Trump's 1st Big Chance on Free Speech & the IRC

Okeefenokee

Re: Trump's 1st Big Chance on Free Speech & the IRC

Post by Okeefenokee » Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:35 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Okeefenokee wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:I actually had to learn political economics and marxism. The professor was a marxist and spent half the macroeconomics class teaching the required material, and the other half teaching political economics, marxism, and communism. We had photocopied textbooks from Cuba.

The one good thing that we came away with is a good foundation in most of the schools of thought. Political economics (marxism) have a few interesting perspectives in there too. It might be bullshit, but they sell it to people with some good heuristics surrounded by the bullshit. One of them was the idea that, when examining any economic system (including historical systems), you should cut through the crap and figure out who controls the surplus. That's where the power lies.
I'm in a pretty good place. Many of my profs have worked in the city gov't They're all about work. The head of the engineering department made his money in the MIC on engineering Marine hovercraft. I've got him for two classes this semester, and yesterday he said, "If you don't have a calculator, don't come to my class again." Millenials using their phones.
Bullshit, making the kids pay for overpriced, obsolete, subsidized tech, instead of a $2 app. Wonder why school costs so much?

if it only cost 2 bucks, whats the problem?
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:57 am

I had a calculus professor that wouldn't let people use graphing or symbolic calculators. Just the simple one for basic operations. Using fancy tools is a super fast way to learn jack shit.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:16 am

Okeefenokee wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Okeefenokee wrote:
I'm in a pretty good place. Many of my profs have worked in the city gov't They're all about work. The head of the engineering department made his money in the MIC on engineering Marine hovercraft. I've got him for two classes this semester, and yesterday he said, "If you don't have a calculator, don't come to my class again." Millenials using their phones.
Bullshit, making the kids pay for overpriced, obsolete, subsidized tech, instead of a $2 app. Wonder why school costs so much?

As you just said, the prof isn't allowing people to just use their phones. You have to buy a $130 graphing calculator from Texas Instruments, as I did.
It's nonsense.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:31 am

Can you still differentiate an equation using the chain rule without looking at a reference or using that calculator, though? That's the problem with using those kinds of tools. You are better off doing it all by hand and only using basic calculator functions (like a 10 dollar calculator).

Fife

Post by Fife » Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:01 am

Speaking of Trump and the IRS, does anybody have a theory about WTF is going on with Gollum still drawing a check?

SRLY, WTF?

White House Mum on Fate of IRS Boss Koskinen
At the regular briefing for reporters at the White House, Newsmax reminded Press Secretary Sean Spicer numerous House Republicans recently met with Vice President Mike Pence and urged him to tell the President to sack the controversial IRS boss.

"Had Pence brought their intentions to the president and, if so, what was the fate of Koskinen?" we asked.

"I have nothing to update you on," replied the president's top spokesman.

Alexander PhiAlipson

Post by Alexander PhiAlipson » Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:05 am

Trump ain't going fast enough for you, Fife?
:snicker:
"She had yellow hair and she walked funny and she made a noise like... O my God, please don't kill me! "

Fife

Post by Fife » Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:13 am

Alexander PhiAlipson wrote:Trump ain't going fast enough for you, Fife?
:snicker:

No brakes on this train, amirite?

Gollum is low-hanging fruit. What gives?

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:26 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Okeefenokee wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:

As you just said, the prof isn't allowing people to just use their phones. You have to buy a $130 graphing calculator from Texas Instruments, as I did.
It's nonsense.
No, the calculator costs 20 bucks, not 200. and it's because of cheating. duh. what do you think is going to happen when you let students use their smart phones during exams?
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:30 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:I had a calculus professor that wouldn't let people use graphing or symbolic calculators. Just the simple one for basic operations. Using fancy tools is a super fast way to learn jack shit.
I haven't been able to use a calculator in my math classes, period. Not even a fucking abacus.

We were able to use graphing calcs in my engineering classes until someone got caught uploading pdfs on theirs to read during the exams. Now, no more.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:43 am

Okeefenokee wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:I had a calculus professor that wouldn't let people use graphing or symbolic calculators. Just the simple one for basic operations. Using fancy tools is a super fast way to learn jack shit.
I haven't been able to use a calculator in my math classes, period. Not even a fucking abacus.

We were able to use graphing calcs in my engineering classes until someone got caught uploading pdfs on theirs to read during the exams. Now, no more.

It was the best thing that could happen to you.