GWOT: The More Things Change . . .

SuburbanFarmer

Re: GWOT: The More Things Change . . .

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:06 pm

The Conservative wrote:
Okeefenokee wrote:When you use women and children as human shields, you win.

Bullshit... you only win if the enemy isn't willing to pull the trigger.
They aren't doing it to convince you. They're trying to get us to act like this, to incite the rest of their 1.1 billion. And we're happily playing along.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:12 pm

I don't think that targeted vendetta is actually something that inflames, the Arabs at least, that's something that they both understand and embrace, if you're going after specific families, in a vendetta, that is Arab logic, it's only when people are targeted randomly without cause, that they are going to get upset. It's not like the Arabs actually have any solidarity, they are nothing, if not tribal.
Nec Aspera Terrent

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:14 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:I don't think that targeted vendetta is actually something that inflames, the Arabs at least, that's something that they both understand and embrace, if you're going after specific families, in a vendetta, that is Arab logic, it's only when people are targeted randomly without cause, that they are going to get upset. It's not like the Arabs actually have any solidarity, they are nothing, if not tribal.
As my grandfather use to say, we took nomads out of the desert and attempted to civilize them... as history as shown, that hasn't worked out so well.
#NotOneRedCent

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:17 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:I don't think that targeted vendetta is actually something that inflames, the Arabs at least, that's something that they both understand and embrace, if you're going after specific families, in a vendetta, that is Arab logic, it's only when people are targeted randomly without cause, that they are going to get upset. It's not like the Arabs actually have any solidarity, they are nothing, if not tribal.
Yeah dude. They'll be cool with it, so long as we drop a pamphlet after the explosions, to say why we killed each heat signature in the building, and what it was for.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:19 pm

The Conservative wrote:
As my grandfather use to say, we took nomads out of the desert and attempted to civilize them... as history as shown, that hasn't worked out so well.
Pan Arab Nation; there's no such thing, this is not their paradigm, it has been tried, the Nasser's and Assad's of the world have tried to force it upon them, but it simply has not come to pass, culture is destiny.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:23 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Yeah dude. They'll be cool with it, so long as we drop a pamphlet after the explosions, to say why we killed each heat signature in the building, and what it was for.
The people in the Middle East who would actually go so far as to join AQ/IS? They don't give a shit about minutiae like that, the only people who care about that, are Western Liberals, which is why the AQ/IS propaganda is effective, but the Salafist Doomsday Prophets are not swayed in either direction, they are commited to their ideology at a much more fundamental level.

The "ZOMG drone strikes!" thing, is actually most likely to inflame Westerners, not Arab Salafist Jihadists, Arab Salafist Jihadists don't need an excuse.

There's no sense trying to appease a Doomsday Cult, they don't drink the kool-aid, over the nickle and dime shit.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:46 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
The Conservative wrote:
Pan Arab Nation; there's no such thing, this is not their paradigm, it has been tried, the Nasser's and Assad's of the world have tried to force it upon them, but it simply has not come to pass, culture is destiny.
What about 1000 years ago?
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:47 pm

I mean, the idea that the people in the Middle East do not understand collateral damage in a war, a battle which will inevitably kill bystanders, is a paternalistic Westernized bourgeois liberal narrative, but the people in the ME do not conflate collateral damage with carpet bombing, only Western liberals do that, which is why AQ/IS propaganda is not actually targeted at people in the ME, AQ/IS propaganda is targeted to incite dissension in the ranks in the West.

People in the ME are familiar with war, and most of them do not support AQ/IS, and most of them say go and get them, please do, and yeah, we get it, it's not going to utterly surgical, because that's not how war is, just don't carpet bomb the place to kill a handful of people.
Nec Aspera Terrent

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:49 pm

Yeah dude. They're cool. They have like 10 kids or something, so they aren't worried about a couple of them blowing up.

They'll just blame themselves and move on, cause I mean, they're not really human, ya know? S'all good.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:53 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:Yeah dude. They're cool. They have like 10 kids or something, so they aren't worried about a couple of them blowing up.

They'll just blame themselves and move on, cause I mean, they're not really human, ya know? S'all good.

You are bringing your fucktard status up to new levels....
#NotOneRedCent