Michael Flynn
59%
Steve Bannon
41%

Total votes: 17

Speaker to Animals

Re: Who do you want to win?

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:04 pm

It's like when you insinuate we are fascists because we supported Trump, and we mock you by threatening to throw you out of helicopters and send death squads to kidnap you. I mean.. most of us. I suspect at least one of us is serious. :lol:

Dand

Post by Dand » Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:06 pm

Ok thanks, Adwin, now I understand what you meant more clearly. There is also the power of darkness in there too and I agree with him.

Bannon's my guy and I hope he wins. I like Flynn too but in this poll it's absolutely Bannon for me.

adwinistrator

Post by adwinistrator » Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:30 pm

clubgop wrote:Nope, that interpretation is what is trying to be pushed off as your devised liberal narrative. But no, Dick Cheney, Darth Vader, Satan arent power but thier characteristations as such are powerful. The lefts game of demonization is a power being used against them. While demonizing their opponents they are getting sussed on issues and are doing evil shit in defense of supposed "good." We are out Alinsky your asses "make them live thier values."

http://ace.mu.nu/archives/368084.php
This article has a pretty good handle on the idea. The right is no longer going to be held to the wrong and dishonest interpretations of our values instead we are going to to hold you to yours.
You clearly misinterpreted or didn't bother to read my post. That's fine if you want to yell at the liberals, but don't attribute statements to me which I have not made.

Thank's for posting the article, I'll give it a read.
clubgop wrote:But no, Dick Cheney, Darth Vader, Satan arent power but thier characteristations as such are powerful
adwinistrator wrote:I would interpret his statement more along the lines of unilateral manifestation of will, the real puppet-master, and the reshaping of the future.
It's almost like I agree with you...
Speaker to Animals wrote:It's like when you insinuate we are fascists because we supported Trump, and we mock you by threatening to throw you out of helicopters and send death squads to kidnap you. I mean.. most of us. I suspect at least one of us is serious. :lol:
I have never insinuated that supporters of President Trump are fascists.
Dand wrote:Ok thanks, Adwin, now I understand what you meant more clearly. There is also the power of darkness in there too and I agree with him.

Bannon's my guy and I hope he wins. I like Flynn too but in this poll it's absolutely Bannon for me.
Glad I was able to explain myself clearly enough.

I honestly don't consider Dick Cheney to be evil at all, and I understand exactly what Steve Bannon meant when he referenced him in this sentence. Dick Cheney was an extremely experienced politician and bureaucrat who understood how to bypass the institutional bottlenecks in government. He operated in the shadows, but used to bureaucracy as a tool, so that himself and others could be much more effective than their singular efforts could have been.

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:04 pm

It's almost like I agree with you
So then why attack me and not Penner? I disagree with your whole power dynamic. Dick Cheney isnt evil nor is he the puppet master neither is Bannon. Darth Vader also wasnt a puppet master nor Satan. Evil? Sure. But why? Liberals will say the ends are evil, conservatives will say the means. Darkness is saying our ends are evil and therefore attributing sinister motives to our means. Keep playing this game it is going along swimmingly for you.

ssu

Post by ssu » Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:40 am

I think this small encounter tells a lot of the Trump administration on how it is going to work:
adwinistrator wrote: Washington Post - Josh Rogin - Inside the White House-Cabinet battle over Trump’s immigration order (Updated 2/5/17 8:55 AM
Over the weekend of Jan. 28-29, as airport protests raged over President Trump’s executive order on immigration, the man charged with implementing the order, Homeland Security Secretary John F. Kelly, had a plan. He would issue a waiver for lawful permanent residents, a.k.a. green-card holders, from the seven majority-Muslim countries whose citizens had been banned from entering the United States.

White House chief strategist Stephen K. Bannon wanted to stop Kelly in his tracks and told him not to issue the order. Kelly, according to two administration officials familiar with the confrontation, refused to comply. That was the beginning of a weekend of negotiations among senior Trump administration staffers that led, on Sunday, Jan. 29, to a White House decision to change the process for the issuance of executive orders.

The disagreement between Bannon and Kelly pitted a political operator against a military disciplinarian. Two administration officials gave the following account of their exchange: Respectfully but firmly, the retired general told Bannon that despite his high position in the White House and close relationship with President Trump, the former Breitbart chief was not in Kelly’s chain of command. If the president wanted Kelly to back off from issuing the waiver, Kelly would have to hear it from the president directly, he told Bannon. White House press secretary Sean Spicer said Kelly and Bannon spoke on Jan. 27 and 29, but denied they had a confrontation over the green card waiver. In an email sent late Saturday, Bannon also denied a confrontation with Kelly and said he had not told him to withhold the waiver.

Trump didn’t call Kelly to tell him to hold off. Kelly issued the waiver late Saturday night, although it wasn’t officially announced until the following day.
Bannon and Miller certainly wanted to hit the ground running, but didn't seem to have the process in place to make sure there weren't errors in the execution. Flynn, Mattis, and Kelly seem to not be interested in any wild west shit: measure twice cut once.

President Trump clearly did not like the idea of having to fight over oversights in this executive order, when with a bit of review by his cabinet's offices and their legal teams, this could have been done with a lot less complication.
Here Kelly, the former commander of Southcom, acted as it was obvious from his character. Kelly has for example emphasized (as an acting general) the importance of human rights, so basically this "principles/values are important"-guy will react in this manner. Kelly (and Mattis) are going to likely behave this way when some Bannon wants to cut corners. And Trump likely will not go over them, as Trump for example has said that he will go along with Mattis with the issue of torture.

What here is different to for example the Bush administration, is that the these two generals aren't the standard politicians willing to cut corners and for whom things like values or codes of conduct is just rhetoric and nothing important. As Mattis is nothing like Rumsfeldt, Kelly isn't no Tom Ridge of the Bush administration. Hence Mattis, Kelly and the lot act like safety valves, which will in the long run be good for the Trump presidency. Yet both of the retired generals naturally want for the administration to work, hence naturately they will want to work with Bannon. And likely Bannon as a somewhat smart guy will learn from this episode.

The critical media will naturally try to portray it as a conflict, but I think there isn't one, really. Just a little bit of learning out how the administration functions.

Yet as I've said, political advisors work better through their president than be exposed themselves as being an actor.

kybkh

Post by kybkh » Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:41 pm

Fake News...

The article has been updated to reflect comments from White House press secretary Sean Spicer. The article previously stated that Stephen K. Bannon visited Homeland Security Secretary John F. Kelly’s office on Jan. 28. Spicer said Bannon did not make such a visit. He also said that Secretary of State Rex Tillerson and Bannon did not participate in a 2 a.m. conference call on Jan. 29. The article also previously stated that President Trump approved a pause in executive orders pending new procedures. According to Spicer, it was White House Chief of Staff Reince Priebus, rather than the president, who approved the new procedures, but not a pause.
“I've got a phone that allows me to convene Americans from every walk of life, nonprofits, businesses, the private sector, universities to try to bring more and more Americans together around what I think is a unifying theme..." - Obama

adwinistrator

Post by adwinistrator » Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:52 pm

kybkh wrote:Fake News...

The article has been updated to reflect comments from White House press secretary Sean Spicer. The article previously stated that Stephen K. Bannon visited Homeland Security Secretary John F. Kelly’s office on Jan. 28. Spicer said Bannon did not make such a visit. He also said that Secretary of State Rex Tillerson and Bannon did not participate in a 2 a.m. conference call on Jan. 29. The article also previously stated that President Trump approved a pause in executive orders pending new procedures. According to Spicer, it was White House Chief of Staff Reince Priebus, rather than the president, who approved the new procedures, but not a pause.
I quoted the article after those corrections were made, and statements added.

Reading the article after the update, it still basically has the same claim from sources, Bannon didn't want Kelly to undo the green-card holders inclusion in the restrictions. Kelly told Bannon that if President Trump wants me to do that, then he can ask me to. Chain of command.

I'd bet the source is from Gen. Kelly's staff inside the DHS. He got beaten up on this, with sources saying he never got to review the EO, then he went to the press to say that he did. If he was just doing PR, I could see his staff being pissed enough to leak.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:14 pm

F A K E
A
K
E