Trump's 1st Big Chance on Free Speech & the IRC

Ex-California

Re: Trump's 1st Big Chance on Free Speech & the IRC

Post by Ex-California » Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:45 am

I can go both ways on this.

Not using a calculator besides a basic one does teach you how to do all the calculations correctly for sure, but does anyone actually think you're not going to use a calculator when you're at work?

I guess it boils down to the differentiation between education for the sake of education and education for the sake of job training.
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

de officiis

Post by de officiis » Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:58 am

The nonprofits don't seem too keen on this idea.

https://www.councilofnonprofits.org/art ... rofits-and

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:02 pm

California wrote:I can go both ways on this.

Not using a calculator besides a basic one does teach you how to do all the calculations correctly for sure, but does anyone actually think you're not going to use a calculator when you're at work?

I guess it boils down to the differentiation between education for the sake of education and education for the sake of job training.
It needs to be harder. I see every day what level of intelligence is good enough to pass, and it isn't very high.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:09 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:
California wrote:I can go both ways on this.

It needs to be harder. I see every day what level of intelligence is good enough to pass, and it isn't very high.
That's the real world though. Intelligence has virtually zero bearing on how far someone rises, how much someone makes, or what position they end up with in a company.

And then you get into the whole different types of intelligence to where the intelligence gets applied. There may be some Captain Autismo that's amazing at math but if he can't apply it to something useful and is socially retarded what's the point of that intelligence?
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

Fife

Post by Fife » Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:23 am

Sat Feb 04, 2017:
Fife wrote:Speaking of Trump and the IRS, does anybody have a theory about WTF is going on with Gollum still drawing a check?

SRLY, WTF?

White House Mum on Fate of IRS Boss Koskinen
At the regular briefing for reporters at the White House, Newsmax reminded Press Secretary Sean Spicer numerous House Republicans recently met with Vice President Mike Pence and urged him to tell the President to sack the controversial IRS boss.

"Had Pence brought their intentions to the president and, if so, what was the fate of Koskinen?" we asked.

"I have nothing to update you on," replied the president's top spokesman.

Fife wrote:
Alexander PhiAlipson wrote:Trump ain't going fast enough for you, Fife?
:snicker:

No brakes on this train, amirite?

Gollum is low-hanging fruit. What gives?
Sat Sept 9, 2017:

https://pjmedia.com/instapundit/275051/

GOP lawmakers furious after DOJ declines to prosecute ex-IRS official Lois Lerner
Reps. Kevin Brady (Texas) and Peter Roskam (Ill.), who sit on the powerful House Ways and Means Committee, issued a statement Friday afternoon blasting the Department of Justice and Attorney General Jeff Sessions's "deeply flawed" decision not to prosecute Lerner criminally.

“I have the utmost respect for Attorney General Sessions, but I’m troubled by his Department’s lack of action to fully respond to our request and deliver accountability. Today’s decision does not mean Lois Lerner is innocent. It means the justice system in Washington is deeply flawed," wrote Brady, the committee chairman.

Roskam, chairman of the Tax Policy subcommittee, called Sessions's announcement a "miscarriage of justice."

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:50 am

Fife wrote:Who among us can present a cogent argument for any kind of income tax?
I use roads, emergency services, and am protected under the umbrella of our armed forces. I like that the gov't ensures standards for safety in food products, building codes, flights etc. I'm sure you like that the government ensures contracts are upheld. How does that get paid for? These are just things I can think of off the top of my head.
Shikata ga nai

Fife

Post by Fife » Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:15 am

heydaralon wrote:
Fife wrote:Who among us can present a cogent argument for any kind of income tax?
I use roads, emergency services, and am protected under the umbrella of our armed forces. I like that the gov't ensures standards for safety in food products, building codes, flights etc. I'm sure you like that the government ensures contracts are upheld. How does that get paid for? These are just things I can think of off the top of my head.
I said INCOME tax, not ANY tax. Read.

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:29 am

Fife wrote:
heydaralon wrote:
I said INCOME tax, not ANY tax. Read.
lol
chill out there vol-beat.

I was just wondering why income tax drew such ire from you. I have been talking to another libertarian recently who was telling me that the corporate tax is the one that needs to be eliminated because it ends up harming small business, causes lower wages, makes companies more likely to accrue debt and so forth. Anyway, I'm not sure if you just want a VAT, a flat tax or something. You were asking a cogent argument for income tax. Mine is that since the citizens of this country use services this government provides, this is a way to raise money for those services. We all enjoy having liberties, and by paying income tax we help support the government that ensures they are kept in place. I realize this does not happen much of the time in practice, and I would be fine with changing or eliminating certain ways our government spends money or even open to a different rate we are all taxed. But paying part of your money on important shit that we all use does not at face value seem that unreasonable in my opinion.
Shikata ga nai

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:34 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:Fine. Do it. You won't be laughing when churches get back into politics again.
THEY ARE ALREADY IN POLITICS. They've never STOPPED being in politics. What the hell do you think would change?!?
god you're dumb
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Viktorthepirate

Post by Viktorthepirate » Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:17 pm

If non-profits can be involved in politics than so should churches.

And I hate the idea. But it's only fair.