We have to take back the culture

clubgop

Re: We have to take back the culture

Post by clubgop » Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:52 pm

Xenophon wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
kybkh wrote:Here's the DNC Chair letting it all hang out....

Donna Brazile ✔ @donnabrazile
We need a new constitution: Here’s how we save American democracy from charlatans, loudmouths and the 1 percent http://zite.to/1CvqRpU
10:22 PM - 27 Sep 2014

https://pjmedia.com/blog/rich-big-name- ... stitution/
That's a valid one. Rhetoric from a known corrupted former reporter, and temporary chair.

I'll concede you're right, when someone marches in favor of wiping the entire Constitution and starting over.
:o

Can someone screen shot this post?
Done. Bitch done git got.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:12 pm

Xenophon wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:

We need a new constitution: Here’s how we save American democracy from charlatans, loudmouths and the 1 percent http://zite.to/1CvqRpU

That's a valid one. Rhetoric from a known corrupted former reporter, and temporary chair.

I'll concede you're right, when someone marches in favor of wiping the entire Constitution and starting over.

.....implying that I've never admitted when I'm wrong? Not so.

But sure, if you see a large group of people taking to the streets, or even proposing in Congress that we wipe the entire Constitution, then I will join you in your Fox News Freakout session. Not holding my breath.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

MilSpecs

Post by MilSpecs » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:32 pm

jbird4049 wrote:
MilSpecs wrote:Many of the people who want to take back the culture don't belong to our culture. They're the product of immigration into the U.S. Not only did they not entirely assimilate; they altered our culture.
We Americans are an amalgamation of just about everyone and everything. That's why we are Americans and not the French, or Chinese, and if immigrant assimilationd completely we'd be some weird variation of the English.

I'll argue all day, everyday about our mess of an immigration process we have, and would agree we need to control it much more. But I will very certainly not demand that an immigrant subsume himself into whatever kind of "approved" Americanness is deemed correct.
I agree. I'm just getting sick of people who keep insisting they define what American culture is, especially people who are relative newcomers to the culture (people who can trace several generations back to Europe).
:royalty-queen:

Xenophon

Post by Xenophon » Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:22 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Xenophon wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:

But sure, if you see a large group of people taking to the streets, or even proposing in Congress that we wipe the entire Constitution, then I will join you in your Fox News Freakout session. Not holding my breath.
Well, it's the UN, so...I guess it's not technically Congress.

And here's your large group of people taking to the streets.

UC Berkeley:

NYU:

Portland:

San Jose:

St. Paul:

All within the last 6 months in different cities. Go ahead, dismiss the size of the crowd.

"You call that a crowd? Pssh. I've seen bigger crowds at Whole Foods!"

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:38 am

Xenophon wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Xenophon wrote: :o

Well, it's the UN, so...I guess it's not technically Congress.

And here's your large group of people taking to the streets.

UC Berkeley:

NYU:

Portland:

San Jose:

St. Paul:

All within the last 6 months in different cities. Go ahead, dismiss the size of the crowd.

"You call that a crowd? Pssh. I've seen bigger crowds at Whole Foods!"

Honestly, I think they can't really even see it. The ideological subversion is such that you can confront them with all the video evidence, and they still won't be able to process it.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:55 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:
pretty good monologue.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

kybkh

Post by kybkh » Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:13 am

If I had gone through the process of becoming legalized I would be irate at the idea that others might be afforded the same rights I earned.

This goes back to the question of what is "justice"?

Is it justice to award individuals privileges others have paid for and earned?
“I've got a phone that allows me to convene Americans from every walk of life, nonprofits, businesses, the private sector, universities to try to bring more and more Americans together around what I think is a unifying theme..." - Obama

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:14 am

kybkh wrote:Seems we are in a Cold Civil War at this point. As opposed to moderating both sides are sliding to extremes.

What is going totally un-discussed is what is happening to the Democratic Party and it's impact on political discourse. The demographic shift in the Dem party has transformed it into something America has never seen before. One of the two main parties feels the Constitution is outdated and should be destroyed which means the game is over.
I'm pretty certain this isn't getting turned back. When we've got leftists here looking at two years of political violence in the streets, and excusing it, condoning it, and minimizing it, it's time to pack it in. They aren't gonna mend their ways. We know where this is going.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:16 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:

No one wants that.

Five minutes later.

No one is marching for that.

Goal posts shifted in front of your eyes, folks.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:28 am

So, the president makes a speech stating that the Constitution is outdated, and needs to be changed. Therefore, he wants to wipe the entire thing and start over... wow...

And some idiots rioting in the street that time somewhere 1,000 miles from you mean that our entire country is about to implode. :shock:

This evening, when you're huddled in your blanket fort, rocking back and forth, I want you to repeat to yourself: "It's going to be ok." Also, I want you to try going 24 hours without watching any Faux Noise or Alex Jones. Take a walk. Smell the air.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0