Michael Flynn
59%
Steve Bannon
41%

Total votes: 17

adwinistrator

Who do you want to win?

Post by adwinistrator » Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:03 pm

The power struggle has begun, Flynn vs. Bannon. Who do you want to be the actual advisor that President Trump makes his nation security decisions with?

Smitty-48

Re: Who do you want to win?

Post by Smitty-48 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:09 pm

False dichtomy, Bannon and Flynn will get along just fine, both are on the same wavelength, if there are two camps, the camps would be more like Team Bannon-Flynn v. Team Mattis-Kelly. Flynn is on the side of the firebrands, he's just as political as Bannon is, they are natural allies.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:16 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:False dichtomy, Bannon and Flynn will get along just fine, both are on the same wavelength, if there are two camps, the camps would be more like Team Bannon-Flynn v. Team Mattis-Kelly. Flynn is on the side of the firebrands, he's just as political as Bannon is, they are natural allies.
This. Bad poll.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:23 pm

adwinistrator wrote:The power struggle has begun, Flynn vs. Bannon. Who do you want to be the actual advisor that President Trump makes his nation security decisions with?
Who told you that? The media?

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:31 pm

Against Team USMC; Flynn needs Bannon, Bannon needs Flynn, they are going to have to work together, to overrule the Marines.
Last edited by Smitty-48 on Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nec Aspera Terrent

adwinistrator

Post by adwinistrator » Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:31 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:False dichtomy, Bannon and Flynn will get along just fine, both are on the same wavelength, if there are two camps, the camps would be more like Team Bannon-Flynn v. Team Mattis-Kelly. Flynn is on the side of the firebrands, he's just as political as Bannon is, they are natural allies.
From what I'm seeing, Flynn is being sidelined, and Bannon will be the primary advisor on national security issues when the final decisions are being made, Flynn's NSC policy recommendations and advice will be of use though.

I'm not asking to predict the future, I'm asking who you would rather be Trump's primary national security advisor, when he's making those decisions. Some president's NSC advisor has more sway, some president's personal advisors have more sway. (Nixon vs. Kennedy)

I'm sure they can get along, but one will end up being primary...

kybkh

Post by kybkh » Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:32 pm

I don't think Flynn and Bannon even cover the same topics.

Flynn is playing a very specialized role, his main goal is to counter and destroy the CIA/State Department establishment.

Bannon's influence on foreign affairs is media created...fake news.
“I've got a phone that allows me to convene Americans from every walk of life, nonprofits, businesses, the private sector, universities to try to bring more and more Americans together around what I think is a unifying theme..." - Obama

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:35 pm

adwinistrator wrote: From what I'm seeing, Flynn is being sidelined
What are you seeing, liberal media narratives? Where are you pulling this out of, The New York Times? CNN? Your ass?
Nec Aspera Terrent

adwinistrator

Post by adwinistrator » Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:46 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
adwinistrator wrote: From what I'm seeing, Flynn is being sidelined
What are you seeing, liberal media narratives? Where are you pulling this out of, The New York Times? CNN? Your ass?
Let's start with someone who worked with Flynn, admires him, and actually see's the challenges he's facing.

The Atlantic - Can Mike Flynn Regain Influence Inside the White House? (1/30/17)

If you think Andrew Exum is fake news, I'm not sure what passes for reality anymore.
Andrew Exum is an American scholar of the Middle East. Previously a Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense for Middle East Policy in the US Government, he is a former U.S. Army officer and Fellow of the Center for a New American Security (CNAS). He also participated in General Stanley McChrystal's review of the American strategy in Afghanistan.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:50 pm

Fake News. Exum is a known Cuck.
Last edited by Smitty-48 on Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nec Aspera Terrent