to take back the culture

Xenophon

Re: We have to take back the culture

Post by Xenophon » Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:32 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:So, the president makes a speech stating that the Constitution is outdated, and needs to be changed. Therefore, he wants to wipe the entire thing and start over... wow...

And some idiots rioting in the street that time somewhere 1,000 miles from you mean that our entire country is about to implode. :shock:

This evening, when you're huddled in your blanket fort, rocking back and forth, I want you to repeat to yourself: "It's going to be ok." Also, I want you to try going 24 hours without watching any Faux Noise or Alex Jones. Take a walk. Smell the air.
"Like, it's not at your house, man, so like, why are you condemning it? Nothing to see here..." - :obscene-smokingweed:

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:35 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:

This is where Progressives have always wanted to go. They do not believe in Inalienable Rights, they believe that it is governments role to shape individuals through a strong executive office and central planners.

Look at where we are today vs 100 years ago in terms of the power of the executive office power, how our central planners shape people and opinion and how they destroy personal liberties.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:39 am

Xenophon wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:So, the president makes a speech stating that the Constitution is outdated, and needs to be changed. Therefore, he wants to wipe the entire thing and start over... wow...

And some idiots rioting in the street that time somewhere 1,000 miles from you mean that our entire country is about to implode. :shock:

This evening, when you're huddled in your blanket fort, rocking back and forth, I want you to repeat to yourself: "It's going to be ok." Also, I want you to try going 24 hours without watching any Faux Noise or Alex Jones. Take a walk. Smell the air.
"Like, it's not at your house, man, so like, why are you condemning it? Nothing to see here..." - :obscene-smokingweed:
Well shit, man, either this is some uber-fear-mongering nonsense, or these toons really believe that's what mass societal unrest would look like. Some graffiti and smashed trashcans? Should I be huddled in the basement with my family over this?

SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:40 am

C-Mag wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:

This is where Progressives have always wanted to go. They do not believe in Inalienable Rights, they believe that it is governments role to shape individuals through a strong executive office and central planners.

Look at where we are today vs 100 years ago in terms of the power of the executive office power, how our central planners shape people and opinion and how they destroy personal liberties.
As has been pointed out SO MANY TIMES, this is not a trait unique to the Left, or the Democratic party.
War on drugs anyone? (just as an easy starting point)
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:44 am

kybkh wrote:If I had gone through the process of becoming legalized I would be irate at the idea that others might be afforded the same rights I earned.

This goes back to the question of what is "justice"?

Is it justice to award individuals privileges others have paid for and earned?
+1 Good Post

One of the things that annoys the shit out of me on the immigration issue is that we never deal with it in terms of what will improve our country over the long run.

What do we need for immigrants in the next 5 years, 10, 50 years ?
What roles do we expect these immigrants to play in society and the economy?
etc.

We should really think and discuss what we need for immigration, but we don't. Our government doesn't lead the discussion, and they should be.
PLATA O PLOMO

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:51 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
C-Mag wrote:

As has been pointed out SO MANY TIMES, this is not a trait unique to the Left, or the Democratic party.

Yeah, and if you read my earlier post on this after we settled the Switch Myth, I said the real problem is the Establishment Elites in this country are all Progressives. I'm talking about Clan Bush, Clan Clinton, Paul Ryan, John McCain, the Turtle, Chuck You Schummer, Princess Nancy, Phauxohantas......... all of them. If you care about individual liberties, we should all oppose the Progressives wherever we find them.
PLATA O PLOMO

Xenophon

Post by Xenophon » Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:55 am

C-Mag wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
C-Mag wrote:

Yeah, and if you read my earlier post on this after we settled the Switch Myth, I said the real problem is the Establishment Elites in this country are all Progressives. I'm talking about Clan Bush, Clan Clinton, Paul Ryan, John McCain, the Turtle, Chuck You Schummer, Princess Nancy, Phauxohantas......... all of them. If you care about individual liberties, we should all oppose the Progressives wherever we find them.
:text-goodpost:

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:09 am

Xenophon wrote:
C-Mag wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:

:text-goodpost:

Thanks Xeno, I've just come to the conclusion that the coin we always talk about is Progressivism and there are two sides to that coin. Both parties push for stronger executive power, larger budget for the central government and have a foreign policy based on nation building and being leaders in an enlightened 'League of Nations'.
PLATA O PLOMO

Mercury

Post by Mercury » Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:17 am

C-Mag wrote:Chuck You
:lol:
With sad countenance and downcast eyes, Aeneas wends his way, quitting the cavern, and ponders in his mind the dark issues.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:23 am

Mercury wrote:
C-Mag wrote:Chuck You
:lol:

In the words of James Burke, I Stole that, you Steal it Too. :D
PLATA O PLOMO